Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5152930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: GT: Knicks vs Chicago March 12th 2012

Veteran

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    The Knicks should take care of business against the Blazers at home. If they lose that game, then fire D'Antoni.
    Dantonio cannot force Stat and Melo to play defense or give 100% all game...the only thing he can do is bench them.............at this point he is screwed either way............Unless Phil Jackson is coming in I dont want another coach................George Karl struggled for years to maximize Melo and yet still had such misgivings............If melo is not the man that he is disnterested.......

That was a tough loss. We always seem to break down in crunch time. What is lacking for me is the presence of a go-to play when the game is on the line. Melo forcing up threes with a hand in his face is not going to cut it. Also, they have to feed the hot hand more often. Amar'e was 7/10. He was ON FIRE! They should have posted him up, attracted the double team, and kicked it out to the open man.

Heart breaking loss once again for the Knicks, but it seems that Stoudemire is slowly getting his game back. He's been blocking shots, hitting his jumpers, even has that pep in his step. Losing that 15 lbs of "muscle" seems to be working.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    That was a tough loss. We always seem to break down in crunch time. What is lacking for me is the presence of a go-to play when the game is on the line. Melo forcing up threes with a hand in his face is not going to cut it. Also, they have to feed the hot hand more often. Amar'e was 7/10. He was ON FIRE! They should have posted him up, attracted the double team, and kicked it out to the open man.

Heart breaking loss once again for the Knicks, but it seems that Stoudemire is slowly getting his game back. He's been blocking shots, hitting his jumpers, even has that pep in his step. Losing that 15 lbs of "muscle" seems to be working.
    I agree with everything you said, except for posting STAT to attract a double team.

He hasn't been getting doubled quickly in the post this year. Teams are playing him straight up, and doubling him late if his defender forces him to re-route. It takes up time off the shot clock and then the Knicks seem to get into "oh ****, SHOOT!!" mode.

But they should have definitely kept feeding him the ball where he was getting it before. Keep going to the well until it runs dry.

Veteran

Amar'e is back, for the most part. His shortcomings are ones that he's always had.

3 boards, seriously? Standing Short and Talented more like it

The way the Knicks have been playing lately, I realize this might sound like BS consolation, but if someone told me they'd lose by five points in Chicago, I would have told him what lay off the drugs...........

All this team needs to do is acquire a big time rebounder off the bench. This is one thing just about every opponent had during this losing streak. And in just about every case, it was the difference in the game.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor

In that "Lin for the win" game in Toronto, Melo would have taken the shot, and the game would have gone into OT..................

F**K The Coach man. what set plays? how can the Knicks not know how to do any Zone Ever? F**King D**Khead Coach

Veteran

I mean we even did a good job on D-Rose...the fact that we got outrebounded by so much is sad.

I am not satisfied with this performance. Bulls were missing 2 key players and still took care of business. The knicks are just not that talented and it shows..

you can call me whatever you want and disagree as much as you want but the way i see it is that our problem this season hasnt really been the offense. stat & melo have been good offensively and so has most of the team. we have one of the best benches in the league. fields is the one that has disappointed me the most offensively this year. sure they have had their bad nights, but that happens to anybody.

the biggest problem is that too few of our guys play D. this goes especially to our 2 stars, melo & stat. if they would start to really play D we would be up there with miami and chicago, considering our roster. and this also goes to some of our bench players, like novak, smith and davis. they need to step up on D too. as much as i hate to say this, but melo & stat need to take a look at lebrons game, and see how hard he plays D.

regarding all these people saying trade this guy or that guy, NO! we dont need to trade anyone, we have a team with great talent. if our stars could just realize that basketball is a 2-way street and play both offense and defense we would be good.

i dont know about coach, if this is his fault or not, maybe he should be responsible for some of this, maybe he should be able to get them to play d, i dont know. if theres a coach out there that would be able to get everyone to play defense, maybe we should fire d'antoni and hire that guy.

Originally Posted by redarmy81
    you can call me whatever you want and disagree as much as you want but the way i see it is that our problem this season hasnt really been the offense. stat & melo have been good offensively and so has most of the team. we have one of the best benches in the league. fields is the one that has disappointed me the most offensively this year. sure they have had their bad nights, but that happens to anybody.

the biggest problem is that too few of our guys play D. this goes especially to our 2 stars, melo & stat. if they would start to really play D we would be up there with miami and chicago, considering our roster. and this also goes to some of our bench players, like novak, smith and davis. they need to step up on D too. as much as i hate to say this, but melo & stat need to take a look at lebrons game, and see how hard he plays D.

regarding all these people saying trade this guy or that guy, NO! we dont need to trade anyone, we have a team with great talent. if our stars could just realize that basketball is a 2-way street and play both offense and defense we would be good.

i dont know about coach, if this is his fault or not, maybe he should be responsible for some of this, maybe he should be able to get them to play d, i dont know. if theres a coach out there that would be able to get everyone to play defense, maybe we should fire d'antoni and hire that guy.
    Next...........

Originally Posted by smokes
    Next...........

mature comment...

Originally Posted by redarmy81
    mature comment...
    When you say STAT and Melo have been playing well offensively all year it's clear you've been watching the Knicks for about a week.

1st of all you aint got no clue how long i have been watching the knicks, so shut up about that.

sorry, i meant they have been getting better and better offensively. i know they sucked in the beginning, but back then we had no point guard, and we had no gameplan at all. so i meant all this is post-lin-era. cause then we had someone to run the floor

but the rest i really believe in. if the 2 of them, and some of the bench players really could step up their game on D, we would be doing pretty good.

but the thing that keeps me going is that there are a lot of similarities between this season and the 1999 season. we had a good team that struggled. the season was short cause of a lockout. we barelly made the 8th seed, and had to face 1st seeded miami (quite possible this year). and we all know how far we made it then. maybe the similarities continue and we make the playoffs and really get it together then.. nothing wrong with dreaming :P

Look the knicks need to look to the mavs model for success. Offensive players who had a defensive Coach who drilled in them "Play Defense" its not the easy thing to do but it gets wins.

D'Antoni just sucks it up man.