Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CARMELO WANTS OUT (Looking to be traded)

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    HAHAhahaaa, the post? pleezz

Since you guys like jounalism propaganda here's some more. The following I took out of today's Daily News....

An executive source within the Knicks organization said "Dolan isn't trading anyone, it is up to the coach to figure this out".

later in the article the reporter goes on to say "D'Antonio wont play to Anthony's strength because he's busy trying to turn Lin into Steve Nash, which, he definitely is not."

LMAO, according to the paper I guess Dolan isn't as dense as we thought.

Just watch and see....The coach will go before Melo and we all will see a positive change in the team.

check the papers if you need clarification
    I do agree this is Dolan's mess. Has been since he ran Ewing out of town. he's the common denominator the past 13 years. Then, you blame the GM. Regardless of his personal feelings, you have to make your star feel comfortable. Especially during honeymoon period. Not talking to him? The, of course, you blame the coach.

If Carmelo wont play your system, follow your rules, and displays poor body language on the court, wont play defense... THEN BENCH HIM. Kncks were 9-1. HAd he nipped it in the bud, his players would have respected him.

1) Dantoni is a non-confrontational guy.
    2) He may be avoiding turning off potential futue employers by having a spat w/ a star player.

Either way, our coach lost the locker room (Lin, Fields, Stoudemire, Chandler) when he allowed this losing streak to balloon. He did bench Carmelo for 1 second half, but he has to call him out. He lost his moment to do that though. He allowed good vibes from the 9-1 to go POOF!

And when he benched Carmelo, he sat Amare. At least STAT is trying on defense, he's just not good at it.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Wake up from your Lin-coma and let go of your dick. Lin could get it done against the bottom of the NBA barrel. When our schedule got tough he folded. He is a D-leaguer and he take more shots than our 100M man..It's a joke.

How about you take Melo's dick out of your arse first? He is cancer to the team. His records with the Knicks speaks for itself.

Who makes 100mil and plays like s scrub?
    Who shot 40% for the season?
    Who lead the team to a 8-15 record and 2-8 record?
    Who doesn't hustle or play hard?

STFU already!! Everyone knew Melo is a pos garbage. Only fanboi like you take his BS!

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    I do agree this is Dolan's mess. Has been since he ran Ewing out of town. he's the common denominator the past 13 years. Then, you blame the GM. Regardless of his personal feelings, you have to make your star feel comfortable. Especially during honeymoon period. Not talking to him? The, of course, you blame the coach.

If Carmelo wont play your system, follow your rules, and displays poor body language on the court, wont play defense... THEN BENCH HIM. Kncks were 9-1. HAd he nipped it in the bud, his players would have respected him.

1) Dantoni is a non-confrontational guy.
    2) He may be avoiding turning off potential futue employers by having a spat w/ a star player.

Either way, our coach lost the locker room (Lin, Fields, Stoudemire, Chandler) when he allowed this losing streak to balloon. He did bench Carmelo for 1 second half, but he has to call him out. He lost his moment to do that though. He allowed good vibes from the 9-1 to go POOF!

And when he benched Carmelo, he sat Amare. At least STAT is trying on defense, he's just not good at it.

All the more reason we dump the coach before ridding a player who has proven to be a winner....that was until he joined a team coached by a consistant loser.

Honestly, I don't really get all this drama based on the Knicks loosing. To me, the issue and solution can't be more clearer.

Originally Posted by Den318
    How about you take Melo's dick out of your arse first? He is cancer to the team. His records with the Knicks speaks for itself.

STFU already!! Everyone knew Melo is a pos garbage. Only fanboi like you take his BS!

Settle down man.

Originally Posted by Den318

This explains so much.

Originally Posted by mafra
    At least STAT is trying on defense

Veteran

All the more reason we dump the coach before ridding a player who has proven to be a winner....that was until he joined a team coached by a consistant loser.

Honestly, I don't really get all this drama based on the Knicks loosing. To me, the issue and solution can't be more clearer.

With the way Melo is acting how can you call him a winner....
    Denver is better without him...
    He has never been in the NBA finals...
    He always had issues with George Karl....
    The dynamic in Denver is so much more positive with Melo gone...
    Plus he took a swing at a Knick and then ran away,,,,,,thats not a winner....

A WINNER GIVE THEIR ALL EVERY NIGHT....MELO DOES NOT....

@Al_Iannazzone: Carmelo Anthony refuted a report he wants to be traded and said he supports Mike D'Antoni.

@Al_Ianazzone: I've heard Anthony, who didn't join Knicks' huddle between 3rd and 4th qtrs Mon, walked out of another huddle recently when MDA was talking.

@Al_Ianazzone: Also have heard that the most of the players are not upset with D'Antoni. Players are upset that Anthony isn't buying in.

His agent said he doesn't wanna be traded, he himself said "No no no that's the last thing I want". Lock this topic up.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    With the way Melo is acting how can you call him a winner....
    Denver is better without him...
    He has never been in the NBA finals...
    He always had issues with George Karl....
    The dynamic in Denver is so much more positive with Melo gone...
    Plus he took a swing at a Knick and then ran away,,,,,,thats not a winner....

