Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "If the Knicks want Phil Jackson they can have him" - Stephen A Smith

Hybrid View

Default "If the Knicks want Phil Jackson they can have him" - Stephen A Smith

A caller called into the Stephen A show and asked about Phil Jax. Stephen said he KNOWS from multiple sources that Phil Jackson "wants to be here" and if the Knicks "Want" him they can have him.

#FireD'Antoni

Gogogoggogo!

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    A caller called into the Stephen A show and asked about Phil Jax. Stephen said he KNOWS from multiple sources that Phil Jackson "wants to be here" and if the Knicks "Want" him they can have him.

#FireD'Antoni
    If this is tru I will name my son after you..

Green rep comin your way sir.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    If this is tru I will name my son after you..

Green rep comin your way sir.
    KnicksWillRiseAgain is way to long...name him something whacky tho like Ronald or Pookie

He followed up on it by saying "Its up to Dolan. If Dolan wants him he can have him...But he has to want him.'

Dolan is a total dumbass but even i dont think hes dumb enough to pass of Phil Jax!

- My Zen doesn't come cheap

really though he probably will want some say in the personnel on the team similar to Adelman in Minnesota. I have a feeling its control more than money that is jamming this up.

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain

#FireD'Antoni
    Stephen A Smith talks spews more **** from his mouth than incarcerated bob.

Don't get hyped for no reason. This is a win - win situation for Smith if the Knicks get him, he says I told you so. If they don't, I told you its all Dolan's fault.

You really think Phil jackson had a conversation with this assdick and was like, "Hey Steve, don't tell anyone this, but I really want to coach for the Knicks before I retire"

Smith is just connecting rudimentary dots that any average fan could come up with.

Jackson played for the knicks
    Jackson isn't coaching
    + Knicks have 1 of the most talented teams in the league
    Phil Jackson wants to coach for Knicks

**** Stephen A. Smith a monkey on a typewriter could do his job

Wargames I could not agree more.

It's Phil ****ing Jackson. The man has won 11 titles as a coach. I would not take lightly his wife saying stuff like that, and I would not take lightly the fact he was drafted by the Knicks, played over a decade there, & was a fan favorite. His accomplishments as a coach are already ridiculous. But can you imagine the heights his legacy would reach if he were to return and win a title with the Knicks, a 3rd different team? His popularity in NYC and basketball circles everywhere would ****ing explode.

Plus he's "only" 66. I say only because plenty of coaches have still coached older than that. Jackson also claimed he was quitting coaching forever after the Bulls. Obviously that did not happen. If he wants to do it this would be an absolute no-brainer for the Knicks FO. A guy who has coached star talent to titles with two teams, a current team with star talent but struggling, a return to the team he started with.

I couldn't see him taking over mid season though, I think if it happened it'd probably have to be next season.
    Last edited by I Hate Joakim Noah; Mar 13, 2012 at 02:27.

Default Let's be completely honest here...

Our players do not have high enough basketball-IQ's to efficiently run the triangle.

The triangle is only as good as the weakest person on the team understands it. We have some dumb people on our team.

Lurker

Phill is the best coach for this crop of players we have. The triangle will be the best offense that will make our two big men Tyson and Amare feel comfortable in the the paint. Melo's passing game (sharp crisp) and iso moments will also get its place in the Triangle. I will only suggest we keep our defensive coach since Phill's defense philosophy can be shaky a times.

Originally Posted by Bishop*
    Phill is the best coach for this crop of players we have. The triangle will be the best offense that will make our two big men Tyson and Amare feel comfortable in the the paint. Melo's passing game (sharp crisp) and iso moments will also get its place in the Triangle. I will only suggest we keep our defensive coach since Phill's defense philosophy can be shaky a times.
    Amar'e would be atrocious in the triangle.

He doesn't protect the ball well, he doesn't operate with his back to the basket -- he faces up way too much, I don't think he's a good enough passer, he has atrocious foot work.

Sometimes it seems as if he's incapable of operating in traffic from a stand still position. He's better when he's attacking with pace, but that's not exactly the triangle offense.

Everyone else would fit well (Fields would have to improve that jump shot) but I'm not sure STAT would fit.

Y wont stat fit? When MJ retired first time, the ran the triangle through Pippen. And since stat is no horace grant (stat cant defend or rebound), why cant knicks have chandler play the role of grant, and have stat be the bill wennington knocking down elbow jumpers?

This is just a hypothetical of course, what Steven A Smith says holds no weight, mostly because he sounds like a ignorant idiot the way he talks.
    As someone mentioned, a monkey , while defecating, with a banana in one hand, a typewriter infront of him, can piece together better journalism than Smith the wanna b hood ignoramus.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Amar'e would be atrocious in the triangle.

He doesn't protect the ball well, he doesn't operate with his back to the basket -- he faces up way too much, I don't think he's a good enough passer, he has atrocious foot work.

Sometimes it seems as if he's incapable of operating in traffic from a stand still position. He's better when he's attacking with pace, but that's not exactly the triangle offense.

Everyone else would fit well (Fields would have to improve that jump shot) but I'm not sure STAT would fit.

SAS claim to know Basketball. He was one of the head cheerleaders to bring Melo to NYC. What a jokster. Melo got paid and we are left with a player that can't play team basketball.

Yesterday this moron put all the blame on Lin and Coach Mike D. Really? Before Lin arrived, what was the Knicks record? After he was hurt, what did the knicks do again? 9-1? The guy is a buffoon and should be treated as one.

And back to Melo. How can you be a superstar in this league if you can't finish around the rim. What good are you if you can't play defense and on offense can't finish. My gosh, did the Knicks the hosed.

you say to-mato , i say tom-ato , baffoon, monkey! its all the same . There should be a thread on how much we hate all these so called know it alls and experts. The only ones i respect are Clyde, Breen and Hahn, to some degree Tim Legler and the legendary but always under appreciated Hubie Brown. The Jon Barrys , Smiths, Barkleys, are like the blind leading the blind.

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    SAS claim to know Basketball. He was one of the head cheerleaders to bring Melo to NYC. What a jokster. Melo got paid and we are left with a player that can't play team basketball.

Yesterday this moron put all the blame on Lin and Coach Mike D. Really? Before Lin arrived, what was the Knicks record? After he was hurt, what did the knicks do again? 9-1? The guy is a buffoon and should be treated as one.

And back to Melo. How can you be a superstar in this league if you can't finish around the rim. What good are you if you can't play defense and on offense can't finish. My gosh, did the Knicks the hosed.