MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

iSaYughh

Starter
^ LOL, Cool. :lol:

But nobody else is the least bit concerned -- that just like Walsh's resignation -- D'antoni's resignation has Dolan's paw prints *all* over it? Much like the Melo trade had Dolan's paw prints *all* over it?

Nobody is the least bit concerned that this plan being supported is Dolan's? Or that D'antoni resigned, point blank, because Melo wasn't following the gameplan, Dolan backed Melo?

Let's replay all the statements made in the past week, which never named a player per say, but now, if there was every any doubt, clearly were about Melo, and his defiance to the team and coach and game plan.

This was the team (Lin, STAT, Jeffries, Chandler, etc.) and D'antoni vs Melo and ultimately Dolan.

Personally, besides the many reasons *I* personally see as to why D'antoni should have stayed, almost by default I would be extremely wary of celebrating another coup for James Dolan.

So to did Walsh go, so to has D'antoni.

And I still feel D'antoni is one of the most effective coaches in the league, by far - on top of manning up to NYC and riding shit out better than any coach here has in ages. You want to win a chip in this golden age, your team better have a real edge and identity, if it's not one of the fortunate few to simply be stacked by way of the leuge's best players.

CoolClyde

^yeah, but what the hell can be done about D'oh-lan?

the day HE resigns, or sell the Knicks, will be the day to REALLY celebrate!

i just think this is a major step in the right direction.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The CA trade was the beginning of the end for MDA on this team. The writing was on the wall then..

Acquiring a primarily half court, iso-oriented player on a free-flowing, ball-movement heavy offensive team, predicated on spacing and quick decision making was like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I thought it could work, but it would have taken total buy in and sacrifice on the part of CA and we never really got that from him.

One thing we should all be able to agree on is that.. CA is going to have things his way..

One way or another man gets what he wants.

He selfishly forced his way to this team while making us give up too many valuable assets. And now he's going to have the offense slowly morph into something that is much more agreeable to his tendencies.

In hindsight I think MDA should have made it a point to give Melo a handful of plays in his sweet spots through out games. For all I know he was already doing this.. But it seemed as though MDA was doggedly trying to force his system and offensive philosophy on CA. In the end I can't really blame him for sticking to is real strength and believing in it. Should any of us have expected anything less??

The whole situation is disappointing. Without CA (and Amare surprisingly) we went on a sweet (7 games I believe) win streak. Honestly I think with if CA didn't come back we would have continued to play purely within the confines of MDA's system and we would have continued to win.

Lastly, I too am afraid that the real legit basketball brain-trust has been removed from this organization. This should frighten ALL Knick fans. I never felt more secure as a fan of this team as when Donnie was at the helm and we were gradually bringing in pieces to run MDA's system, a system that can be successful and produce winning seasons and deep playoff runs. Combined with a more systematic defensive philosophy MDA could have won a title imo.

Again the CA trade was the beginning of the end of that.

This team had a vision. Now I really don't know where we're headed. :(

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^ LOL, Cool. :lol:

But nobody else is the least bit concerned -- that just like Walsh's resignation -- D'antoni's resignation has Dolan's paw prints *all* over it? Much like the Melo trade had Dolan's paw prints *all* over it?

Nobody is the least bit concerned that this plan being supported is Dolan's? Or that D'antoni resigned, point blank, because Melo wasn't following the gameplan, Dolan backed Melo?

It's definitely not a good way for him to go out, but was he not just as stubborn as his detractors in his own role? Regardless of the circumstances Mike's tenure here had its blemishes - most of them reoccurring ones. I'd had enough by the early stages of the season, Linsanity creating temporary dormancy, but the issues remained the same in one performance based form or another.

We're far from salvation, and if anything this ousting will exacerbate media/interior scrutiny if the Knicks continue to flail. No one will feel the pang of that more than Melo.

Dolan no doubt considers himself a winner for bringing Melo in, and it appears that Mike's Lame Duck ousting was a foregone conclusion as of the start of the season. In saying so, Dolan knows what's better for his pocket: a star being afforded the means in which he can achieve - be that statistically or on the win column I'm sure has no preference - flashing light stardom.

I can't stand that we've lost so many games because of conflict of approach, but both parties have their share of blame therein, not just Melo.

I still think he's overstepped the mark, mind you, and certainly hasn't produced in a fashion that's earned him the privilege of getting D'Antoni cut. Especially when you consider that a lot of teammates were/are/remain big MD advocates.

The Melo-drama surges forth.

i just think this is a major step in the right direction.

I think it definitely can be a major step in the right direction, but it will be a very, very rough ride if things turn sour. The day Dolan bolts, I'm buying 3 first class tickets for you, iSaYughh and myself and we're gonna watch a Knicks game at MSG and do cocaine off the heads of midgets.:peace:

When we start playing better under Woodson than we did under D'Ant I'm sure many fake fans will leave and follow D'Ant like those cock suckers followed Gallo's seaman trail to Denver. That will truly be some good times.

We just blew a team out without D'ant and people are still supporting him, that same team would have probably beaten us or we would have narrowly escape with a win if he was still coaching. move on already, lol

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'm glad this happened when it did. I was depressed watching this team. So many inexcusable things happened because of him.

I was gonna say that the only thing sad about him being gone is he was the last part of the team from when I started watching NBA and the Knicks full-time (2008), but Jeffries is with the team, so whatever. I finally felt good about the time again last night.

pat

Starter
Every front office that sides with a player against a coach is in for some big shit storm, regardless of who the coach is. This is Dolan's call again (lack of willingness to trade Melo). Whenever he decided something, we were in for a mess even though it looked promising to some at first (e.g. signing Melo).