Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Remember All Those Worrying About Melo/Stat Returning Would Mess Up Chemistry?

  1. #16
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by kinein
    Last time I'm going to say this. We lost because of rebounds - Bulls had more than double our rebounds. Amare had 3 rebounds for the entire game. Melo was walking, standing, and watching instead of rebounding. The rest of the team also had issues rebounding including Landry Fields. Melo did show ability to hustle here and there but he wasn't able to sustain that level of focus and determination THROUGHOUT play.

    Taj Gibson off the Bench : had buckets of rebounds and points.
    Yes, but last game we lost because of something else, and the game before something else, and then Melo was shooting like crap and then STAT couldn't hit the side of a barn door and then Lin turned it over too much and then we lacked Tyson and then Jeffries and before all of that it was because we had no point guard.

    There's enough excuses to fill a warehouse with this team, but never have I seen such apathetic coaching go by unchallenged. I think anyone in any sport with this kind of record vs talent would be getting fired and MDA's time is over. Simple.

  2. #17
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by munco
    When Melo and Stat came back we started getting away from the pick n roll for some reason.

    I think Melo's game is off the iso. Even in Denver I remember they'd often run the same play we do which is basically iso Melo on one side of the floor and everyone else get on the other side of the court.

    While our offense hasn't looked very good, I don't think we run any less plays than the other teams in the league.

    As others have pointed out we're on a losing streak because our overall effort and defensive intensity is down. Tonight we lost because we didn't box guys out and Taj Gibson looked like Dennis Rodman out there.
    i agree 100% the defense intensity is down & i never expect it to be "high" because neither stat nor Melo are defensive players the front office knew this when we signed stat and when they traded for melo, but offensively you say melo's game is iso i agree it is iso, but do we really want melo Iso'in half the game and taking contested shots or do we want him getting free getting open shots off of "plays" when melo is open Lin rarely gives him the ball. Our offense is P&R and ISO. the P&R is not working teams are locking down the paint majority of our points come from bad ISO & LIN DRIVES. When Lin is having a hard time our Whole offense has a hard time because there are no Plays being made the ball is playing hot potato east and west until someone takes a bad shot or Lin throws the ball over to Melo because the pressure is starting to make him sweat and he gets scared to do anything with the ball.

    When your pg is taking more shots than your stars there is a issue there.

    Amare thrived last year because he played center and we surrounded him with shooters who can stretch the ball as far as the 3 point line. Melo is not some lethal 3 point shooter like Gallo was and Amare cant spread the floor to the 3 point position like Wilson chandler did. I think Dantoni is trying to mimic what he had with Felton and the former knicks squad we had where we move the ball around and try to play the p&r game, but thats just not Melo's game & when he misses these shots you scratch your head like how can he miss those. Melo is not a spot up shooter he is a iso player & has always been just that now your asking him to move the ball around and let Lin set him up and stripping him from his strengths, but when Lin fails to set him up he's in a situation where he has to take a bad shot.

    We need to either build a iso team around carmelo.

    or

    Build a MDA team which means SOMEBODY has to go.

    I really cant see us going anywhere far with both Melo&Stat they show flashes of making it work but not consistently enough to make any championship runs. they both need the ball in the same certain spots which makes it arguably easier to guard our offense. Chandler packing up the paint does not make it easier offensively and then you have fields who is a terrible outside shooter.

    We were on a winning streak when Amare & Melo were out not just because of the hustle but because it had the pre melo trade knicks feel where the ball moved around smoothly which favors Bumtoni's style. Like i said he is lost when Amare&Carmelo are on the floor at the same time.
    Add that with our stars not knowing how to play with Lin and you just create more issues as we see now on this losing streak.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Mar 13, 2012 at 10:24.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    18

    Thumbs up Real Talk....

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    The real problem is Dantoni's lack to run legit god dam plays, name me one Dantoni play you can put to memory minus Stat rolling up to the top taking 3 pointers at the end of ball games. You cant name one can you. we do the same crap on offense i myself can go out there and coach this team, and tell them space out, pass the ball around, and let my "superstars" have a clean iso when ever the offense takes a hit.

    Lin is basically a rookie and this guy is taking more shots than AMARE STOUDEMIRE. Instead of getting the ball in the hand of the hot hands he plays butt tag with Landry flippin Fields. Dantoni obviously gives this kid the Green light to do what ever the f*ck he wants. Like Stephen A smith said TEAMS KNOW HIS GAME NOW HE CAN ONLY GO RIGHT AND WHEN HE FAILS TO GO LEFT HE TURNS THE BALL OVER FALLS TO THE FLOOR LIKE A DRUNK OR STOPS HIS DRIBBLE AND PUTS OUR OFFENSE INTO A HOLE so where is the coaching adjustment. Im not going to blame this on Lin though it all comes down to coaching. DANTONI not knowing what the flippin hell he is doing he is a lost man & it looks like he has given up. Tell me have you ever seen Dantoni get up and call out a play?? how many times have you seen it? have you ever seen him try to motivate this team besides saying "lets go lets go" How many times have you seen it?

    Bring me Phil Jackson and insert this team into the triangle and i guarantee you we thrive. Hell bring me jeff van gundy, anybody but Dantoni.

    Carmelo sure you can blame him to.... but look what plays are being ran for carmelo? iso post ups? desperate 3's because Lin gets stuck sometimes? Some of you guys throw Melo under the bus because he misses a couple shots, he's not GOD he's not going to make everything he shoots get over it. Lin can turn the ball over 2020300 times and you will still give him the thumbs up, its unfair to blame "one person" for losses unless that person is Dantoni. Your kidding your self if you think Novak has a better chance at winning us a playoff series.

    & for all you who want stat gone wipe your eyes he's not going nowhere & nobody is touching his contract, i want him gone just as much as anybody on here but... reality is reality.

    OUR GAMEPLAN IS SO PREDICTABLE EVEN THE NETS EXPLOITED US.... Point your fingers at one man (DANTONI) NEVER AND I MEAN NEVERRRRRRRRRRR Have i seen Dantoni get in the ear of AMARE OR MELO about playing some defense NEVER & if you got footage of him doing so please feel free to post it.



    u hit the hammer right on the head....whether KO members want to accept the
    truth (there is no system or set plays) its on them, if someone wants to believe a
    3-ball shot is a design play when the game is not on the line....let them.
    If they havnt notice that Lin-Sanity put a stop to the team having the Green-Light
    to shoot 3-balls its on them....if they think Lin-Sanity was wrong for not passing
    the ball to Stat & Melo in the final 4 minutes of the Bulls game, then they need
    to count all the offensive-rebounds the Bulls grabbed 6 minutes before the final 4
    minutes of the game....they need to ask someone who job is it to help Tyson Chandler
    with the defensive-rebounds?

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by munco
    I agree amidst the death of Linsanity that people are solely focused on Lin's numbers and Melo's numbers and Amare's numbers.

    The biggest changes are the energy, chemistry and effort. You still see that when Chandler and the second unit played tonight. Those guys were hustling. With the current starting lineup it's more of a surprise when you see guys going to the floor or running back to stop a fast break. Under Linsanity it was the norm to hustle, now it seems to be the exception.

    With all that said I did think the effort tonight was better than it had him although not boxing out is unacceptable. You'd think Taj Gibson was the second coming of Dennis Rodman tonight the way he grabbed offensive boards tonight.

    1) we didnt pick or screen before Lin-Sanity, we was a greenlight 3-ball team
    2) Jared Jefferies brang all the energy & effort to get teammates to co-exist
    3) we dont have a 2nd unit, we have 3-new players added in the rotation
    4) a 2nd unit is 4 to 5 bench players in a lineup getting 6 to 8 minutes of straight
    playingtime in a quarter....our so-call 2nd unit has not had 90 minutes on the court in a lineup
    in 42 games.
    Call our so-call 2nd-unit what they are "BENCH-PLAYERS" with different minutes of
    playingtime each game.

    Our headcoach has been giving 34+ minutes of playingtime to our big-3 frontcourt
    players for 42 games....and the 3 bigmen players are lost on offense, and lost on
    defense to where we have made our oponents look like Dennis Rodman, Pippin, and Jordan...

  5. #20
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I agree. Watching that 7 game Lin streak was the most fun i've had watching the Knicks in over a decade and that is dead now. I don't even care I just don't want Melo here. I just don't like his game, even when its effective, which its not. He never really showed his game made teams all that much better anyway. Id say the time they went to the conference championships was more to do with Billups leadership than anything. If he was at a lower contract and we had someone else like Billups that could take over in clutch situations then I'd be fine with melo. But we don't. Melo's ego will never allow a guy like Lin to take over games at the end instead of him.

  6. #21
    Member Rioferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I agree. Watching that 7 game Lin streak was the most fun i've had watching the Knicks in over a decade and that is dead now. I don't even care I just don't want Melo here. I just don't like his game, even when its effective, which its not. He never really showed his game made teams all that much better anyway. Id say the time they went to the conference championships was more to do with Billups leadership than anything. If he was at a lower contract and we had someone else like Billups that could take over in clutch situations then I'd be fine with melo. But we don't. Melo's ego will never allow a guy like Lin to take over games at the end instead of him.
    I don't like melo's attitude as much as the next. But can't blame him for everything. Some of it has to go to Stat and MDA too.

    Whats obvious is our two superstars lacking ALOT of effort on a nightly basis but expect/demand the ball for 20+ shots whilst only hitting a low percentage of them. Melo especially with his outside shots and bad shot selection just kills the offense.

    Stat with his disappearing act on the boards and on the defensive end. MDA with his inability to coach anything resembling defence and reducing our offense to one on one basketball.

  7. #22
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I wonder what Donnie Walsh, who made all this happen, must be feeling?

  8. #23
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    I wonder what Donnie Walsh, who made all this happen, must be feeling?
    IMO something like: "the Knicks are toast and out of playoffs + Indy is doing ****ing great. Good job Donnie."

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Yes, but last game we lost because of something else, and the game before something else, and then Melo was shooting like crap and then STAT couldn't hit the side of a barn door and then Lin turned it over too much and then we lacked Tyson and then Jeffries and before all of that it was because we had no point guard.

    There's enough excuses to fill a warehouse with this team, but never have I seen such apathetic coaching go by unchallenged. I think anyone in any sport with this kind of record vs talent would be getting fired and MDA's time is over. Simple.

    The Knicks without Melo and Amare - average 90 pts allowed and scored 9+ pts then they do with Melo and Amare.
    * Its a lot of things true but I'll summarize it - and recommend you do what I did and obtain recordings of the last 15 games -re-watch them all and analyze : hustle, defense, rebounding, energy, oh and hustle. Melo and Amare are making 38$ million this year - they are secured with a lot more money over the next few years - and now that they've been outed, the knicks won't be able to trade them away. 1-dimensional players at an over-paid price. No one wants them. Though if you put Jeremy Lin on the market, he's insta-gone.


    Leadership and accountability. I think the Coach and team needs to make Chandler and Lin the leaders - I think those two have the best combination of maturity, heart, and work-ethic.



    How do you coach a player that doesn't even join the team huddles for coaching?



    Anthony appeared frustrated when the period ended and sat on the bench, rather than join the huddle.

    "I do that every game," he said.



    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by kinein; Mar 13, 2012 at 17:15.

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^ This is symptomatic of what's wrong with the culture of the NBA, too.

    D'antoni neither can nor has any inclination to go about changing that as one man.

    When a coach beefs hard with a star two things almost always happen:

    tensions increase
    the beef between player and team/city grows
    player is traded

    Let's just be real, in the NHL the behavior of Amare/Melo wouldn't happen, on any level.

    If it did, they would be told to sit their lazy ****ing asses down....by some combo of coach or OTHER players on team.

    And that would happen if they dogged but *one* play/rebound.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •