Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: GT: Knicks vs Chicago March 12th 2012

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    No point in reasoning with people on here anymore, they're too far gone.

Tons of people purporting to know basketball, when all they do is watch the score bug then read the box score.
    I agree that to many people just see the box score without watching the game. And I by watching the game I mean actually paying attention to things outside of who is scoring. The Knicks overall effort was much better tonight, but if you actually watched the game on a few possessions there were guys not running back on D and guys were not boxing out regularly.

Originally Posted by kinein
    How many losses til guys realize Melo is NOT clutch. He is a good player and in the past has had clutch moments. But this season - NOW - in the PRESENT. HE is not.
    Check the stats and you'll find out he is one of the best over the last 7 years.

KONY 2012< D'Antoni 2012

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    Stat scores 20 but anybody who watched the game KNOWS that Taj Gibson outplayed him throughly. It wasn't even close.

Yup. His rebounds probably gave the Bulls another 15+ pts. Not including all his shots.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Wow Melo really does suck! What the hell was I thinking all these years watching him ball like an all star?? Thanks for showing me the light man.
    yo take your tongue outta melo's p*ssy and stop livin in the past

he ain't good in NY

Originally Posted by Rioferd
    I know for sure that taj gibson would not have had 13 rebounds. Thats for sure.
    +1 Jefferies does the fundamentals when he'
    s on the court he isn't the most skilled but he'll box out
    take charges and dive for loose balls
    A warrior for the vet min. while we have a 2 bitches for $20mil a pop

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    KONY 2012< D'Antoni 2012
    lmaooooooooooo

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Why don't you learn the game first. This site use to be flooded with guys that understood basketball. Now it's a fair weather fan crack house.
    I guess you are a professional ball player? You are one of those "guys" you are talking about dumbass.

KONY 2012< D'Antoni 2012
    Irrelevant. Stat getting outplayed by Gibson - REBOUNDS. Melo fouls.

I got two people responding to me...one telling me to watch games....I guess I don't? I dunno.

And another attacking me, telling me to...and I quote "take Melo off my lips" cause I picked his stock photo as my avatar. Lol, what?

I didn't mention Melo at all in my post, how do you process "people are score bug and box score watchers" with "I'm defending Carmelo?"

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I'm new here, but i wish, i was around, during the old days.
    You would have loved it man. Smart dudes discussing the game. Not everyone agreed but people were logical and made good points. Now it's just a bunch of sheep getting their opinions from the media.

Originally Posted by Archetype
    i wouldn't have to tell u how f*cking terrible he is if you just watched the games
    I did watch the game.

Melo does take bone headed shots but he has a knack for making them in clutch. His clutch ability since he came into the league is well documented. I rather have him taking that shot over 98% of the league.

However, I am not content with his performance over the first three quarters, and as a whole this season. He absolutely needs to buy into the system if we ever want to be successful. He doesn't need 20 shot attempts every game, he just needs to be efficient. He's shown flashes of it, especially in the Cavs game right before the All Star break. Look at how Pierce transformed his career. Pierce was known as a scorer who only made it to the ECF ONCE prior to the big 3. Sound familiar? His career at Melo's age is very similar to where Melo is now. Melo needs to learn from Pierce and look at what Pierce has done to change his game since 2008.

I'm not happy with Melo but I'm not giving up hope. Calling for a trade won't make things better, and it isn't happening. For at least the remainder of the season, this is our team, whether we like it or not. It has promise, it always has, and has so far been a disappointment. 24 games left, let's see what happens.

Would you rather have the ball in Landry's hands, who can barely, if ever, buy a jumpshot?

I would be ok with Novak off a screen but he wasn't even in the damn game. The Jeremy drive...ehhhh. But not Landry. I don't trust Landry.

Making a viral video right now called D'Antoni 2012.

He's an animal, a murderer of player careers, and takes young men and places the ball in thier hands to only shoot 3 pointers and murder any existence of thier games. He's fighting for no defense.
    Trolling pretty hard right now - this has nothing to do with D'antoni - and everything to do with starters play.

KnicksonLIN.com

This sounds like a pass for Melo and Amare not needing to rebound. 85+ bulls rebounds to 34 rebounds when Melo and Amare logged extensive time on the court.

I saw Melo several times walking instead of going for rebounds.

I'm not giving a pass for the rest of the team. They need to rebound too - but Amare and Melo are being paid 38$ Million dollars this year right?
    Agreed. I'm not expecting perfection out of Melo and STAT, but if they're getting paid max contracts, I expect them to shoot high field goal percentages and to rebound the basketball.

Irrelevant. Stat getting outplayed by Gibson - REBOUNDS. Melo fouls.
    Not just rebounds man. Taj ****ing gibson put up 15 points on us. Thats 5 less than stat.

Ridiculous.