MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
LOL! Your gonna give a guy ONE game to decide whether this Star belongs?!

Man f*ck you

And f*ck these forums bro :teeth:

KBlack25

Starter
I mean, get rid off MDA will not solve the problems Knicks are facing. It only serves as a temporary relief.

I was agreeing with you.

Losing MDA is a possible cog in the wheel that fixes this team, but it's not the answer in and of itself.

iSaYughh

Starter
Yeah you're right

7-1 without Melo

2-8 once he gets back

Melo clearly not the issue.

Right. It's not a pure talent thing. Melo obviously can be a winner and be a huge asset for a team.

The problem was Melo came back and he chose himself (and how he wants to play) vs a true commitment to the team and coach. And the very ways that led to that 7-1 run, despite not having the pure talent level that Melo obviously brings.

Imagine if Melo wasn't such a punk? Coulda been big things.

Any system or team will look shit when there is legit mutiny from within.

STAT said yesterday I think that each game D'antoni gave a offensive and defensive gameplan for that game; and that every player must buy into it as 1, or you will see the shit and chaos that we had been seeing.

Wonder if he was alluding to anyone?

This won't bode well for Lin, who already had D'antoni's back and was getting shit from Melo because Lin was sticking to the team's gameplan and not going along with Melo improving and deviating on his own.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Indeed a sad day. Firing or "forced" resignation of D'antoni only takes care the symptom of the problem and the easiest way out. I think Melo knew about this or he wouldnt make that statement earlier about staying in NY....just guessing tho.

Pre-emptive media work to protect himself from the back-lash?

My thoughts about the game are now anythings possible. Mike Woodson could just go with Melo Amare Baron Davis Chandler JR Smith?

KBlack25

Starter
7-1 without best player

2-8 with best player

Obviously a coaching issue.

Or maybe Melo just doesn't get along with teammates, doesn't run the plays called (already shown he doesn't), and is a whiny crybaby (see: last year forcing his way out of Denver).

Any coincidence Karl wasted no time bashing Melo's effort on the way out?

If we are 7-1 without the best player and 2-8 with him, that guy can hit the road. Ws are what matter.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Again: Why would Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan or any coach who has accomplished anything want in on this dumpster fire? Calipari is totally next.

Totally agree! Like I said in my earlier post, no way in hell does Jackson or Sloan come here with an owner like Dolan!

Isiah has a plan, I just wonder what it involves!

isiah_thomas-735943.jpg

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Someone posted it on RealGM as his reaction to Donetoni leaving, LMAO:

tumblr_lxtxlainQu1r9ddhno1_250.gif

@Marc_Berman: Linsanity is really over under Woodson.

Or maybe Melo just doesn't get along with teammates, doesn't run the plays called (already shown he doesn't), and is a whiny crybaby (see: last year forcing his way out of Denver).

Any coincidence Karl wasted no time bashing Melo's effort on the way out?

If we are 7-1 without the best player and 2-8 with him, that guy can hit the road. Ws are what matter.

Good point your right, If all the intangible's about him are right then him being our best player with that attitude would definitely mess our chemistry up.

udgnim

Rookie
D'antoni seriously should have done this first

tell A'mare & Carmelo to stay home

have Lin and the rest of of the team run his system the way it's supposed to be run, then resign after the Portland game

if Knicks win, he leaves showing he's not the sole reason for the Knicks problems

if Knicks lose, /shrug not like they've been winning

at least try going out with guns ablazing instead of on a whimper

jimkcchief88

All Star
This is funny; Damnphony has a losing record as the Knicks coach in year 4 of his tenure and people are still defending him. First it was "get him some players". Now its "the players fault." You are called HEADCOACH for a reason people. Fish stinks from the head and the rest of the cliches he had to go!!!

KBlack25

Starter
This is funny; Damnphony has a losing record as the Knicks coach in year 4 of his tenure and people are still defending him. First it was "get him some players". Now its "the players fault." You are called HEADCOACH for a reason people. Fish stinks from the head and the rest of the cliches he had to go!!!

7-1 with his guys running his system

2-8 with Melo messing it up.

wynton

Rookie
I just listened to some vile rantings from Stephen A, who said that Lin had everything to do with the firing.

Here is his contorted reasoning. Basically said that Lin had license from D'Antoni to ignore Carmelo - and sometimes didn't give it to Melo in isolation situations -- and that was a large reason why D'Antoni was fired. Further, Smith thought the firing was justified for this reason.

But the premise is wrong. In my view, Lin fed the ball to Melo plenty. Melo has been getting plenty of shots. It's not Lin's fault - or D'Antoni's - that Melo was shooting bricks.

Wargames

Starter
D'antoni seriously should have done this first

tell A'mare & Carmelo to stay home

have Lin and the rest of of the team run his system the way it's supposed to be run, then resign after the Portland game

if Knicks win, he leaves showing he's not the sole reason for the Knicks problems

if Knicks lose, /shrug not like they've been winning

at least try going out with guns ablazing instead of on a whimper

lol man going out guns a blaze is not D'antoni's style dude is passive aggressive when he is Mad.