MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Yeah you're right

7-1 without Melo

2-8 once he gets back

Melo clearly not the issue.

Yah and playing teams like the wizards, raptors, jazz, and the kings had nothing to do with the 7-1 record...

GTFO ive never seen such a lisuy coach get this much support. Melo doesnt just turn to shit over night.

Martin101

Rookie
This is my 1st time posting on this board becuase I am pissed!!!!! I love D'antoni. This team is going to S##t. That SOB Dolan has killed this franchise enought. Give the baby Carmelo Anthony his way!!! This team has become totally unloveable!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This is my 1st time posting on this board becuase I am pissed!!!!! I love D'antoni. This team is going to S##t. That SOB Dolan has killed this franchise enought. Give the baby Carmelo Anthony his way!!! This team has become totally unloveable!
Let your first be your last.
PTFO

KBlack25

Starter
By Brian Koppelman

So this challenge just hit my inbox from one Bill Simmons: ?Yo, Koppelman," it began, "? write a Carmelo rant for our sports blog today.? It was followed by an e-mail from Grantland editor Dan Fierman, also calling me out for "whine, whine, whining? on Twitter instead of really saying something.

OK, boys, if it?s a rant you want, it?s a rant you get. But I?m warning you, it ain?t gonna be pretty. It ain?t gonna be stat-filled or fair and balanced. Because after a lifetime of Knick fandom, I don?t have an ounce of fair or balanced left.

Let?s start with the disgraceful commercials the Knicks ran in welcoming Carmelo Anthony to the team. These ads, designed to stir the emotions of long-suffering Knickerbocker lifers like me, had the audacity to compare this selfish, ball-hogging, team-chemistry killer to Bernard King, probably the most beloved Knick of all time, after Willis Reed, and the one Knick since the '70s who performed in the clutch, played hurt, never complained, and gave us hope that we might actually win a championship. This is not unlike comparing Paulie to Luca Brasi in The Godfather. One sells out the Don for a few extra bucks. The other dies for him.

You want specifics? Well, it?s not about any complicated sports-geek metric. It?s just this: The Knicks are a winning team without Carmelo, and a losing team with him. I can talk about shots per game, Mike D'Antoni's offense, Amar?e Stoudemire?s conditioning, but what it comes down to, in the end, is that Carmelo Anthony, on the court, does not care about anything but Carmelo Anthony.

Just watch two quarters and you?ll see it. First few plays, he runs the lanes, has his eyes up, even makes a pass or two. But then it starts, usually after one of his teammates misses a shot or has the audacity to throw the ball to someone other than Carmelo. That?s all the justification he needs to take matters into his own hands ? which means dribbling the ball until there are about eight seconds left on the clock before shooting (and usually missing), no matter where he is on the court.

Sometimes, if he?s in an even worse mood, he just dribbles across half court and fires up a 3, without even waiting for anyone else to get under the basket. And let?s not even talk about defense. Because what would there be to say?

And that?s not the worst of it. The worst of it is the effect he has on all the other players. Anthony, by sulking, by demanding the ball, by refusing to even acknowledge he?s part of a team, has killed all the momentum the Knicks built up, all the team spirit that surfaced when he was injured. I believe Jeremy Lin is the real deal and will be a starting point guard in the league for a long time, but what Linsanity really boiled down to was this: a team jelling, a team having fun, a team remembering that basketball could be a great game to play. That?s an important thing in this shortened, intense season. Actually liking basketball and having a blast out there on the court results in wins. I saw it with my own eyes. And don?t get started with the whole, "The Knicks didn?t play anyone during the streak? argument. Because that?s crap. We beat the Lakers and the Mavericks ? and both teams were out for blood.

Carmelo has now taken all of that positive energy and joy and he?s wrecked it. Because that?s what he is, a joy wrecker. Just ask the guys on the Nuggets if they like it better now or when he was their "leader."

The really painful part of this is that most of us knew this was a mistake before the Knicks made the trade. (Donnie Walsh knew it, too, which is why he?s no longer with the team.) The truth is, the anger I feel toward Carmelo is really anger that should be directed at owner James Dolan. If ?Melo is Paulie, then Dolan, to continue the Godfather analogy, is basically Fredo, if Fredo were twice as stupid and three times as jumpy. When Fredo panicked, all he did was fumble the gun, sit down, and cry. Dolan would?ve accidentally fired it, hitting his father another couple of times in the back, before running away and hiding.

Well, I?m sick and tired of getting shot in the back by James Dolan. And, speaking for most Knicks fans, I demand that he trade Carmelo Anthony before the deadline expires. I know he won?t. Because that would require Dolan admitting he was wrong about something and then actually doing something about it. Which will never happen.

And so I will spend the rest of the season curled up in the fetal position as I watch Carmelo destroy our team?s offense, our team?s chemistry, and our team?s promising point guard, Jeremy Lin. And all I?ll be able to do about it is tweet.

The news of Mike D'Antoni's resignation broke after I penned this rant. So there you have it. Carmelo and Dolan put a bullet in the head of the guy who found a way to win with all his supposed stars on the bench. The guy who actually gave the Garden 10 days of hope.

I hope whoever comes in next knows to always sit with his back to the wall and his eyes on the front door. Or at least has a gun hidden behind the tank of an old-fashioned chain toilet.

People asking why would Phil Jackson come coach the Knicks?

Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Jeremy Lin, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith, Baron Davis, Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert, Steve Novak, Josh Harrellson, Jared Jeffries. That's why.

I mean are you kidding me? That is as much individual talent as any team in the NBA. Phil Jackson knows what he is capable of with that type of roster. That, and his EXTREME fondness of the Knicks, makes it a no-brainer that he would at least consider it. There are no guarantees obviously but you are crazy if you don't think this off season he is going to give this some serious thought. There's enough talent there to make an NBA Finals if the team were to put it all together.

TakMan

Rotation player
Thats because there hasn't been one. Toney Douglas is the longest tenured Knick. In 08 and 09 D'Antoni clearly wasn't hear to coach to victories. That was all about burning off bad contracts, and cleaning up the mess Isaiah left us. And I can only assume that Walsh went after D'Antoni because his system could help boost player stats and raise their trade value.. D'Antoni never at any point here though had a stable team, or any assurance that this was his team to coach. Who is going to buy into a coaches system or listen to them when they all know they won't be back the next year.

That's basically the point I was making.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo can go sux a dik. What a loser.

Anyway, Melo will play his ass off the next few games to prove that the coach is the reason we are losing. Let me make a guess here. He will avg 27pts, 25 shots per game for the next couple of game. He will hustle on both side of the court. This will give us a "better" shot at winning, at least for the next few games/weeks/months until this loser get back to his heartless lazyass way.

/end rant

P.s. dont get me wrong, he will still shoot 40% LOL

WTF are you ranting about????

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
My super reliable insider source told me everything about what REALLY happened.

427143_681837755087_57600103_33311133_490097082_n.jpg

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Because he's a Knicks fan?

Why do we care what you (whatever it is you do) have to say?

I never said you did. But what I post is my thoughts, my words.

I figured that since you copied and pasted someone else's work on here, there was something of importance in there.

But I guess it's all good, like you said, he's a fan and these are fan forums.

KBlack25

Starter
I never said you did. But what I post is my thoughts, my words.

I figured that since you copied and pasted someone else's work on here, there was something of importance in there.

But I guess it's all good, like you said, he's a fan and these are fan forums.

Nah - I post other's tweets frequently as well b/c maybe it provides fodder for discussion...

I haven't been on in a while, I will from time to time just post an article b/c I found it interesting or well written and it's on the Knicks.

kinein

Benchwarmer
To quote a wise man: even the sun shines on a dog's a$$ every once in a while. Translation: Anybody can beat anybody on any given night. Remember what Kobe said when asked about J. Lin before that Friday night game??? Lemme tell ya: "Jeremy Who???" So we won a beat a couple good teams. BIG EFFIN DEAL. We lost to more bad teams during the same run. And after the media put a target on Lin's back, it was over for him. I get it. DO YOU!!!!

To quote Kobe : He doesn't need my advice he scored what 40pts on us! (when asked what advice he would give to Lin)

To quote Kobe : A lot of heads should be rolling in the league for missing Jeremy Lin - that includes scouts and General Managers - and the LAKERS. ( national article - his statement to the country on Lin going unnoticed )

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
F##k You jerk. Melo as your avatar? Talk about a loser!!!!!! Fans like you know jack. Big loser folowing another loser!!!

Your post was as lame as your mother last night.

POS!
LOL your so mad, at a reply on a forum, on a website, by a stranger. Damn bro go get some priorities :teeth:

And by the way you f*ckin idiot, my mom said you weren't that good either :gony:

kinein

Benchwarmer
Yah and playing teams like the wizards, raptors, jazz, and the kings had nothing to do with the 7-1 record...

GTFO ive never seen such a lisuy coach get this much support. Melo doesnt just turn to shit over night.

The guy has been getting progressively worse over years ~ see Nuggets and change in philosophy.

See 15-20+lbs of fat gained over time. Do you guys even realize that as his body goes - so does his ability to sustain and compete @ a consistent level?

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
The guy has been getting progressively worse over years ~ see Nuggets and change in philosophy.

See 15-20+lbs of fat gained over time. Do you guys even realize that as his body goes - so does his ability to sustain and compete @ a consistent level?

Don't feed the troll, Kinein.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Didn't notice that when he was destroying the Celtics in the playoffs.

Wargames

Starter
I've lived in NY for 12 years but the Knicks haven't been fun to watch in a long time. Linsanity made the Knicks exciting to watch.

How can you state there's not good chemistry by watching the Knicks lately? Melo started not running the plays that were called and then would get miffed when he didn't get the ball. You'd say that's good chemistry?

Evan Turner had a great game, but the kid had been playing great and he was the #2 pick in the draft last year. The kid could become a great player. What about Taj Gibson getting 8 offensive boards and 13 rebounds total in just 25 minutes of play? You can say part of that was the Knicks needing to play help D but no way does that explain the Knicks not even boxing out half the time in that game.

look the reason the knick's lose games isn't chemistry. Its reasons like not Doubling Lou Williams after he gets hot, or like you said letting Taj Gibson get rebound by not boxing out, or not fouling pierce when he has done that same dagger three to the knicks for a few years now.

Chemistry is an issue but its not costing the knicks games the same crap that always cost the knicks games are costing them games.

Also on another board I had to go deep into with a philly Fan. Evan turner is their version of Gallo and he is definitely improving since he got into their starting lineup but what he did to the Knicks is far from the norm for him. Fields has so far had a better career than Turner, But yeah lets say he continues to tear up the league. He would just join Kevin love in that group of players who discovered how nice they were playing against D'antoni's led Knicks.