Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Leaders taking shots at each other.

Default Knicks Leaders taking shots at each other.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Amare

"Joking around has to stop at some point," the Knicks power forward said. "Especially at a time when we're the eighth seed and not playing well. The time is now. There's no time for fun and games."

Melo

"I don't know," Anthony said, joking around. "I saw one of the college teams was having a drill where they was throwing the ball out of bounds, jumping off the court and diving on the floor. So maybe we should start doing that."

Melo

"When we're losing games by minor things -- which is major things, offensive rebounds, second-chance shots -- that gives the other team momentum and the chance to run another play or score a basket," Anthony said, catching himself. "Maybe I should grab another rebound. Or dive on the floor. Something."

It wont be long before players start choking each other out in practice.

Since when are Amar'e and Melo leaders?

actions louder than words

lead by example, then people will believe your word

So what you are saying is that the two team p|_|ssies are being just that? Of course they are, no one is praising them for their work ethic, if they don't have wins handed to them, then clearly it's not their fault.

**** those two, seriously. People pay hard earned money to see the knicks play, especially with the outrageous prices that the Garden is squeezing out of them. For what? To see these "centerpieces" put in what they call effort?

I rather take Melo diving on the ****ing floor than walking down the court ON A FASTBREAK. He is a mother****er.

This was a real slap in the face for fans, at least act like you give a ****, AT LEAST. Stop your ****ing bitching, and maybe give a little jog to get to your spot on offense. There's plenty of guys on the bench that would love a shot at putting up a good effort. Do me a favor D'Antoni, peel this mother****ers muffin cap back and bench him.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Since when are Amar'e and Melo leaders?
    Exactly. This team has no leader.

It's not about talent. It's about accountability.

take it out of context, much?

Jeffries is a better leader than these fools

Veteran

Tired of the TALK. WALK the WALK.

wow melo's words are a lot more pinpointed at Amare than what Amare is saying about Melo..... Methinks that a Melo/or Amare Trade is on the horizon. If the Knicks get Phil Jackson its Amare obviously. If not Phil Jackson as the HC it can be either one.

Recently In the Philly post game:

Reporter: Mike mentioned that he didn't feel like his message was resonating. You've been with him for a long time. What worries you the most about that?

Stat: Yeah, I mean, he gives us a game plan every game, offensively and defensively. And we all, all of us, every single player, has to buy into it and give the coach a chance for his strategy to work... if we don't then... we see what happens.

Carmelo Anthony had little interaction with his teammates during Monday night's 104-99 loss to Chicago, raising questions about Anthony's ability to fit in with his teammates.

Anthony was visibly upset when he didn't like a shot a teammate took and when he didn't get the ball on a post-up late in the game. He also sat on the bench by himself while the Knicks huddled between the third and fourth quarters.

* It has been pointed out that Landry Fields did not pass him the ball and rejected ANTHONY - because that was not the PLAY. Anthony was trying to call his OWN PLAY on the fly.
    * It has been noted that Lin has also REFUSED to pass the ball to ANTHONY when he has gone AGAINST the play. Anthony REFUSES to adhere to OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE coaching plans given by D'antoni and other coaches.

After the game, Anthony said he always sits out of the huddle and expressed frustration with the Bulls "outhustling us, outworking us." The Knicks, who play the Blazers Wednesday night at the Garden, were outrebounded 22-9 on the offensive glass.
    * I find it ironic that I think Anthony is one of the KEY people guilty of being out-hustled and out-worked.

No one on the Knicks was blaming Anthony for the team's recent struggles. But one Knicks player who did not want to be identified shook his head in disgust when asked about Anthony not being a part of the team huddle and acknowledged that things in the locker room are getting bad.

It is starting to get worse. Carmelo is NOT a leader.

When interviewed in Chicago by local press on why he wasn't in the huddles during time-outs.

He stated: I always sit out of the huddles.

The Knicks have assembled a talented and deep roster, but many of the players are offensive-minded and need the ball to succeed. There has been plenty of talk lately about players needing to sacrifice and buy in for the Knicks to be successful. "I don't think it matters what five guys you put out there," Tyson Chandler said after Monday night's loss. "The five guys you put out there have to play hard on both ends. That's what it's going to take."
    When Chandler was asked if there were guys not doing that, he responded, "I'm not going to get into that."
    I noticed Chandler's response to - all of us actually breaking out the video and doing in-depth analysis, and replaying plays are seeing the same things. If your interested. I suggest you as well obtain copies of the games and do some in-depth study.

Anthony was asked if he could have done anything differently.
    "Go out there and try and give it my all," Anthony said. "Give a little more effort."

I've been saying this for a while now. That is all I want, once Anthony buys in - starts being a TEAMMATE ( lets not get ahead of ourselves, he doesn't deserve a leader role or any form of captaincy ). The ship will be righted. For a few seconds he showed some accountability at least. I mean for 260,000$ + for 30-40minutes of your time. I expect you to at least be a mature adult and take responsibility for your own role.

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    Recently In the Philly post game:

Reporter: Mike mentioned that he didn't feel like his message was resonating. You've been with him for a long time. What worries you the most about that?

Stat: Yeah, I mean, he gives us a game plan every game, offensively and defensively. And we all, all of us, every single player, has to buy into it and give the coach a chance for his strategy to work... if we don't then... we see what happens.
    It's a travest this post and the one after have not gotten more play.

These *statements*, facts, and logical liklihoods expose reality.

I think you are being far too generous about Melo at this point: he needs to go, he needs to go ASAP. He is a cancer, if there is a shred of validity here.

Is it any wonder his relationship with Karl was so disintegrated? On the team who had drafted him and he had spent his whole career with no less.

This guy lobbied like Machiavelli to come here. We sacrificed big assets, *and* a winning approach -- we had exceeded expectations as a team leading up to that trade.

In the NBA, like a relationship, either you are moving forward together or you are going backwards. No in between. You are tearing down to be able to build and move forward; or you are moving forward to get to the finish line (champion-caliber contention).

Stat will never be a leader until he starts playing defense and rebounding. Melo is Melo.

Originally Posted by sligoker
    Stat will never be a leader until he starts playing defense and rebounding. Melo is Melo.
    He also talks too much. He's been bragging since he signed in NY but his talk usually doesn't turn into deeds.

Veteran

Another clear sign that the coach has lost the little control he had to begin with. I think he will be cut real soon because the circus was not suppose to be in town no time soon. Those are not elephants stinking up the Garden....