Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    the overall record is 26-39 with Melo (including last year + playoffs) and 43-34 without him (including pre-trade + Linsanity).
    Based on your constant repeating of the record with/without Melo, I guess it was a good idea to fire the coach since he also had a losing record. The difference is, he accomplished nothing over a longer stretch.

Remember that next time you decide to post a record for the umteenth time.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Wow, indeed....

****. Was really praying for a Melo + Ty for Howard + Turk trade.

Well, this might make the Nets keen to trade Williams now. Though idk how that would work w/ us....
    You're bordering on trolling now. One of them had to go and the choice was made. Get over it or go root for the Nyets.

Superstar

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    The Knicks record immediately before the trade was 4-5, one of the loses came to the Clippers.

Please, stop.

That's a ridiculous statement. Anyone who was watching those games could easily see the players had been affected by the culmination of the saga. Two players most evidently affected by that were Chandler and Felton, who were severely underperforming. All those who are talking about D'Antoni's losing seasons also cannot be taken seriously. Name 3 players that were part of the Knicks roster throughout the 3.5 years. I don't think you'll even be able to name one.

MDA had the guys he wanted at the start of 2010-11 for the most part
    But that team was mediocre at best, so what's your point???

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    It has finally come to an end. Dantoni is gone. Melo has got his wish. Its time for him to back up everything. Woodson is a very iso heavy coach. It will cater to Melo. Time for a big run to end this season. Saving the season starts tonight. Come on Knicks turn this around. Didn't want a drastic move like this especially this late in the season. But this is exactly what we needed. Lets go NYK!
    Melo better be on the top of his game if he gets his ios, otherwise, he would definitely get boo'ed.

Melo can go sux a dik. What a loser.

Anyway, Melo will play his ass off the next few games to prove that the coach is the reason we are losing. Let me make a guess here. He will avg 27pts, 25 shots per game for the next couple of game. He will hustle on both side of the court. This will give us a "better" shot at winning, at least for the next few games/weeks/months until this loser get back to his heartless lazyass way.

/end rant

P.s. dont get me wrong, he will still shoot 40% LOL

Thank god!! So glad Dantoni is gone.
    Melo is gonna bring da pain tonight.

Superstar

Originally Posted by TakMan
    That's a ridiculous statement. Anyone who was watching those games could easily see the players had been affected by the culmination of the saga. Two players most evidently affected by that were Chandler and Felton, who were severely underperforming. All those who are talking about D'Antoni's losing seasons also cannot be taken seriously. Name 3 players that were part of the Knicks roster throughout the 3.5 years. I don't think you'll even be able to name one.
    Thats because there hasn't been one. Toney Douglas is the longest tenured Knick. In 08 and 09 D'Antoni clearly wasn't hear to coach to victories. That was all about burning off bad contracts, and cleaning up the mess Isaiah left us. And I can only assume that Walsh went after D'Antoni because his system could help boost player stats and raise their trade value.. D'Antoni never at any point here though had a stable team, or any assurance that this was his team to coach. Who is going to buy into a coaches system or listen to them when they all know they won't be back the next year.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I agree to a certain extent.

I don't know how entitled or selfish Melo is for expecting to be put in a position to succeed. Other teams do it for their star players. As big as Durant is, he comes off scripted screens to get open looks. He's not pigeonholed into one spot of the floor for the sake of the "offense."

It makes no sense to have a talented 3, and just treat him like any other small forward out there, and not feature him.

Rudy Gay is feature, KD is featured, Blake is featured, Aldridge is featured, Melo was not featured. Barely even ran the PnR with Lin.

Love him, hate him, indifferent, whatever...you can't tell me that makes any sense whatsoever.

Yes, MDA was married to his system, but when it's clearly not incorporating the most talented player you have on the roster, and it's taking away his opportunity to utilize his talent....I don't see how that's a virtuous attribute. Seems kinda dumb to me.

We have one half of the anti-Melo faction saying his numbers are terrible (which they are) and then you have some saying he's in it for personal numbers, and that's why he hates the system?

His scoring and FG% was a DIRECT result of how many fouls and and-1s he got from operating on the low block. Post, utilize footwork, get fouled, miss the shot, make 2 free throws = points without affecting FG%.

His free throw attempts are down this season, but his shots from the perimeter are up...so you have a guy that will routinely stop the clock and put points up on the board, but you willing to give that up for a "system" an ideology? Is it really worth it?

I don't see how anyone can make that argument.
    I love your posts. No homo.

Veteran

I am sure D'Antoni was asked to resign (really fired) based on how he spent his day before the announcement. He was probably called to the office and told they would not be renewing his contract, some players were complaining about him and it would be best if he resigned immediately or he would be fired. That's the way it looks to me.

DíAntoni put the Knicks through a morning workout Wednesday, seemed in good spirits and said players were, too. He acknowledged the media frenzy around the sinking team but believed the Knicks would handle it.
    ďYou battle against it and I think weíre cohesive enough to battle through this and we expect to do that,Ē he said.
    He was preparing to coach the Knicks against the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] later Wednesday, but Mike Woodson is expected to handle that role instead.

Yeah you're right

7-1 without Melo

2-8 once he gets back

Melo clearly not the issue.
    Yah and playing teams like the wizards, raptors, jazz, and the kings had nothing to do with the 7-1 record...

GTFO ive never seen such a lisuy coach get this much support. Melo doesnt just turn to **** over night.

Lurker

This is my 1st time posting on this board becuase I am pissed!!!!! I love D'antoni. This team is going to S##t. That SOB Dolan has killed this franchise enought. Give the baby Carmelo Anthony his way!!! This team has become totally unloveable!

Originally Posted by Martin101
    This is my 1st time posting on this board becuase I am pissed!!!!! I love D'antoni. This team is going to S##t. That SOB Dolan has killed this franchise enought. Give the baby Carmelo Anthony his way!!! This team has become totally unloveable!
    Let your first be your last.
    PTFO

By Brian Koppelman

So this challenge just hit my inbox from one Bill Simmons: ďYo, Koppelman," it began, "Ö write a Carmelo rant for our sports blog today.Ē It was followed by an e-mail from Grantland editor Dan Fierman, also calling me out for "whine, whine, whiningĒ on Twitter instead of really saying something.

OK, boys, if itís a rant you want, itís a rant you get. But Iím warning you, it ainít gonna be pretty. It ainít gonna be stat-filled or fair and balanced. Because after a lifetime of Knick fandom, I donít have an ounce of fair or balanced left.

Letís start with the disgraceful commercials the Knicks ran in welcoming Carmelo Anthony to the team. These ads, designed to stir the emotions of long-suffering Knickerbocker lifers like me, had the audacity to compare this selfish, ball-hogging, team-chemistry killer to Bernard King, probably the most beloved Knick of all time, after Willis Reed, and the one Knick since the '70s who performed in the clutch, played hurt, never complained, and gave us hope that we might actually win a championship. This is not unlike comparing Paulie to Luca Brasi in The Godfather. One sells out the Don for a few extra bucks. The other dies for him.

You want specifics? Well, itís not about any complicated sports-geek metric. Itís just this: The Knicks are a winning team without Carmelo, and a losing team with him. I can talk about shots per game, Mike D'Antoni's offense, Amaríe Stoudemireís conditioning, but what it comes down to, in the end, is that Carmelo Anthony, on the court, does not care about anything but Carmelo Anthony.

Just watch two quarters and youíll see it. First few plays, he runs the lanes, has his eyes up, even makes a pass or two. But then it starts, usually after one of his teammates misses a shot or has the audacity to throw the ball to someone other than Carmelo. Thatís all the justification he needs to take matters into his own hands ó which means dribbling the ball until there are about eight seconds left on the clock before shooting (and usually missing), no matter where he is on the court.

Sometimes, if heís in an even worse mood, he just dribbles across half court and fires up a 3, without even waiting for anyone else to get under the basket. And letís not even talk about defense. Because what would there be to say?

And thatís not the worst of it. The worst of it is the effect he has on all the other players. Anthony, by sulking, by demanding the ball, by refusing to even acknowledge heís part of a team, has killed all the momentum the Knicks built up, all the team spirit that surfaced when he was injured. I believe Jeremy Lin is the real deal and will be a starting point guard in the league for a long time, but what Linsanity really boiled down to was this: a team jelling, a team having fun, a team remembering that basketball could be a great game to play. Thatís an important thing in this shortened, intense season. Actually liking basketball and having a blast out there on the court results in wins. I saw it with my own eyes. And donít get started with the whole, "The Knicks didnít play anyone during the streakĒ argument. Because thatís crap. We beat the Lakers and the Mavericks ó and both teams were out for blood.

Carmelo has now taken all of that positive energy and joy and heís wrecked it. Because thatís what he is, a joy wrecker. Just ask the guys on the Nuggets if they like it better now or when he was their "leader."

The really painful part of this is that most of us knew this was a mistake before the Knicks made the trade. (Donnie Walsh knew it, too, which is why heís no longer with the team.) The truth is, the anger I feel toward Carmelo is really anger that should be directed at owner James Dolan. If ĎMelo is Paulie, then Dolan, to continue the Godfather analogy, is basically Fredo, if Fredo were twice as stupid and three times as jumpy. When Fredo panicked, all he did was fumble the gun, sit down, and cry. Dolan wouldíve accidentally fired it, hitting his father another couple of times in the back, before running away and hiding.

Well, Iím sick and tired of getting shot in the back by James Dolan. And, speaking for most Knicks fans, I demand that he trade Carmelo Anthony before the deadline expires. I know he wonít. Because that would require Dolan admitting he was wrong about something and then actually doing something about it. Which will never happen.

And so I will spend the rest of the season curled up in the fetal position as I watch Carmelo destroy our teamís offense, our teamís chemistry, and our teamís promising point guard, Jeremy Lin. And all Iíll be able to do about it is tweet.

The news of Mike D'Antoni's resignation broke after I penned this rant. So there you have it. Carmelo and Dolan put a bullet in the head of the guy who found a way to win with all his supposed stars on the bench. The guy who actually gave the Garden 10 days of hope.

I hope whoever comes in next knows to always sit with his back to the wall and his eyes on the front door. Or at least has a gun hidden behind the tank of an old-fashioned chain toilet.

People asking why would Phil Jackson come coach the Knicks?

Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire, Jeremy Lin, Tyson Chandler, JR Smith, Baron Davis, Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert, Steve Novak, Josh Harrellson, Jared Jeffries. That's why.

I mean are you kidding me? That is as much individual talent as any team in the NBA. Phil Jackson knows what he is capable of with that type of roster. That, and his EXTREME fondness of the Knicks, makes it a no-brainer that he would at least consider it. There are no guarantees obviously but you are crazy if you don't think this off season he is going to give this some serious thought. There's enough talent there to make an NBA Finals if the team were to put it all together.