One thing about Bron & Wade

They hustle 100% of the time when they're out on the court. I reckon most superstars do this.

I watched Melo last night standing right next to an opposing player at half court, he takes off and Melo is jogging behind him. NO EFFORT. I watched STAT not even jump for a rebound late in the game and the other team scores, thwarting an attempted comeback. NO EFFORT.

What separates superstars from the rest is talent. ALONG WITH DRIVE, INTENSITY AND EFFORT. Although Melo and STAT have talent, they are severely lacking in the other things.

They're playing the game SOFT...

Sage

Rotation player
They hustle 100% of the time when they're out on the court. I reckon most superstars do this.

I watched Melo last night standing right next to an opposing player at half court, he takes off and Melo is jogging behind him. NO EFFORT. I watched STAT not even jump for a rebound late in the game and the other team scores, thwarting an attempted comeback. NO EFFORT.

What separates superstars from the rest is talent. ALONG WITH DRIVE, INTENSITY AND EFFORT. Although Melo and STAT have talent, they are severely lacking in the other things.

Can't argue with that.

knicksin60

Starter
The difference between Wade/Bron and Amar'e/Melo is the former cares more about winning titles while the latter cares more about making money.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Shooting 40% can be look pass if you play your ass off to help the team. Rebound, block, steal, hand in the face etc. Melo does nothing!!! Please take out the trash before the trading deadline.

KingCharles34

All Star
Co-Sign this thread to the fullest

Those 2 work their asses off on defense, yea Lebron cant close out games for sh*t but i dont question his desire to win. He took less money to play with the Heat, our stars are very lazy on defense. They used to be great on offense, now their not even good compared to where they were last year or especially 2 years ago at this time.

Kiyaman

Legend
The difference between Wade/Bron and Amar'e/Melo is the former cares more about winning titles while the latter cares more about making money.

The above is so true :agreed: however, NBA expectation already have the Miaimi Heat
Big-3 winning the 2011-12 Championship title....they have been the top team to beat
for 2 seasons.

$$$ players "Stat & Melo" know they have to go to the FINALS within the next 4
seasons with the signing of Tyson Chandler. But it wont be with a clueless-Dantoni.
Phil Jackson is to old for the traveling....but a headcoach with Jax type of
personality/wisdom (Pop, Sloan, Carlisle, Scott) would have Melo, Stat, and
Tyson fighting hard in the 7th game of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2012-13 season.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Unfortunately not everyone has the drive to excel in his profession. It takes a lot of discipline and sacrifice. We have to deal with the reality that neither Melo nor Stat has that kind of personality to maximize his potentials. They will forever be underachievers.

kinein

Benchwarmer

THANK YOU. This is what I've been WATCHING CONSTANTLY.

Did you see early in the 1st quarter where the rebound falls toward Melo - but because he isn't hustling. I think it was Boozer? HE sprints from UNDER THE HOOP - to where Melo is just STANDING. And takes the rebound.

This happened SO MUCH.

I noted this passionately when Eliysova (bucks) did this twice --- sooo clutch --- against us in the 4th.

Talent without Effort Syndrome.

Those huge SALARIES - no pressure to perform. Win or Lose - Max Cats - RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIICHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FILTHY.

I have no problem with talented individuals making money - but not performing up to their compensation? As they are now - I don't even consider them leaders based on their actions. Despite whatever they may say - actions speak louder than words.

* I'm going to be watching today's game to see if Melo and Amare have glue stuck to their feet. Some slo-mo walking. Ripple effect, Melo ends up fouling stupidly when he gets caught slacking off. Scouting reports from other teams note this.

* This thread should be stickied - this is key and ruins the momentum and energy of the team - you know this is affecting the other teammates and Tyson Chandler. The guys fighting it out wearing a freaking cast and still plays with incredible pain - CATCHES passes in the air for DUNKS. And.. the very next play there goes Melo walking down the court. Watching Taj Gibson snag another rebound - or telling someone else to cover his man. Don't get me wrong. Here and there you suddenly see Melo's ability-to-hustle. HE CAN HUSTLE. SEEN it ONCE A GAME. LOL.

What annoys me is only when he wants to - he gets very pissy early on, turns into a problem-child.

Last edited:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Co-Sign this thread to the fullest

Those 2 work their asses off on defense, yea Lebron cant close out games for sh*t but i dont question his desire to win. He took less money to play with the Heat, our stars are very lazy on defense. They used to be great on offense, now their not even good compared to where they were last year or especially 2 years ago at this time.

My suggestion : Watch the recent Pacers vs Heat game - compare the self-lessness and sacrifice and teamwork. I can see the Knicks surpassing the Heat. But they have to all commit and work on chemistry and fixing deficiencies. Right now its rebounding and hustle.

mafra

Legend
Same with Kobe (and MJ), and even a Dirk and most of the greats. They not only want to be great on both ends of the court, but for 82 games & 4 quarters.

Carmelo & Amar'e are like football players. They play only offense. It makes you sick.

They hardly even try.

They're bad at it.

All that jazz.

At least Carmelo can pass, catch, & rebound some though.

Stoudemire is almost a complete waste of space msot often. Hardly rebounds, can't catch, heck I saw him swat a ball out of bounds, for no reason when the ball was clearly missing rim (and he could have caught the ball). Block the ball to a teammate yo! Steal the possession.

Amar'e cares more, but is way more limited on offense.

I give Amar'e a pass on this season. I don't think it's a sign he's in decline. I think he had a rash of injuries & health issues after last season. I think he took the entire lockout to rest his body, got fat and is playing hmself back into shape. I believe he will return next season and be explosive again.

We'll see.

Anyway, I will reserve judgement until after the seaosn. Let's see what happens first.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
THIS IS THE THREAD!!!!
Every point is as true as a Allan Houston jumper!
You should never,ever have to question a true competitor's desire or effort. You see the f***in hunger in wade/lebron, you see the passion, the intensity with which they win AND lose!
THEY CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiggle

Starter
they also have a very credible management and more loyal fan base. even with the garbage New Yorkers living in Florida coming to game Heat fans will outchant them

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
quiggle STFU!
1/3 of your arena is empty, 1/3 is filled with the other teams fans and 1/3 is people strolling in off the beach to get out the sun!
Talentwise you got the edge but no swag at all! Buncha factory made wanna be celebrities down there.

they also have a very credible management and more loyal fan base. even with the garbage New Yorkers living in Florida coming to game Heat fans will outchant them

metrocard

Legend
Wade and Lebron are the best at their position in terms of passing and defense.

We can't say that about Melo and Amare.

Passing and defense are probably the two most important aspects of the game, and we're not strong in neither.

The heat believe in their game plan, they are playing to their strenghts, Wade and Bron run that team...we can't say the same for the Knicks. Wade and Bron were always defensive players that can score. Stat had his moments last year before being worn down by this system and worn out mentaly by his Bro's death. Melo is a half court player and can excel in a zone defense.

All in all...Wade and Bron is playing their game. Stat and Melo are trying to play D'ant's game. There's a very big difference...

Last edited: