• Everyone gets the blame

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • sick of this team blow it up

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kinein

Benchwarmer
Entire team, though Amare with 3 boards.. and Carmelo's hustle hurt the team a lot. Shumpert doesn't need to go ISO and kill the clock, Carmelo and Shumpert slowed down our clicking offense a few times - JR Smith had some momentum busting turnovers and missed an easy lay-up. Harrelson was zero-sum. But for the most part the team had to rebound not just Amare not just Carmelo. But you expect more from guys earning millions and millions of dollars. Max cats. Landry needs to shoot several thousands 3pters and just defer to Lin or Melo or Novak or anyone else for the 3pter. He hasn't hit a 3pt in - I've never seen him hit one.... :O

Taj Gibson came off the bench for the Bulls and came up clutch with more then a dozen rebounds and shots to go with it.

BUT THIS IS A TURNING POINT. Knicks are finally over the hump - of identifying what they have to work on and starting to click.

D'antoni can't rebound for them. They have to rebound. 80+ bulls rebound to 30+ knicks in the early part of 4th quarter says it all. Anyone blaming D'antoni for this loss needs to do some soul searching.

Rookie
I'm sick of guys blaming 1 player this is a team thing from MDA to JJ

But this "one" player is key player. Remember Linsanity? How good knicks play, how fun, now knicks play very bad. What has changed during the month? One player

Paul1355

All Star
different coach with a real set of balls and someone who holds the players accountable will change this team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
But this "one" player is key player. Remember Linsanity? How good knicks play, how fun, now knicks play very bad. What has changed during the month? One player

To be honest this one player you speak of has had a very successful NBA career and now all of sudden he's cancer to be honest I hope they trade him because us Knicks fans don't deserve any good players look at what we do to our players its annoying as hell to be honest

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I dont understand why Jerome Jordan doesnt play, i mean he is 7 foot might as well play him he could grab boards and defend thats all he needs to do, D antoni is just a stupid mofo and plays Harrelson at center over Jerome Jordan which i bet Jerome can play so much better

mafra

Legend
?We?re in a dogfight,? Mike D?Antoni said. ?Should we worry about it? No, you shouldn't. I think everybody understands the stakes.?

"They have to know that it's disappointing to lose one like this, but they have to know we played better, they have to know that Wednesday we start to try to keep eighth place or better. After an hour you shake it off, shake it off and get one on Wednesday.?
So why did Mike D?Antoni call the Knicks? 104-99 defeat at the hands of the Chicago Bulls ?encouraging?? Because they had quit, at times, on themselves and their embattled coach during this losing streak, which stands now at six games. Here, at least, they didn?t throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble against the top team in the East and the league?s reigning MVP.

------------------------

Is it the system or the philosophy, the style or the attitude? Whatever it is, this coach is not working with this team & ultimately it's the HC's responsibility to make it work & he's utterly failed in that regard, almost from the get-go since he's arrived in NYC.

I realize the Knicks aren't as bad as they've looked during this 1-8 stretch, nor were they as good as they appeared when they rolled off a 9-1 stretch. Highs & Lows bros.

I realize Amare has disappointed this season. Is this b/c of the lockout & the fact he had the back issue, & he "rested" for months, or is this b/c he's on the decline. We wont know this until next season. But STAT is part of the problem.

I realize Carmelo plays like a chicken w/out a head at times on the court, that his body language is more spoiled brat than championship-caliber leader, & he plays defense like a Spanish matador for 3 quarters.

I do put the bulk of the blame on the feet of our two 100 mil$ players.

But, let's get honest & be real here. When we courted Amar'e, D'antoni wasn't thrilled about it. When we dealt for Carmelo, D'antoi wasn't thrilled about it. The forever-be-optimist facade is BS, & I think the players see that.

NYK is losing games b/c of mental toughness. They are afraid to fail (gutless). They cannot seem to mesh, hustle, care, try hard, be focused, close out games. THIS IS WHAT THE COACH IS SUPPOSED TO SOLVE!

(This is whey CHI & LAK brought it the Zen master himself).

Mainly, this group of Knicks refuse to GET ANGRY, get mean & nasty... be aggressive. This is a reflection on D'anotni.

DAL struggled in the middle of last season. Their coach preached defense & toughness, and eventually the team got their act together. This team is a mirror of that squad, but the missing ingredient is the message, style, philosophy of the coach.

