Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Does D'Antoni Ever Get Mad

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Does D'Antoni Ever Get Mad

    I've watched this guy for a couple of years and he never seems to show any passion---never seems to communicate that to his players. Its almost like he sits there like an embalmed body waiting for someone to find him.

  2. #2
    Newbie Archetype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    he has problems putting sentences together

    we need a coach who is fluent in the english language

  3. #3
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    He only gets mad when we're up by 30 and the refs call a bad foul against us. lol Fire this fool!

  4. #4
    Member Rioferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't care if he gets mad or not.

    He needs to start coaching some defence. Otherwise he will get mad when the pink slip arrives on his desk sometime in the next few weeks.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rioferd
    I don't care if he gets mad or not.

    He needs to start coaching some defence. Otherwise he will get mad when the pink slip arrives on his desk sometime in the next few weeks.
    Very simple solution....You do NOT play defense you sit on the bench.....
    It works with 12 year olds...
    we have proven we do not need Stat or Melo to win a game...

    PLAY DEFENSE OR SIT........

    if dantonio cannot do this is he is a bigger ***** then he already seems

  6. #6
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by sligoker
    I've watched this guy for a couple of years and he never seems to show any passion---never seems to communicate that to his players. Its almost like he sits there like an embalmed body waiting for someone to find him.
    Better question does Dantoni ever coach? Who cares if he gets mad or not.

  7. #7
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default



    Observe closely look how red his face is in the picture i posted compared to my signature.

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Better question does Dantoni ever coach? Who cares if he gets mad or not.
    ROFLMAO, i was about to post the same thing.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by sligoker
    I've watched this guy for a couple of years and he never seems to show any passion---never seems to communicate that to his players. Its almost like he sits there like an embalmed body waiting for someone to find him.
    one of the reasons I believe he is a terrible coach.

    Excluding his inability to coach X's and O's and draw up plays that actually execute, he only yells at his young players and usually for stuff that the star players do constantly.

    You will NEVER see Mike D yell at Amare or Melo for stupid plays and when they just seem to not want to play defense, especially amare. How many times has melo done something stupid on offense, got mad and fouled the opposing team right after in frustration? THese deserve a cold seat on the bench and Mike D is too scared to do it.

    Mike D is a wussie that is having his wussiness rub off on the team.

    All of his teams rarely brought hustle and tenacious play. The Knicks have great players and a great roster yet this coach is failing miserably and getting booed in his own stadium like Isiah Thomas did with Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry.

    This guy is terrible.

    Please Lord Jesus have this man fired.

  10. #10
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    one of the reasons I believe he is a terrible coach.

    Excluding his inability to coach X's and O's and draw up plays that actually execute, he only yells at his young players and usually for stuff that the star players do constantly.

    You will NEVER see Mike D yell at Amare or Melo for stupid plays and when they just seem to not want to play defense, especially amare. How many times has melo done something stupid on offense, got mad and fouled the opposing team right after in frustration? THese deserve a cold seat on the bench and Mike D is too scared to do it.

    Mike D is a wussie that is having his wussiness rub off on the team.

    All of his teams rarely brought hustle and tenacious play. The Knicks have great players and a great roster yet this coach is failing miserably and getting booed in his own stadium like Isiah Thomas did with Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry.

    This guy is terrible.

    Please Lord Jesus have this man fired.

    I agree that D'Antoni has to go by now. It's gotten to a point where we simply can't keep him anymore.

    He did some great work back in Phoenix, but that was 2004 and 2005....7 years ago.

    I'd like to know though who our 'great players' are?

    Tyson Chandler yes, but there it stops imo.

    Lin and Shumpert are great talents, but very inexperienced and not there yet.

    Fields, Novak, Jeffries, Jorts are all great role players, but hardly guys that can win games on their own or be considered franchise players.

    I think that even with a new coach we'll struggle, unless we trade Meo or Stat (or even both) and revamp the roster.

    Somebody here (don't remember who) made a very good suggesions. He said Melo needs a similar team around him like Iverson had in 2001 with the Sixers. One scorer and 4 defenders and teamplayers.

    That could work imo.

    With Stat it's much more difficult, we'd basically need to get rid off Melo and Tyson Chandler, play him at center and surround him with shooters and athletic forwards (Wilson Chandler, Shawn Marion style) to get some production out of him.

  11. #11
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Not getting mad is not the problem. Not benching people is. Let me just draw your attention to two things: 1. Who do you think would be willing to coach this group of players (I refuse to call them a team)?
    2. What will happen if Mike Woodson becomes our head coach and nothing changes? Scape-goating coaches is the old trick in pro sports and we have badly crafted squad. Dolan has fabricated another mess and it is not going to go away firing Dantoni. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I've seen this before.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I see him get mad all the time. Unfortunately, that anger seems to be always directed at the refs and TD. He can't yell at players who plays the game better than he could ever dream to play it...he shouldn't even be on TD's back for that matter. This coach has proven time and time again that he is not cut out for this team...possibly the league.

    How does a scrub know anything about leading a group of proven talent? He has to vent his frustration some how... so I guess he thinks blaming the ref's for his shortcomings as a coach will come off as being a passionate leader. lol

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I agree that D'Antoni has to go by now. It's gotten to a point where we simply can't keep him anymore.

    He did some great work back in Phoenix, but that was 2004 and 2005....7 years ago.

    I'd like to know though who our 'great players' are?

    Tyson Chandler yes, but there it stops imo.

    Lin and Shumpert are great talents, but very inexperienced and not there yet.

    Fields, Novak, Jeffries, Jorts are all great role players, but hardly guys that can win games on their own or be considered franchise players.

    I think that even with a new coach we'll struggle, unless we trade Meo or Stat (or even both) and revamp the roster.

    Somebody here (don't remember who) made a very good suggesions. He said Melo needs a similar team around him like Iverson had in 2001 with the Sixers. One scorer and 4 defenders and teamplayers.

    That could work imo.

    With Stat it's much more difficult, we'd basically need to get rid off Melo and Tyson Chandler, play him at center and surround him with shooters and athletic forwards (Wilson Chandler, Shawn Marion style) to get some production out of him.
    Melo and Amare are still Allstars but they dont have a coach kicking their ass and we all know how good these guys can be if they have someone that they respect leading the pack.

    Surround that with the talent we have and you have a really good team. On paper we should destroy people and yet the OFFENSIVE GENIUS MIKE D can't get it together....so over rated it makes me want to puke

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    D'antoni did go off when Kidd tried to take Lin's head off. Not sure if you watched the last Mavs game.

  15. #15
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by kinein
    D'antoni did go off when Kidd tried to take Lin's head off. Not sure if you watched the last Mavs game.
    That was a case of him fighting for his life line.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 10, 2011, 13:26
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  4. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 16:11
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 11:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •