Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 61630313233343536

Thread: GT: Knicks vs Chicago March 12th 2012

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Look the knicks need to look to the mavs model for success. Offensive players who had a defensive Coach who drilled in them "Play Defense" its not the easy thing to do but it gets wins.

D'Antoni just sucks it up man.
    i agree with you!

the way i see it there are 3 ways for this to happen.
    1: the players need to realize this themselves, and really step up on D.
    2: the coach has to realize it, and get the players to play D
    3: if neither above happens, we need to bring in a new coach with authority who will make it happen.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    -They should have went to Amare more when he was hot.
    -Jr Smith shouldn't be allowed on the court for the rest of the season
    -Shump should play more
    -Novak's god awful D over shadows his shooting
    -Melo's gotta get the ball more in the post against Butler because that leads to Amare's man helping and Amare getting an open jumpshot or dunk
    -Amare not boxing out Gibson lost us this game
    -The offense runs better when Baron is on the floor instead of Lin
    -Lin needs to get Amare and Melo going instead taking so many off balance shots
    -They played well for the most part today aside from not boxing out and not executing in the 4th
    This is exactly how I feel right now but I'd add in a few more 2 man plays from Melo and STAT.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I mean we even did a good job on D-Rose...the fact that we got outrebounded by so much is sad.
    Statue looked lost again on D and gave up 45+ points and 20 rebounds from his horrendous defense/rebounding. That's why we lost, F*ckin goof troop
    (Stat) and Melo wanna be (J.R. Smith) turning the ball over and missing layups. Fire MDA!

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Statue looked lost again on D and gave up 45+ points and 20 rebounds from his horrendous defense/rebounding. That's why we lost, F*ckin goof troop and Melo wanna be (J.R. Smith) turning the ball over and missing layups. Fire MDA!
    I think any wannabe's would set their sights a little higher than Melo

This is what happens when you trade for celebrity and cash. As of right now, yes, I wish we'd never traded for Melo. He's a farce. How can you say he's not with our record since obtaining him?

Where's Dolan throughout all this mess?

Me-lo, SHAT and Dolan: 3 multi millionaires without any base for boast.

NY's finest.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    This is what happens when you trade for celebrity and cash. As of right now, yes, I wish we'd never traded for Melo. He's a farce. How can you say he's not with our record since obtaining him?

Where's Dolan throughout all this mess?

Me-lo, SHAT and Dolan: 3 multi millionaires without any base for boast.

NY's finest.
    Our record was somehow, inexplicably superior with Gallo (and Chandler), despite not having a center on our squad (ie Tyson), than post-Melo.

Tough to fathom. But pretty hilarious we had cats saying Melo was a superior player to Lebron and as good as Durant.

The Decline of Amare Buttermire is obvious a major component of the record situation, though.

Stat last season play very good, i think this is for lockout + MELO. Brother dead also big lose for stat, and maybe no motivation for game? I dont want to blame stat for everything, i think bigger problem here is melo and super mega coach MDA

Veteran

[QUOTE=redarmy81;218206]. stat & melo have been good offensively /QUOTE]

yep them games where they have been 2/12 4/14...etc..etc have really been winners...

It's simply coaching as the key to failure or success.

Phil Jax needed a pool of big time talent, but he knew how to make their big egos follow his lead. Pop with the Spurs does it. There are few coaches in the league who can lead a group of different personalities towards a single goal.

So, first you need talent, and the Knicks have that.

Second, you need a coach who can turn that talent mix into a finished product.

D'antoni just does not have the skill to do that.

We need Phil Jax, JVG, or someone like that to finish the job here. They will not come without big time talent.

Lamelo is the most egoistic dick in NBA history. After he got blocked in the middle Q3 he stopped giving **** about anything. Amare allowed too much points and offensive rebounds, Lin missed plenty of shots, but you can't accuse them of not giving heart. Lamelo started playing martyr right after Bulls defense told him to GTFO. Dude cares only about his numbers and paychecks.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Statue looked lost again on D and gave up 45+ points and 20 rebounds from his horrendous defense/rebounding. That's why we lost, F*ckin goof troop
    (Stat) and Melo wanna be (J.R. Smith) turning the ball over and missing layups. Fire MDA!
    Stat is playing better - at least he's hitting now. Understand that he's still bad on defense.

Originally Posted by 2012
    Stat last season play very good, i think this is for lockout + MELO. Brother dead also big lose for stat, and maybe no motivation for game? I dont want to blame stat for everything, i think bigger problem here is melo and super mega coach MDA
    i agree with everything you say! good english! congratulations to you!

LMAO, am I the only one who thinks that has to be that woman from Chinese media who asks weird and basketball unrelated questions during Knicks pressers?

Rebounds have been a problem when JLin had like 15 rebounds and Amare and Carmelo combined didnt come close to his rebounds.

That 6000$ a game goes a long way vs the 500k + for the other 2 guys. Though to be fair landry fields and the rest need to do better on defense and rebounding. Bright spot was Novak was early on rebounding with energy and actually hustling and jumping.

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    Rebounds have been a problem when JLin had like 15 rebounds and Amare and Carmelo combined didnt come close to his rebounds.

That 6000$ a game goes a long way vs the 500k + for the other 2 guys. Though to be fair landry fields and the rest need to do better on defense and rebounding. Bright spot was Novak was early on rebounding with energy and actually hustling and jumping.
    True.

Plus, Novak actually created his own ****, 1 on 1, quite well a couple times last night.

I have to believe there is just an excellent chance Amare is shot. It goes above and beyond any coach, system, teammates, PG.....He is getting feeds and plays in his sweet spot, and just not finishing. Bottom line.

His value used to be that of a true star, because he was the most dominant and efficient inside scorer in the NBA.

Losing his edge there, even modestly, is like kryptonite to his entire value.

I have to imagine the Knicks know for certain if this is the case. Or if something more transient is going on with him.

If it's the former, he should be traded aggressively ASAP -- even if all we get is the cap space back.

Even if Melo turns it around, and all our cylinders click, we are not winning a title anytime soon. MIA is just too well built, same for CHI and OKC.

You will not win a chip against well oiled beasts like that with a player showing the type of ineptitude STAT has, making max money.