Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

Superstar

Default Anyone can update or change Wikipedia

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Alright i just read up Mike D antoni on wikipedia to see how fast people updated the info and it says former head coach of NYK etc and he announced his resignment, but then it says this?

"Events surrounding allegations of criminal sexual conduct from his prior engagements as a volunteer youth basketball coach ultimatley lead to his departure."

WTF LOL thats funny its obviously not true
    You are right. Prob just someone who hates D"Antoni put that there. i expect it will be down soon enough

I am not going to lie, when i came back from school today i was jumping around but its sad he had to resign i would've rather him ride it out and resigning shows just how much of a headache the situation was. In a weird way im going to miss him since it has been 4 years he has been here and feels weird that he is leaving.

Veteran

“Dolan is blaming the coach,” said a source with knowledge of the Knicks’ locker-room dynamics. “Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A’mare [Stoudemire] – guys who came to play for Mike – or that system – are pissed. [Jeremy] Lin isn’t happy either.”

they couldn't take it anymore....lol
    I don't blame them at all...

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    I Hope You Mother ****ers Are Happy... Now We Will See Who You Point Your Finger @

Yup. Let's see where they point the fingers at now.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I think MDA got a bum deal with the Knicks! For those people on this forum that are cheering and think we will get a different high profile coach like Phil Jackson or even Jerry Sloan are sadly mistaken. Neither one of these coaches will come to NY as long as Isiah lurks in the background with a direct pipeline to Dolan's ear! Jackson demands full autonomy over his personnel, as does Sloan. There is no way in hell they will put up with what MDA did and that is a fact.
    We lost a great GM in Walsh because of the Dolan/Isiah tandem and MDA never got the team he wanted. Yes, he got Stat but it was said countless times that Walsh and MDA didn't want Melo especially at the price they ended up paying. I would love Jerry Sloan to take over the coaching reigns!!! Think he would be a great coach for the Knicks but Dolan HAS to stop tinkering and let the coach and GM work out what players they want and how they want to shape the team. If not, we will be watching this garbage basketball for years to come!!!
    alright the fact is D antoni could of have his dream roster and he still wouldnt and couldnt win a championship

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    “Dolan is blaming the coach,” said a source with knowledge of the Knicks’ locker-room dynamics. “Tyson [Chandler], Baron [Davis], A’mare [Stoudemire] – guys who came to play for Mike – or that system – are pissed. [Jeremy] Lin isn’t happy either.”

Sounds like players that wanted to play for D'antoni are upset. Who couldn't take it anymore?

Veteran

Village idiot brooms himself!!! Don't let the door hitya Damnphonny!!!!

Superstar

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Again: Why would Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan or any coach who has accomplished anything want in on this dumpster fire? Calipari is totally next.
    Yeah. Exactly. This couldn't have happened at a worse time than it did.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

It's saying those players were, and are, behind D'antoni...and pissed he's gone.............smh.

But hey, Dolan was behind this. Ain't that a surprise?

Just saw it....thank God

Veteran

Under .500 with as much talent as is on this roster you gotta go

Veteran

Originally Posted by kinein
    Sounds like players that wanted to play for D'antoni are upset. Who couldn't take it anymore?
    No better post could represent the disconnect between reality and what a lot of people here have whipped up in their heads.....

Veteran

you're probably right, iSaYughh . But I'm so delirious right now it dosen't even matter. lol my bad, and thanks for the correction

Dolan manned up and seen that long term DanKony was a prick to the players who couldn't adjust to his system and his stubborn ways would lead to our team collapsing and underachieving. We gave him a great roster and he gives us 18-24. Melo doesn't go from best scorer in the league, to a guy no one wants shooting the ball, its insane.