Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anthony unhappy with Knicks coach

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You think if MDA played to Melo's strengths he'd go 8-21 from the field?
    Yes. A coach cannot force a player to perform poorly. Al Harrington and David Lee played well under Antoni's crappy system, and so did Stoudemire last year. Melo averaged 26 points on over 45% shooting under coach Antoni last season, and it was his first year playing under the Antoni system.

Excuses are for the weak. Melo's making 20 million dollars a year. He has to learn how to pass the ball and not settle for 3 pointers. Melo was great at driving to the basket and making mid-range jumpers AS A KNICK last year. So what happened THIS YEAR?

My theory is that JELLO just got past his prime faster than most players. It happened to Elton Brand, Baron Davis, Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady, and now the Puerto Rican Tembleque.

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Yes. A coach cannot force a player to perform poorly. Al Harrington and David Lee played well under Antoni's crappy system, and so did Stoudemire last year. Melo averaged 26 points on over 45% shooting under coach Antoni last season, and it was his first year playing under the Antoni system.

Excuses are for the weak. Melo's making 20 million dollars a year. He has to learn how to pass the ball and not settle for 3 pointers.
    +1

I was saying this since the mo Amare was signed, too: wanna know what he needs to be "coached" on and do to not look like a defenseless matador stiff?

JUMP. Box out. Track the ball.

If you don't do those things as a NBA veteran "all star" making 20M a yr you re simply some combo of lazy, low IQ, gutless.

These guys are being treated like mentally disabled and handicapped schoolchildren by many here, with the amount of excuses and rationalizing.

Excuses are for the weak. Melo's making 20 million dollars a year. He has to learn how to pass the ball and not settle for 3 pointers. Melo was great at driving to the basket and making mid-range jumpers AS A KNICK last year. So what happened THIS YEAR?

My theory is that JELLO just got past his prime faster than most players. It happened to Elton Brand, Baron Davis, Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady, and now the Puerto Rican Tembleque.

You think if MDA drew up 5-10 post up plays for Melo a game he'd shoot more layups and less 3 pointers?

You think if MDAs offense wasnt so freelance Melo would do better?

I saw Fields jack up a 3 last night with about 2:00 remaining when we needed a score BADLY. Is this OK?

You think its OK for everyone on the team to shoot whenever they get ready to, but Melo shouldnt?

Melo shoot 43% for the Knicks from 3 point range last year. Now him shooing 3's is a problem in a wide open offense. LOL

CMon man...

Cool

That's because his teammate Chauncey Billups is a vet who has earned enough respect to supersede and overcome this limited, self-defeating approach.

Melo knows how to pass, better than Amare I might add. The easy answer is Melo all-of-a-sudden forgot how to play.

The logical answer when given an opportunity to watch for yourself is a system that a) relies on a specific player (PG) to be the catalyst and set everyone up resulting in b) poor continuity, too many needless passes, increased turnovers, inability to showcase a player = Melo not fitting w a guard like Lin who withered under pressure, doesn't command respect, doesn't play D, and turns the ball over without consistently setting players up.

Right.

That's too implausible to begin with. Ask youself... Would Melo look like this and have those stats on LA? Or in BOS instead of Pierce? Nope.

Wrong System. Move on.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Melo shoot 43% for the Knicks from 3 point range last year. Now him shooing 3's is a problem in a wide open offense. LOL

CMon man...
    You just proved my point. Anthony played well last year, under Antoni, so it's obvious that there's more than coaching to why he isn't playing well.

Had Antoni been the reason why Melo was struggling, he would have averaged the same horrible numbers last year that he's putting up this year.

Originally Posted by Red
    That's because his teammate Chauncey Billups is a vet who has earned enough respect to supersede and overcome this limited, self-defeating approach.

Melo knows how to pass, better than Amare I might add. The easy answer is Melo all-of-a-sudden forgot how to play.

The logical answer when given an opportunity to watch for yourself is a system that a) relies on a specific player (PG) to be the catalyst and set everyone up resulting in b) poor continuity, too many needless passes, increased turnovers, inability to showcase a player = Melo not fitting w a guard like Lin who withered under pressure, doesn't command respect, doesn't play D, and turns the ball over without consistently setting players up.

Right.

That's too implausible to begin with. Ask youself... Would Melo look like this and have those stats on LA? Or in BOS instead of Pierce? Nope.

Wrong System. Move on.
    Melo can pass better than Amar'e? Big deal. Melo also jacks up over 18 shots per game.

Carmelo Anthony wouldn't look like this on the Lakers, because Kobe would throw him off the team if he tried jacking up over 18 shots per game.

I think you don't understand what I am saying. Obviously Antoni sucks and his system is trash. Everyone on my poll agrees with that.

My point is that Anthony played well under Antoni last year and sucked this year. Having Billups is not really the answer, because Jeremy Lin is a pass first point guard, too.

Veteran

What FUCCKING SYSTEM are u guys talking about....
    a street-ball spread-out wide so I can go one on one system or the greenlight
    to shoot 3-balls system for 48 minutes, 82 games a season, for 4 seasons....
    Either u guys never played basketball or u guys are receiving a 6 figure check like
    Breen, Clyde, Tripuka, ect.

A system comes with DEFENSE too....
    for 3 straight seasons oponents scored at will in the paint....90% of the 24 losses
    this season comes from giving 2nd and 3rd chance shots....do u call that a defensive-
    system or a poor defense and poor rebounding team...
    Did any of u forget why Dantoni was KICKED out of Phoenix???

This might be true, Melo is not an easy guy to deal with, espcaially if you are losing and the coach is a wuss.

Mike D needs to go. I see Melo talk more with Mike Woodson than he does with Mike D.

Woodson should have these guys playing better basketball than this clown.

Veteran

OH Yeah....I'm the Knicks Fan who didnt want to give up Wilson Chandler for Melo....
    I wanted to keep David Lee or trade Allstar-Lee for a high scoring SG-Monta Ellis.

Now that we have Melo we have to work with Melo at complimenting our guards, so our
    guards co-exist with Melo....putting down our guards early in the season only lead to
    this 18-24 record.

You just proved my point. Anthony played well last year, under Antoni, so it's obvious that there's more than coaching to why he isn't playing well.
    Right On my friend. He has a D-leaguer running the point. Lin rather pass to his buddy Fields than to our star players.

Great work in this thread. Time to buy out FatMelo

Atari's another bum thats past his prime, its unfortunate that we the fans have to suffer while these bums are gettin paid millions. Carjello has turned into the Burger King while Atari has become a fashion queen

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Right On my friend. He has a D-leaguer running the point. Lin rather pass to his buddy Fields than to our star players.
    Since when do D-League players drop 38 on Kobe and average 15 points and 6.4 assists for the season?

Jeremy Lin is a sophomore. The Knicks have won more with a sophomore leading the way than with an 8 year veteran(JELLO).

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Great work in this thread. Time to buy out FatMelo

Atari's another bum thats past his prime, its unfortunate that we the fans have to suffer while these bums are gettin paid millions. Carjello has turned into the Burger King while Atari has become a fashion queen

I tried to give SHAT(Standing Humiliated And Talentless) and Carjello(jiggly and washed up) the benefit of the doubt, but they proved me wrong.

I can understand if the Knicks lose games with Antoni coaching, but that should not effect the production of your max players.

Even Al Harrington and David Lee maintained solid numbers in this crappy run and chuck style offense.

Melo's slump is starting to concern me. I don't think we can blame MDA for Melo's poor showing this season. How is MDA's system stopping Melo from being the scorer he was? And how is our PG's play selections negatively impacting Melo's rhythm?

This is just effing basketball. It's not rocket science. You run. You jump. You put ball in the basket and you stop the bad guys from putting ball in their basket. You don't need a Harvard degree to figure that out.

So don't blame the system for your sub-par production, Melo.

Veteran

If we all agree Melo is past his prime if you could pull off a trade of Stat/Melo for Howard/Turk do you do it ?

simple Yes or No.............

Obviously then u need tp move Chandler.....

I tried to give SHAT(Standing Humiliated And Talentless) and Carjello(jiggly and washed up) the benefit of the doubt, but they proved me wrong.

I can understand if the Knicks lose games with Antoni coaching, but that should not effect the production of your max players.

Even Al Harrington and David Lee maintained solid numbers in this crappy run and chuck style offense.
    I feel the same way. Sadly we'd be a better team if we still had Lee, Harrington, Gallo, Chandler, and even Mozgov would be nice to have as another backup for Tyson Chandler. But all the players we gave up to get Jello and Stouderetire would be great complementary players alongside Tyson Chandler and Lin