View Poll Results: Who's to blame for the losing

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carmelo

    5 12.20%
  • Dantoni

    21 51.22%
  • Amare

    3 7.32%
  • Lin

    2 4.88%
  • Toney Douglas

    0 0%
  • Everyone gets the blame

    6 14.63%
  • sick of this team blow it up

    4 9.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Who's Fault is it that the knicks are Losing

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Do you think Adelman will dump the Wolves in order to coach the Knicks?

    No I dont....but Adelman coaches to the player-talent he is given....which is the signs of a NBA headcoach.

  2. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Have u notice after 42 Knicks games our big-3 frontcourt have NO-chemistry....
    in the last 6 losses 65% of those losses came from giving up to many offensive-rebounds
    in the second-half of the game....we gave Knicks oponents 2nd & 3rd shot attempts
    to win the game.

    How long does it take to teach three-frontcourt players their number-one job is
    to protect the paint by grabbing every defensive-rebound....a defensive-rebound
    is also considered a "stop"....the Knicks 18-24 record is from no-stops in the 2nd half of
    the game.

    You can't teach "heart and will". Our 2 superstars or bums (that's what i call them) have no heart. They want someone to do all the dirty work (hustle, blocks, steals, rebounds, DEFENSE!!!) and give them the ball to score. The Knicks should just sit them and let them watch how the game of basketball is play. At this time, i wouldn't be upset if they traded both of them for a sack of potato.

  3. #18
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The Knicks have yet to beat a team with an above .500 record on the road this season. That includes all the time Melo and Amar'e missed, and the era of Linsanity.

    Kinda puts things into perspective.

    Lin wasn't on the team at the start of the season, then he got zero playing time until late January/early Feb. Melo missed time with injuries, STAT missed time for bereavement... The only common denominator for the entire season, has been MDA..

  4. #19
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I voted Amare just because i saw Melo had one more vote then him...

    I dont know why people point the finger at Melo before Amare, both of them are garbage. At this point they both take away more from the team then they contribute, ****in Novak is a better defender then Amerie and School bus Melo (That muh****a moves more like a bus then a car) (So its School Bus Melo)

    But If i had to rank the top 4 that deserve the most blame...in no order, here it is

    Dolan
    Antoni
    Negative Stats
    MarshMelo

    Dolan is the #1 problem, after that its almost equal between the other 3

  5. #20
    Member zshopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I voted Amare just because i saw Melo had one more vote then him...

    I dont know why people point the finger at Melo before Amare, both of them are garbage. At this point they both take away more from the team then they contribute, ****in Novak is a better defender then Amerie and School bus Melo (That muh****a moves more like a bus then a car) (So its School Bus Melo)

    But If i had to rank the top 4 that deserve the most blame...in no order, here it is

    Dolan
    Antoni
    Negative Stats
    MarshMelo

    Dolan is the #1 problem, after that its almost equal between the other 3
    I have my list to fire just like yours but Melo has just been a complete disappointment to watch. He makes it worse every night, his constant nagging on the floor and his complaining for not getting the ball is just embarrassing, i swear its like when i was growing up in Brooklyn and there's always that F*ckin annoying kid who suck AS* and always demanded the ball, all I got to say to that attitude, is F*ck off the players are all adults and professionals you are just pathetic stop bitching and play some ball.

  6. #21
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I'm sick of guys blaming 1 player this is a team thing from MDA to JJ
    If we're winning it's all "my boy Melo", if we're losing it's "a team thing". Who gave up in the middle of Q3 because his shots weren't falling and made us play 4 against 5? Lamelo. Who's been looking uninterested in playing lately? Lamelo. Who's been acting like a martyr? Lamelo. Who hasn't been joining huddles? Lamelo. Who's been destroying team chemistry? Lamelo.

    We were winning with MDA and without Amare and Carmelo.
    We were winning with MDA and Amare and without Carmelo.
    We are losing with MDA, Amare and Carmelo.

  7. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    If we're winning it's all "my boy Melo", if we're losing it's "a team thing". Who gave up in the middle of Q3 because his shots weren't falling and made us play 4 against 5? Lamelo. Who's been looking uninterested in playing lately? Lamelo. Who's been acting like a martyr? Lamelo. Who hasn't been joining huddles? Lamelo. Who's been destroying team chemistry? Lamelo.

    We were winning with MDA and without Amare and Carmelo.
    We were winning with MDA and Amare and without Carmelo.
    We are losing with MDA, Amare and Carmelo.
    yup. guys have to admit they can see melo, getting whiny toward teammates on courts, creating team division - and sitting out of team huddles.

    everyone sees that - if you have ever been on a team you know what carmelo is doing - hurts the team in many ways and has a long-lasting impact.

    he talks as if he is a leader but doesnt act like one or play like one. he doesn't actively support his teammates on the court compared to say Kobe. who is constantly man-hugging, double high-fiving, ass slapping etc his teammates

  8. #23
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by kinein
    yup. guys have to admit they can see melo, getting whiny toward teammates on courts, creating team division - and sitting out of team huddles.

    everyone sees that - if you have ever been on a team you know what carmelo is doing - hurts the team in many ways and has a long-lasting impact.

    he talks as if he is a leader but doesnt act like one or play like one. he doesn't actively support his teammates on the court compared to say Kobe. who is constantly man-hugging, double high-fiving, ass slapping etc his teammates


    Just saying...

