In Order for Linsanity to Return, All the Knicks Need Is...........

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
......a mega-rebounder coming off the bench.

An Omer Asik or Ersan Ilyasova type of player.

The Knicks' biggest problem isn't the chemistry on offense (it's a big problem, but seems to be improving), the Knicks' biggest problem is second-chance points by the opposing team. The disparity is disgusting.

If we had better rebounding, merely as good as the other team, I think the Knicks could have won in Milwaukee and Chicago. The problems with Melo and Amare notwithstanding.

We just need to get someone to help assure just one shot on the defensive side.

What is getting lost in this whole losing streak/chemistry issue is Jeremy Lin's *defense*......... I mean, if I told someone he'd make Brandon Jennings shoot two air balls defending one-on-one in a game, and block Derrick Rose one-on-one, he'd tell me to get off the drugs...... His offense has a way to go, but his defense might already be close to tops for any point guard in the league. His steals per 48 minutes (3.00) would rank 7th in the entire league, and 4th amongst all NBA starting point guards, behind only Mike Conley, Ricky Rubio, and Chris Paul.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/steals/sort/avg48Steals

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
As someone posted on another thread (I'm paraphrasing):
MDA needed Stars, we brought stars.
MDA needed Defensive players, we brought them...

Now it's the rebounding?

IMO its the whole package. It's made of great pieces but the puzzle doesn't fit.
There are always going to be flaws in a BB team. But a smart, calm, confident coach would have maximized on our abilities while minimizing the risk of our faults.

The thing is, right now, MDA seems incapable of doing it.

I know rebounding is not a coaching decision, but implementing a defensive system that would minimize risks of 2nd chance points where people know what they need to do.
Knicks didn't look like they had a defensive plan except effort and intensity, and those two are good up to a point (in our case - the second half of games.)

Rookie

Now it's the rebounding?

You are right, MDA have everything to make this team best of the best. But, for one reason Knicks play like toronto craptors.

What you can do?
if you go to the arena use poster "fire MDA", or make regular use forum with signature "Fire MDA". Anyway, knicks GM need understund, all fans tired.

Paul1355

All Star

Now it's the rebounding?

IMO its the whole package. It's made of great pieces but the puzzle doesn't fit.
There are always going to be flaws in a BB team. But a smart, calm, confident coach would have maximized on our abilities while minimizing the risk of our faults.

The thing is, right now, MDA seems incapable of doing it.

I know rebounding is not a coaching decision, but implementing a defensive system that would minimize risks of 2nd chance points where people know what they need to do.
Knicks didn't look like they had a defensive plan except effort and intensity, and those two are good up to a point (in our case - the second half of games.)
well said

This team has all the players a coach can ask for.

All star talent

point guards that can distribute, shooters that can hit shots, players that can play tough defense, players that CAN rebound, players that want to take roles as leaders.

The problem is in X's and O's...adjustments during the games...not using players properly...not holding player accountable.... not yelling at players to perform simple fundamentals...not being a leader in the locker room like a coach should be.

CalBunny

Rookie
Get rid of the cancers (STATS and MELO) and we will start winning again. Maybe not Linsanity, but no way we should lost 6 games in a row and counting.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
well said

This team has all the players a coach can ask for.

All star talent

point guards that can distribute, shooters that can hit shots, players that can play tough defense, players that CAN rebound, players that want to take roles as leaders.

The problem is in X's and O's...adjustments during the games...not using players properly...not holding player accountable.... not yelling at players to perform simple fundamentals...not being a leader in the locker room like a coach should be.

Absolutely.

There's a reason why Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich won a combined 15 of the last 21 championships.

It's funny how people keep over looking MDA, because the media tells them that they have to hate STAT and Melo, and that it's a players league....but seriously....you need more than two hands to count how many rings TWO coaches won in the last 2 decades.

And it's a players' league?

Are we absolutely sure about that?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Linsanity was a figment of the media's imagination. Look since damnotini has been here, the knicks have lost games they were suppose to win, and every now and then beat teams they were not suppose to beat. And sprinkled in there have been stretches where you think things are going better than they actually are, despite the coach and crappy tutelage. The only way for the Knicks to strive, and for Jeremy Lin to get to be a success is to change coaches. I am not going to sh*t on Melo and Amare on the basis of them being the cause for the knicks woes. I will blame them for specific plays, effort and so on, but this team lacks focus, the coach is unable to provide a good play for the offense to run, and is unable to do do whats needed on the defensive end to win... you need to get rid of the coach.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Get rid of the cancers (STATS and MELO) and we will start winning again. Maybe not Linsanity, but no way we should lost 6 games in a row and counting.

STAT is not a cancer. The Knicks were playing great when he was there.

It's Melo that has been the problem. He and D'antoni just don't know how to make things work.

tbh, i don't want Linsanity to return, I'm happy with Lintensity. I rather have the Knicks return to the days of defensive tuffness and heart. I really like and respect Jeremy but I'm more concern with the team.... not one player that has gained fans who knows very little about him or the game he plays.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
For LinSanity to return?

1. Lin must adapt to being pressured.
2. Coach must get him help when trapped.
3. Lin must take charge like before and push himself past his mistakes.
4. Lin must tell Stat, Melo, etc. he is the floor leader, it's his game to run.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Lin has to stop deferring - stop thinking pass first.

Take his 10-12ft jumper-shots ~ paint driving is fine but taking bad shots once he stops his dribble is fail.

Take shots outside of the arc.

Maintain the PACE and Rhythm

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
mister-softeemire-1-1.jpg

Who needs defense when you can have ice cream.