Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Too many Carmelo threads

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Too many Carmelo threads

    Can we just merge all the thread related to Melo or all the threads related to D'Antoni into one?

    Sticky an "Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread" or a "Mike D'Antoni" discussion thread. Just do this for Lin, Chandler, Amare, Fields, etc. Any thoughts you got on those can be shared on those threads. This what I requested from a while ago, just would look like to see some order in the forum.


    People are turning replies into threads and its making the forum look psychotic .

    Just a suggestion.

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Can we just merge all the thread related to Melo or all the threads related to D'Antoni into one?

    Sticky an "Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread" or a "Mike D'Antoni" discussion thread. Just do this for Lin, Chandler, Amare, Fields, etc. Any thoughts you got on those can be shared on those threads. This what I requested from a while ago, just would look like to see some order in the forum.


    People are turning replies into threads and its making the forum look psychotic .

    Just a suggestion.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Co-Sign.

    Need to get RJ to read this and respond.

    Forum is looking as hormonal and bitchy as a preggo woman these days w/ these thread outbursts.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,015
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Unfortunately I haven't had my laptop since Thursday so I can only get on here on my phone and school. Having no internet makes me weak and it sent him into a spiral of depression. Once I get my laptop back from getting a free tune-up (or telling them to give me it back because I can't take it anymore) I'll keep things in better order.

  5. #5
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you RJ We appreciate it.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,015
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Alright I got my computer back. There's been a lot going on here obviously, so I'll get back to work after sleep.

  7. #7
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    The problem is deciding what deserves its own thread. Obviously when breaking news happens you don't wanna have to hunt through a 50 page thread trying to find the latest info.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,015
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    The problem is deciding what deserves its own thread. Obviously when breaking news happens you don't wanna have to hunt through a 50 page thread trying to find the latest info.
    Oh yeah definitely. I might not even merge the Melo threads unless I see identical ones since things might cool off with the D'Antoni/new head coach thing.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I'm happy that this team has finally got to the other side of this maturation process. Two words have been key in my commentary - Leadership & Accountability.

    I thought Carmelo showed leadership by moving the ball, passing, hustling and rebounding.

    I'm glad he asked Coach Woodson to hold him accountable.

    I have hoped that he would address deficiencies I've noted over the last brutal stretch and now the Knicks are back to being a top threat in the playoffs.

    This team seems to have bought in to the basics. Now its the recovery period from the shock of losing a coach they admired and respected.

    Most of the team really respected and cared about D'antoni and its tough to see it impacting some of them. The win helps the transition. Huge momentum to start. What a way to set the tone for a team starting to click.

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by kinein
    I'm happy that this team has finally got to the other side of this maturation process. Two words have been key in my commentary - Leadership & Accountability.

    I thought Carmelo showed leadership by moving the ball, passing, hustling and rebounding.

    I'm glad he asked Coach Woodson to hold him accountable.

    I have hoped that he would address deficiencies I've noted over the last brutal stretch and now the Knicks are back to being a top threat in the playoffs.

    This team seems to have bought in to the basics. Now its the recovery period from the shock of losing a coach they admired and respected.

    Most of the team really respected and cared about D'antoni and its tough to see it impacting some of them. The win helps the transition. Huge momentum to start. What a way to set the tone for a team starting to click.
    If Melo can give us 5 assist a night, 7 + rebounds, solid defense and just 18-20 ppg...I'd be fine with him being an all around player rather than a one dimensional score only player.

    Melo's scoring isn't needed that deeply, Shumpert, Smith, Novak, Lin, Stoudimire can all score, and Chandler and Fields are average...Melo's versatility can make such a difference.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,015
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    So is there anything you guys want me to merge or anything? I'm gonna need your help since I'm pretty behind.

  12. #12
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Please don't get me wrong. I'm very glad that the Knicks won last
    night. And, that's the bottom line. However, I have to admit that
    I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Lin (Okay, that's the
    woman in me speaking! hee-hee-hee)

    I realize that Carmelo had a good game last night, but his turn around
    left me kind of suspicious. It is my belief that he has been (either
    unconsciously or purposely) withholding because of his lack of respect
    for D'Antoni, or knowing that the D'Antoni never wanted him in the
    first place from what I've read. And/or, Carmelo's feeling of jealousy for Lin.

    AND, I admit that none of this will matter if the Knicks continue to win
    games. BUT.......if my speculation IS justified, which I will never know, I can never respect Anthony.

  13. #13
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Melo is ready to unleash

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 387
    Last Post: Apr 08, 2013, 23:32
  2. OFFICIAL support Carmelo Anthony thread! #TeamMelo or GTFO
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2012, 20:46
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 22, 2012, 11:47
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2011, 11:27
  5. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •