Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks Leaders taking shots at each other.

STAT had 3 rebounds in the last game! Mind you this was a game where we got mauled on the boards. This has been the 3rd time (as far as I know) where he says guys need to follow the gameplan or work harder or whatever.

After the performance he turned in, he should have been speaking solely about improving on the rebounds and feeling a sense of shame that he only gave his team 3 rebounds.

What I wanted to hear from STAT was something like: I take a lot of responsibility for this game. I really need to rebound better out there and take some pressure off of Tyson to do it all.

You don't play like **** and then drag your teammates with you. That digusts me. Be a leader and admit that YOU need to put more effort on the boards!

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    STAT had 3 rebounds in the last game! Mind you this was a game where we got mauled on the boards. This has been the 3rd time (as far as I know) where he says guys need to follow the gameplan or work harder or whatever.

After the performance he turned in, he should have been speaking solely about improving on the rebounds and feeling a sense of shame that he only gave his team 3 rebounds.

What I wanted to hear from STAT was something like: I take a lot of responsibility for this game. I really need to rebound better out there and take some pressure off of Tyson to do it all.

You don't play like **** and then drag your teammates with you. That digusts me. Be a leader and admit that YOU need to put more effort on the boards!
    Oh please.

All you're gonna get from STAT is the media 101 "we need to come together, myself and the entire team...you know....and focus on that one goal" or some ****.

Then next game he goes out there and has 9 points and 5 rebounds, while the masses prepare to open up the gates of hell and shove Melo in.

Veteran

Can't disagree with this.

His rebounding and defense isn't just bad...it's reprehensible. This is why i was one of the few who *didnt* want us to sign him, and while I never thought Bosh was some reincarnation of Ewing, I wanted him over Amare.

But he's still being truthful about Melo. Even if it makes him a hypocrite.

One thing too nobody really talks about, but could be a factor: this is a golden age of the NBA, the talent level and pool is just insane.

The bar has been raised.

So we look at Amare and Melo...and we see really talented players..."stars"....and thus expect it to be some given that it makes us contenders, because for a long time (and until very recently) if you had a couple legit all stars and some other good players it almost automatically made you legit by sheer talent alone.

Not sure this is the case anymore, in any way.

It's like college degrees -- up until the past couple years, people went to college, got a 4yr degree, and it was supposed to be a given it'd equate to a job.

Well, the relative worth of a degree (without it being a specific type of degree) has plummeted, and doesn't mean nearly so much in the real world anymore; i'd argue this as a comparison that simply having a "star" (without it being a specific type or quality of star) doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Can't disagree with this.

His rebounding and defense isn't just bad...it's reprehensible. This is why i was one of the few who *didnt* want us to sign him, and while I never thought Bosh was some reincarnation of Ewing, I wanted him over Amare.

But he's still being truthful about Melo. Even if it makes him a hypocrite.

One thing too nobody really talks about, but could be a factor: this is a golden age of the NBA, the talent level and pool is just insane.

The bar has been raised.

So we look at Amare and Melo...and we see really talented players..."stars"....and thus expect it to be some given that it makes us contenders, because for a long time (and until very recently) if you had a couple legit all stars and some other good players it almost automatically made you legit by sheer talent alone.

Not sure this is the case anymore, in any way.

It's like college degrees -- up until the past couple years, people went to college, got a 4yr degree, and it was supposed to be a given it'd equate to a job.

Well, the relative worth of a degree (without it being a specific type of degree) has plummeted, and doesn't mean nearly so much in the real world anymore; i'd argue this as a comparison that simply having a "star" (without it being a specific type or quality of star) doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to.
    Ok i'll give you that, but who's honestly having a worse year between Melo and Amare?

Ok i'll give you that, but who's honestly having a worse year between Melo and Amare?

They are both stinking it up when compared to last year. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

No sin is greater then another.

And some other catch phrase crap.

They both are sucking big time this year.

Where is my AGREE stamp. Damn nice post!

I wish players that made 10-20x more money than their teammates would act like leaders & hold themselves accountable.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Oh please.

All you're gonna get from STAT is the media 101 "we need to come together, myself and the entire team...you know....and focus on that one goal" or some ****.

Then next game he goes out there and has 9 points and 5 rebounds, while the masses prepare to open up the gates of hell and shove Melo in.
    Lol. this was hilarious.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Oh please.

+1

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I feel like people are desperate to just make a thread that really has no substance at all.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I feel like people are desperate to just make a thread that really has no substance at all.

A lot of truth said in those 3 little quotes. Think of it like reading Shakespeare. You gotta sit down and analyze the destruction thats occuring. LoL

Seriously though if you cant see a team in locker room turmoil from these quotes then more power to you. Obviously you still believe we are gonna win 30 something games straight all the way to the finals.