CARMELO WANTS OUT (Looking to be traded)

mafra

Legend
Knicks are 25-37 with Carmelo in their starting lineup. Not what we hoped for when the trade went down last Feb.

metrocard

Legend
act_glenn_robinson.jpg

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
He only thinks about himself. Thats not what the Knicks are about. If we do trade him for Howard, can we please bring Pat Ewing with him!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This has got to be fake. This is the only team Melo wanted to and wants to play for.
Before the trade he said he's willing to resign with Nyets if we can't give up enough to land him in NY. It's about $$$, not about playing for a particular team/city or winning a championship.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This story has no validity and therefore it means nothing. It's also rediculous since everyone knows Antoni WILL NOT be here next season. Knowing this, why would Melo ask to be traded when there will definitely be a different coach here with different basketball philosophies, which may help turn things around?

iSaYughh

Starter
This story has no validity and therefore it means nothing. It's also rediculous since everyone knows Antoni WILL NOT be here next season. Knowing this, why would Melo ask to be traded when there will definitely be a different coach here with different basketball philosophies, which may help turn things around?

Idk if this story is true, but Melo is acting like a bitch, a shitty teammate, and a pathetic excuse for a NBA superstar.

His actions on the court (not just his shitty play) verify this.

And besides the obvious, this is important because:

Because D'antoni may well be here next year?

Because Melo acting like a bitchass loser extend to any coach, not just D'antoni?

As evidenced by the logic that he is a (assumed) professional superstar NBA'er and shouldn't be bailing on teammates, a coach, and a city after lobbying to come less than a year ago?

Or, as evidenced by the epic fail and inability of Melo to even exist in DEN w/ Karl?

And it is a fact that Melo was refusing to buy into the system -- and yes it is a system --, and has disrespected teammates and coach in the process.

These are facts. You see them when you watch the game.

And you know them when actual NYK players give statements that verify it.

quiggle

Starter
hey Melo just dont do what ARod did when he opted out and beg Dolan to bring you back. speaknig of Dolan they said hes not ready to trade him, excuse me Dolan you already got what you needed from him last season by justifying increase ticket prices.

now get Howard and increase ticket prices some more.

HAHAhahaaa, the post? pleezz

Since you guys like jounalism propaganda here's some more. The following I took out of today's Daily News....

An executive source within the Knicks organization said "Dolan isn't trading anyone, it is up to the coach to figure this out".

later in the article the reporter goes on to say "D'Antonio wont play to Anthony's strength because he's busy trying to turn Lin into Steve Nash, which, he definitely is not."

LMAO, according to the paper I guess Dolan isn't as dense as we thought.

Just watch and see....The coach will go before Melo and we all will see a positive change in the team.

check the papers if you need clarification

quiggle

Starter
also he has no one to blame but himself, see if he didnt force the trade to Knicks and signed FA then Knicks would have had enough players trade CP3, and get Big 3 as planned see what money over bytches does to you?

mafra

Legend
HAHAhahaaa, the post? pleezz

Since you guys like jounalism propaganda here's some more. The following I took out of today's Daily News....

An executive source within the Knicks organization said "Dolan isn't trading anyone, it is up to the coach to figure this out".

later in the article the reporter goes on to say "D'Antonio wont play to Anthony's strength because he's busy trying to turn Lin into Steve Nash, which, he definitely is not."

LMAO, according to the paper I guess Dolan isn't as dense as we thought.

Just watch and see....The coach will go before Melo and we all will see a positive change in the team.

check the papers if you need clarification

I do agree this is Dolan's mess. Has been since he ran Ewing out of town. he's the common denominator the past 13 years. Then, you blame the GM. Regardless of his personal feelings, you have to make your star feel comfortable. Especially during honeymoon period. Not talking to him? The, of course, you blame the coach.

If Carmelo wont play your system, follow your rules, and displays poor body language on the court, wont play defense... THEN BENCH HIM. Kncks were 9-1. HAd he nipped it in the bud, his players would have respected him.

1) Dantoni is a non-confrontational guy.
2) He may be avoiding turning off potential futue employers by having a spat w/ a star player.

Either way, our coach lost the locker room (Lin, Fields, Stoudemire, Chandler) when he allowed this losing streak to balloon. He did bench Carmelo for 1 second half, but he has to call him out. He lost his moment to do that though. He allowed good vibes from the 9-1 to go POOF!

