GT: Knicks vs Chicago March 12th 2012

smokes

Huge Member
you can call me whatever you want and disagree as much as you want but the way i see it is that our problem this season hasnt really been the offense. stat & melo have been good offensively and so has most of the team. we have one of the best benches in the league. fields is the one that has disappointed me the most offensively this year. sure they have had their bad nights, but that happens to anybody.

the biggest problem is that too few of our guys play D. this goes especially to our 2 stars, melo & stat. if they would start to really play D we would be up there with miami and chicago, considering our roster. and this also goes to some of our bench players, like novak, smith and davis. they need to step up on D too. as much as i hate to say this, but melo & stat need to take a look at lebrons game, and see how hard he plays D.

regarding all these people saying trade this guy or that guy, NO! we dont need to trade anyone, we have a team with great talent. if our stars could just realize that basketball is a 2-way street and play both offense and defense we would be good.

i dont know about coach, if this is his fault or not, maybe he should be responsible for some of this, maybe he should be able to get them to play d, i dont know. if theres a coach out there that would be able to get everyone to play defense, maybe we should fire d'antoni and hire that guy.

Next...........

redarmy81

Rookie
1st of all you aint got no clue how long i have been watching the knicks, so shut up about that.

sorry, i meant they have been getting better and better offensively. i know they sucked in the beginning, but back then we had no point guard, and we had no gameplan at all. so i meant all this is post-lin-era. cause then we had someone to run the floor

but the rest i really believe in. if the 2 of them, and some of the bench players really could step up their game on D, we would be doing pretty good.

but the thing that keeps me going is that there are a lot of similarities between this season and the 1999 season. we had a good team that struggled. the season was short cause of a lockout. we barelly made the 8th seed, and had to face 1st seeded miami (quite possible this year). and we all know how far we made it then. maybe the similarities continue and we make the playoffs and really get it together then.. nothing wrong with dreaming :p

Wargames

Starter
Look the knicks need to look to the mavs model for success. Offensive players who had a defensive Coach who drilled in them "Play Defense" its not the easy thing to do but it gets wins.

D'Antoni just sucks it up man.

redarmy81

Rookie
Look the knicks need to look to the mavs model for success. Offensive players who had a defensive Coach who drilled in them "Play Defense" its not the easy thing to do but it gets wins.

D'Antoni just sucks it up man.

i agree with you!

the way i see it there are 3 ways for this to happen.
1: the players need to realize this themselves, and really step up on D.
2: the coach has to realize it, and get the players to play D
3: if neither above happens, we need to bring in a new coach with authority who will make it happen.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
-They should have went to Amare more when he was hot.
-Jr Smith shouldn't be allowed on the court for the rest of the season
-Shump should play more
-Novak's god awful D over shadows his shooting
-Melo's gotta get the ball more in the post against Butler because that leads to Amare's man helping and Amare getting an open jumpshot or dunk
-Amare not boxing out Gibson lost us this game
-The offense runs better when Baron is on the floor instead of Lin
-Lin needs to get Amare and Melo going instead taking so many off balance shots
-They played well for the most part today aside from not boxing out and not executing in the 4th

:agreed: This is exactly how I feel right now but I'd add in a few more 2 man plays from Melo and STAT.

KingofNy

Starter
I mean we even did a good job on D-Rose...the fact that we got outrebounded by so much is sad.

Statue looked lost again on D and gave up 45+ points and 20 rebounds from his horrendous defense/rebounding. That's why we lost, F*ckin goof troop
(Stat) and Melo wanna be (J.R. Smith) turning the ball over and missing layups. Fire MDA!

smokes

Huge Member
Statue looked lost again on D and gave up 45+ points and 20 rebounds from his horrendous defense/rebounding. That's why we lost, F*ckin goof troop and Melo wanna be (J.R. Smith) turning the ball over and missing layups. Fire MDA!

I think any wannabe's would set their sights a little higher than Melo :lol:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is what happens when you trade for celebrity and cash. As of right now, yes, I wish we'd never traded for Melo. He's a farce. How can you say he's not with our record since obtaining him?

Where's Dolan throughout all this mess?

Me-lo, SHAT and Dolan: 3 multi millionaires without any base for boast.

NY's finest.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;218230 said:
This is what happens when you trade for celebrity and cash. As of right now, yes, I wish we'd never traded for Melo. He's a farce. How can you say he's not with our record since obtaining him?

Where's Dolan throughout all this mess?

Me-lo, SHAT and Dolan: 3 multi millionaires without any base for boast.

NY's finest.

Our record was somehow, inexplicably superior with Gallo (and Chandler), despite not having a center on our squad (ie Tyson), than post-Melo.

Tough to fathom. But pretty hilarious we had cats saying Melo was a superior player to Lebron and as good as Durant.

The Decline of Amare Buttermire is obvious a major component of the record situation, though.

Rookie
Stat last season play very good, i think this is for lockout + MELO. Brother dead also big lose for stat, and maybe no motivation for game? I dont want to blame stat for everything, i think bigger problem here is melo and super mega coach MDA:boohoo:

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
It's simply coaching as the key to failure or success.

Phil Jax needed a pool of big time talent, but he knew how to make their big egos follow his lead. Pop with the Spurs does it. There are few coaches in the league who can lead a group of different personalities towards a single goal.

So, first you need talent, and the Knicks have that.

Second, you need a coach who can turn that talent mix into a finished product.

D'antoni just does not have the skill to do that.

We need Phil Jax, JVG, or someone like that to finish the job here. They will not come without big time talent.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Lamelo is the most egoistic dick in NBA history. After he got blocked in the middle Q3 he stopped giving fukk about anything. Amare allowed too much points and offensive rebounds, Lin missed plenty of shots, but you can't accuse them of not giving heart. Lamelo started playing martyr right after Bulls defense told him to GTFO. Dude cares only about his numbers and paychecks.

red32

Benchwarmer
Statue looked lost again on D and gave up 45+ points and 20 rebounds from his horrendous defense/rebounding. That's why we lost, F*ckin goof troop
(Stat) and Melo wanna be (J.R. Smith) turning the ball over and missing layups. Fire MDA!

Stat is playing better - at least he's hitting now. Understand that he's still bad on defense.

CoolClyde

Stat last season play very good, i think this is for lockout + MELO. Brother dead also big lose for stat, and maybe no motivation for game? I dont want to blame stat for everything, i think bigger problem here is melo and super mega coach MDA:boohoo:

:agreed:i agree with everything you say! good english! congratulations to you!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LMAO, am I the only one who thinks that has to be that woman from Chinese media who asks weird and basketball unrelated questions during Knicks pressers? :teeth:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Rebounds have been a problem when JLin had like 15 rebounds and Amare and Carmelo combined didnt come close to his rebounds.

That 6000$ a game goes a long way vs the 500k + for the other 2 guys. Though to be fair landry fields and the rest need to do better on defense and rebounding. Bright spot was Novak was early on rebounding with energy and actually hustling and jumping.

iSaYughh

Starter
Rebounds have been a problem when JLin had like 15 rebounds and Amare and Carmelo combined didnt come close to his rebounds.

That 6000$ a game goes a long way vs the 500k + for the other 2 guys. Though to be fair landry fields and the rest need to do better on defense and rebounding. Bright spot was Novak was early on rebounding with energy and actually hustling and jumping.

True.

Plus, Novak actually created his own shit, 1 on 1, quite well a couple times last night. :2cents:

I have to believe there is just an excellent chance Amare is shot. It goes above and beyond any coach, system, teammates, PG.....He is getting feeds and plays in his sweet spot, and just not finishing. Bottom line.

His value used to be that of a true star, because he was the most dominant and efficient inside scorer in the NBA.

Losing his edge there, even modestly, is like kryptonite to his entire value.

I have to imagine the Knicks know for certain if this is the case. Or if something more transient is going on with him.

If it's the former, he should be traded aggressively ASAP -- even if all we get is the cap space back.

Even if Melo turns it around, and all our cylinders click, we are not winning a title anytime soon. MIA is just too well built, same for CHI and OKC.

You will not win a chip against well oiled beasts like that with a player showing the type of ineptitude STAT has, making max money.