A WINNER GIVE THEIR ALL EVERY NIGHT....MELO DOES NOT....
    Melo will never be a guy that will give you Lebron type defense, accept that. Melo is a scorer so you use him for what he's worth and nothing more. Who on our team or in the recent past has been to the dance (other than Chandler)? With the right coaching Melo can help us get there. Denver has a better coach...better coaching means more winning, right? A swing at a Knick? are you talking about that punk Marty? I remember that and don't recall anyone running.

Listen, I only like the Knicks because they are the only team repting NY. Over the last decade there has been plenty of players on this team that didn't fit the mode. Melo is by far one of the few greats we had on this team. I'm not one of those guys that will settle for soft weak players and coaches.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @Al_Iannazzone: Carmelo Anthony refuted a report he wants to be traded and said he supports Mike D'Antoni.

@Al_Ianazzone: I've heard Anthony, who didn't join Knicks' huddle between 3rd and 4th qtrs Mon, walked out of another huddle recently when MDA was talking.

@Al_Ianazzone: Also have heard that the most of the players are not upset with D'Antoni. Players are upset that Anthony isn't buying in.
    +1

This would corroborate Amare's quote:

Coach gives a game plan for every game, offensively and defensively. It's on the entire team to commit to it to give the team a chance at success. You see what happens when we don't.

It would also corroborate Lin "freezing" Melo out -- aka, Melo not following the team's game plan and offensive system....ya know, that one that led us on that epic winning streak despite being gutted from a pure talent perspective?

Lol, smh.....

You can say D'antoni should have just put Melo in the doghouse already...but cmon, doesnt he already take flak for that? Plus, if D'antoni didn't keep the peace with Melo, it would just lead to a huge blowup/spectacle and bona fide severance in Melo and NY's relationship.

If you think this is the NHL, and D'antoni could just bench Melo for taking plays off and being a punk....You're being a bit naive.

The consequences would not be like the NHL.

It would simply lead to Melo acting like more of a punk, and his entire "brand" and personal team starting a feud with NYK and NYC.

**** would get worse. And he would be traded, and not for good value bc of the situation.

There's so many blanket statements on here. They're not necessarily wrong, but some of them are idealist as all hell.

"A winner gives their all every night."

I can't disagree with that statement...but really? It's one thing if Melo was the only malcontent on the roster for some inexplicable reason. But we know Melo is in a system that he feels is inadequate, plenty of basketball minds that have forgotten more about the game than the collective masses of this forum knows about it (myself included) have said that he doesn't fit this system, it's obvious to anyone who's watched him play in the NBA, that he doesn't fit this system -- but he's being pigeonholed into it anyway.

How come MDA, the one who's responsible for crafting the offense, can't see it, or do something about it?

Yea, ok, so Melo is being paid way too much to let his unhappiness manifest itself in his game and attitude. But the dude can't win.

He plays his role in the offense, he has to take shots from spots where he's not at his most effective; he misses those shots, we hate him.

He breaks the offense to get the ball where he's effective, the team freezes him out; he gets frustrated because he fails in the schemed offense, and can't get the ball where he needs it to be effective and help the team, we hate him.

So yea, he's gonna get a "what the living ****!??!?" type of attitude.

I don't condone it, but what are his options? "Just hit those shots that you're not comfortable with!!!"....?

Who else gets that kind of treatment? How often do you see Dwight having to take perimeter shots and then have the entire fan base in his ass when he misses them? Never?

So why is a primarily paint scorer, being asked to spread the floor, watch, wait, catch and shoot?

I use to hear things like STAT and Melo will never work because they occupy the same space. WHY?

Why are they occupying the same space? Having a post player and a permiter threat should yield positive offensive results right? Well when you have a SF who likes to survey the defense before going into a move, it doesn't work well when your PF is also on the perimeter like a PG or SG and kills any two man game.

This is all redundant at this point but I'm just thinking these things should have been worked out a long time ago.

Note: I realize STAT has no post game AT ALL but then WTF is Herb Williams getting paid to do????

Veteran

Melo will never be a guy that will give you Lebron type defense, accept that. Melo is a scorer so you use him for what he's worth and nothing more. Who on our team or in the recent past has been to the dance (other than Chandler)? With the right coaching Melo can help us get there. Denver has a better coach...better coaching means more winning, right? A swing at a Knick? are you talking about that punk Marty? I remember that and don't recall anyone running.

Listen, I only like the Knicks because they are the only team repting NY. Over the last decade there has been plenty of players on this team that didn't fit the mode. Melo is by far one of the few greats we had on this team. I'm not one of those guys that will settle for soft weak players and coaches.

Yes after he swung at Collins...Jeffires was so infuriated h went after Melo and Melo ran away........You really do not remember ? Not that it matters...

Melo is an unbelievable offsenive player and yes who we never defend like Lebron or rebound BUT BUT BUT its not becuase he cant its because he chooses not to.....whwnever Melo is jawing at another player back and forth you see melo play harder as if he has something to prove.......A winner does that for the full game....am I wrong ?
    I did assume when Melo would come to the Knicks and be under the spotlight that he would elevate his game o a a full effort on defense and rebounding,,,,,,,,,,,,I have been very dissapointed that he does this only when he chooses..........I was hoping for more.....

the reason why the media doesnt get on STAT because hes more coherent in talking then Melo, Melo sounds like he never fully acquired basic grammar.