And when he benched Carmelo, he sat Amare. At least STAT is trying on defense, he's just not good at it.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Wake up from your Lin-coma and let go of your dick. Lin could get it done against the bottom of the NBA barrel. When our schedule got tough he folded. He is a D-leaguer and he take more shots than our 100M man..It's a joke. :boohoo:

How about you take Melo's dick out of your arse first? He is cancer to the team. His records with the Knicks speaks for itself.

Who makes 100mil and plays like s scrub?
Who shot 40% for the season?
Who lead the team to a 8-15 record and 2-8 record?
Who doesn't hustle or play hard?

STFU already!! Everyone knew Melo is a pos garbage. Only fanboi like you take his BS!

I do agree this is Dolan's mess. Has been since he ran Ewing out of town. he's the common denominator the past 13 years. Then, you blame the GM. Regardless of his personal feelings, you have to make your star feel comfortable. Especially during honeymoon period. Not talking to him? The, of course, you blame the coach.

If Carmelo wont play your system, follow your rules, and displays poor body language on the court, wont play defense... THEN BENCH HIM. Kncks were 9-1. HAd he nipped it in the bud, his players would have respected him.

1) Dantoni is a non-confrontational guy.
2) He may be avoiding turning off potential futue employers by having a spat w/ a star player.

Either way, our coach lost the locker room (Lin, Fields, Stoudemire, Chandler) when he allowed this losing streak to balloon. He did bench Carmelo for 1 second half, but he has to call him out. He lost his moment to do that though. He allowed good vibes from the 9-1 to go POOF!

And when he benched Carmelo, he sat Amare. At least STAT is trying on defense, he's just not good at it.

All the more reason we dump the coach before ridding a player who has proven to be a winner....that was until he joined a team coached by a consistant loser.

Honestly, I don't really get all this drama based on the Knicks loosing. To me, the issue and solution can't be more clearer.

nyk_nyk

All Star
How about you take Melo's dick out of your arse first? He is cancer to the team. His records with the Knicks speaks for itself.

STFU already!! Everyone knew Melo is a pos garbage. Only fanboi like you take his BS!

a8EXP.gif

Settle down man.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

This explains so much.

skisloper

Starter
All the more reason we dump the coach before ridding a player who has proven to be a winner....that was until he joined a team coached by a consistant loser.

Honestly, I don't really get all this drama based on the Knicks loosing. To me, the issue and solution can't be more clearer.

With the way Melo is acting how can you call him a winner....
Denver is better without him...
He has never been in the NBA finals...
He always had issues with George Karl....
The dynamic in Denver is so much more positive with Melo gone...
Plus he took a swing at a Knick and then ran away,,,,,,thats not a winner....

A WINNER GIVE THEIR ALL EVERY NIGHT....MELO DOES NOT....

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Al_Iannazzone: Carmelo Anthony refuted a report he wants to be traded and said he supports Mike D'Antoni.

@Al_Ianazzone: I've heard Anthony, who didn't join Knicks' huddle between 3rd and 4th qtrs Mon, walked out of another huddle recently when MDA was talking.

@Al_Ianazzone: Also have heard that the most of the players are not upset with D'Antoni. Players are upset that Anthony isn't buying in.

With the way Melo is acting how can you call him a winner....
Denver is better without him...
He has never been in the NBA finals...
He always had issues with George Karl....
The dynamic in Denver is so much more positive with Melo gone...
Plus he took a swing at a Knick and then ran away,,,,,,thats not a winner....

A WINNER GIVE THEIR ALL EVERY NIGHT....MELO DOES NOT....

Melo will never be a guy that will give you Lebron type defense, accept that. Melo is a scorer so you use him for what he's worth and nothing more. Who on our team or in the recent past has been to the dance (other than Chandler)? With the right coaching Melo can help us get there. Denver has a better coach...better coaching means more winning, right? A swing at a Knick? are you talking about that punk Marty? I remember that and don't recall anyone running.

Listen, I only like the Knicks because they are the only team repting NY. Over the last decade there has been plenty of players on this team that didn't fit the mode. Melo is by far one of the few greats we had on this team. I'm not one of those guys that will settle for soft weak players and coaches.