Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Carmelo?

Veteran

Default Would you trade Carmelo?

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I couldn't help after watching this seasons ups and downs. I'm not one who doesn't recognize the fact that lack of chemistry and healthy playing time with a mix of basically rookie pg and pieces that keep getting played and added is not hurting us. It is.

I understand how many of you wish Amare was the one to go and it makes sense for multiple reasons but we wont get anything for him.. and in a league so short on big men maybe its not the best option..

Carmelo is still a valuable trade piece.. and although being my favorite current NBA player we might need to take offers. I'm not saying blow up the team nor am I ignoring all the stuff I mentioned first.. but I just have this gut feeling as many of you probably have that Carmelo just doesn't fit. He's clutch, he can score, he isn't causing trouble but winning is what's most important. and we're not doing so.

So if it was possible to send Carmelo Anthony to Atlanta for Josh Smith would you do it? Marvin Williams large contract would probably have to be involved as well as a piece like Toney Douglas to balance it out.

The Cavs are interested in Marvin still so a three way trade would still be possible and Josh Smith wants out of Atlanta.. They are unwilling to trade him but if you have the chance to get Carmelo back it might be interesting for them.. and I think in the end it would be great for us.

Yes.

We better get close to the same deal we gave up.

No I wouldn't - this squad hasn't had a real off season training program or practice time to gel and have chemistry.

The guy needs time to work on his game - injuries and lock-out season. I refuse to argue for a trade.

We've seen a lot of potential and they do have the nicest roster on paper. Have some whiskey with that frustration.

KnicksonLIN.com

Yes, if the Knicks keep him, he will be averaging 18 points, and 6 rebounds on 41% shooting next year.

we can build around him... who we need to trade is Stat for a defensive strong foward.... look at the lakers with Kobe... we need someone that can create their own shot in clutchminutes....but the difference is that other players just stand their and look at him when they should move and get open so he doesnt have to take a tough shot

you have to be dumb.. to think Stat is going to win us games in clutch minutes lmaooo think again

Better yet Carmelo and Stat need to be locked into a video lecture where coaches show them what defense looks like from other teams. Then shows them a good 30-40 hours of how THEY play defense. When they think no one is looking.

Yes i would trade

Superstar

Yeap. I would see if I could get Paul Gasol for him, Lakers are desperate they might do it.. And I would get whatever I can for stat. Blow it up this team is going no where as it is, we played better with Lin and Jared Freaking Jefferies starting so its like like we have much to loose. Our record is terrible and because we are going no where currently.

I'd trade Stat before trading up for Melo. Stats knees and his lucrative contract are worrisome for me.when they want to, melo plays better defense. He played extremely well during the during playoffs last year.

Smh why why why

i'll trade stat.

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    i'll trade stat.
    This!!! sums up my response
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 11, 2012 at 19:17.

I'd never trade our stars. We need them...

I would trade the guy completely unaware of the fact that he's blocking his teammate from the wide open lane, and the free runner behind him:

Enough is enough.