    Kobe and MJ were as hard on their teammates as anyone.

    MJ once punched Steve Kerr, I believe it was, in the face in practice because he was frustrated with something.

    Bill Cartwright also threatened to break both of MJ's legs if he "ever spoke to him like that again."

    So let's not act like all the great players coddle their teammates.

    Plus you see Melo sitting on the bench talking with Lin, he was the one organizing the the team gatherings post game to say a few words during Linsanity.

    I've never heard a story from a current, or former teammate about how bad Melo is in the locker room.

    Can we keep our Melo rants to stuff that bears some actual weight?

    .....ass slaps dude?

  9. #24
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by czoneny
    Answer: REBOUNDING.
    we can still have rebounding and fail in some other area and not even think to address it during a game because Mike D is the worst with X's and O's and ingame adjustments...the worst i have ever seen

  10. #25
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by zshopa
    I have my list to fire just like yours but Melo has just been a complete disappointment to watch. He makes it worse every night, his constant nagging on the floor and his complaining for not getting the ball is just embarrassing, i swear its like when i was growing up in Brooklyn and there's always that F*ckin annoying kid who suck AS* and always demanded the ball, all I got to say to that attitude, is F*ck off the players are all adults and professionals you are just pathetic stop bitching and play some ball.
    I agree with all that but Amare being delusional, slow, hesitant, predictable, and lazy are just as bad as what i see from Melo in my opinion. Some posters on here (i dont know if your one of them, but im just saying in general) think that if we just traded Melo we could get by with Amarknee. I just think he's so overpriced, he brings nothing on defense. He hasnt even been as good on offense this year, he has some really bad rebounding nights. I believe they're both cancers to the team, along with Antoni. All 3 of them should be bought out right now if it was up to me, Dolans got the money to do it

  11. #26
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    some of you guys kill me. I know how Knick fans are, its all about the "what have you done for me lately" thats the reason you guys ride Lin's dick when he was doing good, thats the reason you rode D'antoni dick when he was hired, thats the reason you guys ****ted on Jefferies, and the reason you guys were on Amare's dick. Once things are good, you guys becoming idiots screaming championship team, screaming we are better than the heat, etc. Once things go bad, fck it, throw everyone under the bus. Now all of a sudden Carmelo Anthony is garbage? Stat is garbage?GTFOH. The knicks issue lies squarely on the coach.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Angry Lets get this right....

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    If we're winning it's all "my boy Melo", if we're losing it's "a team thing". Who gave up in the middle of Q3 because his shots weren't falling and made us play 4 against 5? Lamelo. Who's been looking uninterested in playing lately? Lamelo. Who's been acting like a martyr? Lamelo. Who hasn't been joining huddles? Lamelo. Who's been destroying team chemistry? Lamelo.

    We were winning with MDA and without Amare and Carmelo.
    We were winning with MDA and Amare and without Carmelo.
    We are losing with MDA, Amare and Carmelo.

    Lets fix this.....

    We were winning when MDA put Wilson Chandler in the starting lineup.
    We were winning when MDA rotation of players were 70% ending contracts.
    We are losing with MDA poor substitution of bench players....
    after 42 games, we still dont have a tandem, or trio, or quad of bench-player
    line-up that co-exist as a unit.
    Do we have a chemistry bench-lineup we used consistently this season? NO!
    Why? MDA 8 man rotation favored 3-ball shooters off the bench keeping the
    offense stagnate with no defensive plan or defensive setup to defend the paint
    or the defensive-rebound.

    Who should be our 6th, 7th, and 8th man off the bench each game to end the
    first quarter and 3rd quarter?
    Who should be our starters of the 2nd and 4th quarter?

    Our Bench players need familuarity with their teammate bench players
    by getting playingtime together

  13. #28
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Find it hard to blame STAT for lack of heart after losing his brother so suddenly. I remember the days before Melo came when STAT was beasting it. Hes got a second chance in my books for the time being.

    Everyone needs a long hard look in the mirror.

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    Find it hard to blame STAT for lack of heart after losing his brother so suddenly. I remember the days before Melo came when STAT was beasting it. Hes got a second chance in my books for the time being.

    Everyone needs a long hard look in the mirror.

    Stat just play bad defense. Melo on the other hand are a fat, lazy and heartless POS garbage.

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Who's fault? The coach.

    He would rather turn Lin into a Nash (it will never happen) then to play to the obvious strenghts he already has at his disposal. He has players he/I/we/everyone freaking knows will not fit his flawed system, but he still tries to make it work because he doesn't know how to coach talent. He only knows how to play BBall thru the pg position and can't even do that well because he was a scrub PG himself. What part of this is hard to understand?

    Some people here show they are scrubs, or know little about the game when they support this fake coach over real talent....especially when they become aware of these simple facts.

    I mean...Is people even watching the freaking games? As long as this unrespected coach stays the knicks and the fans will suffer. Has all this loosing over the years numbed our common sense? Or maybe some fans are just used to being a loser...I'm most certainly not.

Similar Threads

  1. Tyson Chandler & the Knicks Improved Defense
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2012, 12:05
  2. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  3. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 06:35
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. Sacramento Kings vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/2/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2008, 15:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •