Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

won't make a difference

Keep your ass around the paint Amare and stop trying to set a pick for everyone!

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    To quote Kobe : He doesn't need my advice he scored what 40pts on us! (when asked what advice he would give to Lin)

To quote Kobe : A lot of heads should be rolling in the league for missing Jeremy Lin - that includes scouts and General Managers - and the LAKERS. ( national article - his statement to the country on Lin going unnoticed )
    That was after the game.....He said "Jeremy Who" before the game...HELLO MCFLY....

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    You can't change your stance after you get called out.

If you want to be taken seriously or even be relevant and not be seen as a troll - you have to at least take responsibility for your statements. Making following replies AFTER - as if you DIDNT say this - only says one thing about you. That you'll say anything and change any position to sound like your right. No firm foundation based on logic, reasoning, or truth. This is deemed - flip-flopping/waffling.
    Funny I have been posting here since 06' newbie, so I am relevent. If YOU want to be taken seriously around here, have a real point, not BS.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Jesus, I wake up to see this... Saw nearly 300 replies... Thought to myself "there must be a whole lot of arguing in this thread"... Opened thread *rolls eyes*

This should be a day of celebration for most, anyone with any sense of reality knows that Melo/STAT are 99.999999% stuck here for at least the remainder of the season. This is the one change that might bring some new life to the team this year.

Rejoice!
    Reason why I don't post much Smokes as I am afraid to lose B-Ball IQ points. Firing D'ant was the move to make. He had four years to turn this team around. No coincidence the our KNICKS are spanking the Blazers by 30 tonight. DAMNPHONY can't coach this team better than me or you.

Well, as far as I see it, Mike has hardly earned anything as coach of this team, but he also hasn't earned being chased out by a disgruntled faux-star in Anthony either.

You got what you wanted, Melo. When has it been any other way though? If you feel a sense of entitlement to make decisions for the organization, then you'd better start playing like you've earned the privilege.

There have been few accomplishments in the D'Antoni era, but, in his defense he never had a team to play his game the way he wanted it played. Didn't stop him from attempting to do so, however, and this team has always and ever had a weakness courtesy of that: rebounding, perimeter defense, predictability, patches of stagnation and so on.

So it's finally over.

Can't say I'll miss the modus operandi.

I'm very interested to see if there was any conspiring between Woodson and Carmelo. These 2 were constantly in cohorts during games this season, and I've no doubt that Woodson, renowned as an isolation user in Atlanta with Johnson, exacerbated the situation and was Melo's puppeteer.

Could be wrong.

Official D'antoni resignation letter:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Official D'antoni resignation letter:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    More like official parody letter.... By a guy called Jason Gay. D'antoni isn't going to feed the media beast in NY so they're doing corny crap like this.

Big Iffy if MDA really resign.

I think it was a backroom fired. Resigning is just a nicer way of saying you're fired.

Knicks organization is known for buying out your silence.

and oh yeah,....Dolan is still an idiot. That's guy looks like he parties hard and is on heavy meds.

Default goodbye and good riddance

very strange to read so many posts by Antoni d'efenders, rueing the resignation situation, and calling out Melo. Antoni played by the numbers, utilizing a short rotation and strategizing within NBA percentages. he played without heart. he was nasty to his players. he benched players and kept them in his doghouse, even when they could help in games gone wrong. Antoni kept to his guns and could not lift this team except for maybe 2-3 winning streaks in a four year period. EPIC F*CKING FAIL!

Linsanity did not happen because he coached Lin so well, Lin was an afterthought that happened out of desperation; Antoni was on his way out before the win streak, and a de facto d'estiny once Melo/Stat came back to forge a losing streak. How ironic that Anteater is gone right before the trade deadline, when teams try to improve their situation at the last minute? HAHA! THANK YOU!! F*CKYOU!

Substitutions are the hallmark of a great coach, and Antoni played his stars (and Duhons) into the ground each and every losing season, yet Macaroni defenders always had an excuse for FOUR F*CKING YEARS.

Dolan and Walsh blew up the team, sure, probably way too many times for any coach to handle, but to stubbornly play the same way, NOT call time outs, diss quality players, alienate star players the way Antoni did... I blame that holier than thou, ****stache euro-coach and his ass-kissing ass-istant coaches... good riddance to ALL of you.

For the last time, I bid farewell to my Antoni photoshops and to the worst coach and 4 years the Knicks have ever had:

Veteran

^ LOL, Cool.

But nobody else is the least bit concerned -- that just like Walsh's resignation -- D'antoni's resignation has Dolan's paw prints *all* over it? Much like the Melo trade had Dolan's paw prints *all* over it?

Nobody is the least bit concerned that this plan being supported is Dolan's? Or that D'antoni resigned, point blank, because Melo wasn't following the gameplan, Dolan backed Melo?

Let's replay all the statements made in the past week, which never named a player per say, but now, if there was every any doubt, clearly were about Melo, and his defiance to the team and coach and game plan.

This was the team (Lin, STAT, Jeffries, Chandler, etc.) and D'antoni vs Melo and ultimately Dolan.

Personally, besides the many reasons *I* personally see as to why D'antoni should have stayed, almost by default I would be extremely wary of celebrating another coup for James Dolan.

So to did Walsh go, so to has D'antoni.

And I still feel D'antoni is one of the most effective coaches in the league, by far - on top of manning up to NYC and riding **** out better than any coach here has in ages. You want to win a chip in this golden age, your team better have a real edge and identity, if it's not one of the fortunate few to simply be stacked by way of the leuge's best players.

^yeah, but what the hell can be done about D'oh-lan?

the day HE resigns, or sell the Knicks, will be the day to REALLY celebrate!

i just think this is a major step in the right direction.

The CA trade was the beginning of the end for MDA on this team. The writing was on the wall then..

Acquiring a primarily half court, iso-oriented player on a free-flowing, ball-movement heavy offensive team, predicated on spacing and quick decision making was like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I thought it could work, but it would have taken total buy in and sacrifice on the part of CA and we never really got that from him.

One thing we should all be able to agree on is that.. CA is going to have things his way..

One way or another man gets what he wants.

He selfishly forced his way to this team while making us give up too many valuable assets. And now he's going to have the offense slowly morph into something that is much more agreeable to his tendencies.

In hindsight I think MDA should have made it a point to give Melo a handful of plays in his sweet spots through out games. For all I know he was already doing this.. But it seemed as though MDA was doggedly trying to force his system and offensive philosophy on CA. In the end I can't really blame him for sticking to is real strength and believing in it. Should any of us have expected anything less??

The whole situation is disappointing. Without CA (and Amare surprisingly) we went on a sweet (7 games I believe) win streak. Honestly I think with if CA didn't come back we would have continued to play purely within the confines of MDA's system and we would have continued to win.

Lastly, I too am afraid that the real legit basketball brain-trust has been removed from this organization. This should frighten ALL Knick fans. I never felt more secure as a fan of this team as when Donnie was at the helm and we were gradually bringing in pieces to run MDA's system, a system that can be successful and produce winning seasons and deep playoff runs. Combined with a more systematic defensive philosophy MDA could have won a title imo.

Again the CA trade was the beginning of the end of that.

This team had a vision. Now I really don't know where we're headed.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ^ LOL, Cool.

But nobody else is the least bit concerned -- that just like Walsh's resignation -- D'antoni's resignation has Dolan's paw prints *all* over it? Much like the Melo trade had Dolan's paw prints *all* over it?

Nobody is the least bit concerned that this plan being supported is Dolan's? Or that D'antoni resigned, point blank, because Melo wasn't following the gameplan, Dolan backed Melo?
    It's definitely not a good way for him to go out, but was he not just as stubborn as his detractors in his own role? Regardless of the circumstances Mike's tenure here had its blemishes - most of them reoccurring ones. I'd had enough by the early stages of the season, Linsanity creating temporary dormancy, but the issues remained the same in one performance based form or another.

We're far from salvation, and if anything this ousting will exacerbate media/interior scrutiny if the Knicks continue to flail. No one will feel the pang of that more than Melo.

Dolan no doubt considers himself a winner for bringing Melo in, and it appears that Mike's Lame Duck ousting was a foregone conclusion as of the start of the season. In saying so, Dolan knows what's better for his pocket: a star being afforded the means in which he can achieve - be that statistically or on the win column I'm sure has no preference - flashing light stardom.

I can't stand that we've lost so many games because of conflict of approach, but both parties have their share of blame therein, not just Melo.

I still think he's overstepped the mark, mind you, and certainly hasn't produced in a fashion that's earned him the privilege of getting D'Antoni cut. Especially when you consider that a lot of teammates were/are/remain big MD advocates.

The Melo-drama surges forth.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

i just think this is a major step in the right direction.
    I think it definitely can be a major step in the right direction, but it will be a very, very rough ride if things turn sour. The day Dolan bolts, I'm buying 3 first class tickets for you, iSaYughh and myself and we're gonna watch a Knicks game at MSG and do cocaine off the heads of midgets.

Veteran

When we start playing better under Woodson than we did under D'Ant I'm sure many fake fans will leave and follow D'Ant like those **** suckers followed Gallo's seaman trail to Denver. That will truly be some good times.

We just blew a team out without D'ant and people are still supporting him, that same team would have probably beaten us or we would have narrowly escape with a win if he was still coaching. move on already, lol