On top of that, D'antoni's substitiution patterns, and late game managing is atrocious, and partle responsible for about 7 of our 24 losses This season.

I am sure of 2 things though:

1) This team will make the playoffs, be the 8th seed, and they will battle hard against MIA. If... and this a major if... I-F, they somehow manage to win that Game 1, they will gain confidence & mojo. Game 1 (or 2) will be close, & it will boil down to execution... If this team gains confidence in themselves and buy into winning, & believe they have the power to make that happen, then they will come home to MSG for Game 3, and have a chance to get series to a game 5 tied 2-2. Anything is possible. I doubt it, but MIA is shaky in the mental dep't as well, and if we shake their confidince & prevent the Heat from playing out in front (when they thrive on the bully-role), we could shock the world.

2) NO matter what happens, Phil jax will be coaching this team next year, and we all will witness what a diference a HC can make.

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Adelman vs Dantoni

Have u notice after 42 Knicks games our big-3 frontcourt have NO-chemistry....
in the last 6 losses 65% of those losses came from giving up to many offensive-rebounds
in the second-half of the game....we gave Knicks oponents 2nd & 3rd shot attempts
to win the game.

How long does it take to teach three-frontcourt players their number-one job is
to protect the paint by grabbing every defensive-rebound....a defensive-rebound
is also considered a "stop"....the Knicks 18-24 record is from no-stops in the 2nd half of
the game.

pat

Starter
is also considered a "stop"....the Knicks 18-24 record is from no-stops in the 2nd half of the game.

Do you think Adelman will dump the Wolves in order to coach the Knicks?

Kiyaman

Legend
Once again? Who is that coach?

Name anyone of the Knicks 3 assistant coaches....and that will be the Knicks
winning headcoach....Dantoni is on a ending contract.

Dantoni is to sturborn....Dantoni never listen to coach Gentry who swept the
Spurs coach Pop in a postseason series....so the Knicks 3 assistant coaches
are being patient.

CalBunny

Rookie
Have u notice after 42 Knicks games our big-3 frontcourt have NO-chemistry....
in the last 6 losses 65% of those losses came from giving up to many offensive-rebounds
in the second-half of the game....we gave Knicks oponents 2nd & 3rd shot attempts
to win the game.

is also considered a "stop"....the Knicks 18-24 record is from no-stops in the 2nd half of
the game.

You can't teach "heart and will". Our 2 superstars or bums (that's what i call them) have no heart. They want someone to do all the dirty work (hustle, blocks, steals, rebounds, DEFENSE!!!) and give them the ball to score. The Knicks should just sit them and let them watch how the game of basketball is play. At this time, i wouldn't be upset if they traded both of them for a sack of potato. :peace:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The Knicks have yet to beat a team with an above .500 record on the road this season. That includes all the time Melo and Amar'e missed, and the era of Linsanity.

Kinda puts things into perspective.

Lin wasn't on the team at the start of the season, then he got zero playing time until late January/early Feb. Melo missed time with injuries, STAT missed time for bereavement... The only common denominator for the entire season, has been MDA..

KingCharles34

All Star
I voted Amare just because i saw Melo had one more vote then him...

I dont know why people point the finger at Melo before Amare, both of them are garbage. At this point they both take away more from the team then they contribute, fukkin Novak is a better defender then Amerie and School bus Melo (That muhfukka moves more like a bus then a car) (So its School Bus Melo)

But If i had to rank the top 4 that deserve the most blame...in no order, here it is

Dolan
Antoni
Negative Stats
MarshMelo

Dolan is the #1 problem, after that its almost equal between the other 3

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I voted Amare just because i saw Melo had one more vote then him...

I dont know why people point the finger at Melo before Amare, both of them are garbage. At this point they both take away more from the team then they contribute, fukkin Novak is a better defender then Amerie and School bus Melo (That muhfukka moves more like a bus then a car) (So its School Bus Melo)

But If i had to rank the top 4 that deserve the most blame...in no order, here it is

Dolan
Antoni
Negative Stats
MarshMelo

Dolan is the #1 problem, after that its almost equal between the other 3

I have my list to fire just like yours but Melo has just been a complete disappointment to watch. He makes it worse every night, his constant nagging on the floor and his complaining for not getting the ball is just embarrassing, i swear its like when i was growing up in Brooklyn and there's always that F*ckin annoying kid who suck AS* and always demanded the ball, all I got to say to that attitude, is F*ck off the players are all adults and professionals you are just pathetic stop bitching and play some ball.