MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

iSaYughh

Starter
Lin will be fine - he will just go with what Woodson wants.

Its as if you have completely forgotten that Lin is a team-player and listens to his coaching. If you have paid attention to anything Lin has done since he was a H.S. basketball player - you will know that he does whatever is asked and more.

Lin was doing so well here, and liked D'antoni so much....because he was successful under D'antoni's system when the entire team played within it. This was when Melo was out, FYI.

D'antoni is gone, and management chose Team Melo over Team D'antoni.

You think Woodson will run a system like D'antoni? Or something to cater to Melo even more?

Obv Lin won't be a punk like Melo. But if you are Lin, you are not happy, and you are worried right now.

edit -- basically all I'm saying is: would you want to play for a franchise that turned its back on the person you liked most, and attributed your success for; and stood behind the player you prolly like least, and was already beefing with you BEFORE he got his way and had the coaching change.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
New Season

I expect that Melo will be fully engaged tonight, both offensively and defensively. He will try to prove that the system, and not he, was the problem. It will be interestting to see who starts. Will Baron staart over Lin? Will Shumpert start over Fields? How much of the D'antoni system will be abandoned? How much ISO for Melo?

Portland played last night, and badly. I think we will kill them. I will reserve judgment otherwise until after the two games with the Pacers. I remain sceptical about both Melo and Amare'.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Smith is a ****in fool.

The reason Lin wasn't giving to Melo was because Melo was deviating from the team gameplan and offense that MDA had set up for the team, and which the team (Melo) aside had bought into.

Lin committed to coach and team (and winning), and didn't bend over Melo being lazy and not doing what he was supposed to do.

Melo chose himself and what he wanted.

Simple.

The team, and our franchie, is now worse off.

And how can people not see the striking similarity between how we looked and played on our win streak/renaissance with the best of how we looked last year, pre-Melo The difference being we now had a legit C who gave us the defensive boost we needed.

Nice post, I agree!

kinein

Benchwarmer
Lin was doing so well here, and liked D'antoni so much....because he was successful under D'antoni's system when the entire team played within it. This was when Melo was out, FYI.

D'antoni is gone, and management chose Team Melo over Team D'antoni.

You think Woodson will run a system like D'antoni? Or something to cater to Melo even more?

Obv Lin won't be a punk like Melo. That isn't the point. But if you are Lin, you are not happy, and you are worried right now.

Hmm, whats the worst that could happen?

Amare Melo BDavis Chandler JR Smith 1st unit?

Lin Novak Landry Jeffries Chandler Jordan JR Smith 2nd unit?

I actually want that - 2nd unit will drop massive amount of points.

I think all the haters need to see The impact of a separated floor - one with Lin and one with Melo.

Many of us have identified the lack of hustle. The Melo Island work.

If this coach wants to hold Melo accountable - he will bench him. Bench Amare if he doesn't rebound.

iSaYughh

Starter
Here are the rest of the teams they beat: Washington, Toronto, Sacramento, and New Orleans and then lost to the NETS.

Lol stop covering. You said YOU KNEW we didn't beat anyone good.

We beat the Lakers, the defending champs, and the Wolves. Just to name three.

Just admit you were extremely, extremely wrong and didn't remember good :lol:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Well now that you don't have D'antoni to crucify - you are left with Melo - win or lose :) If Melo has any sense of shame he will start hustling and not slack off. So I have and have been expecting Melo to improve and he has been - will continue to do so.

Look how you're already blaming EVERYTHING on Melo even though the TEAM has to go out tonight ad do things like:

Execute
Rebound
Defend
Make shots

iSaYughh

Starter
Washington, Toronto, Sac-town, New Orleans and a loss to the NETS.

OOOOpppps!!!!

Stop being so dense. You are looking in vintage form right now, back when Metro or abcd would skewer you...like a mongoose to snake?

You said you knew we played nobodies. You were wrong. Extremely wrong.

KBlack25

Starter
True.

How about the fact that the Knicks don't have a single win against a team on the road with an above .500 record?

Obviously that includes the time STAT and Melo missed as well.

And obviously that has nothing to do with the players on the floor either...

The problems might have partially been MDA, but losing him doesn't begin to solve all of them.

quiggle

Starter
Wojnarowski on Jim Rome: D'Antoni did not lose the locker room. It's basically the locker room vs Melo.

thats why it makes sense to immediately bring back Isiah because he has experience dealing with these situations before, with Marbury doing the same in 08

iSaYughh

Starter
Look how you're already blaming EVERYTHING on Melo even though the TEAM has to go out tonight ad do things like:

Execute
Rebound
Defend
Make shots

Tough to do those things when there is chaos and discord within the team and the system being run, because a major player is basically defying it, no, and doing his own thing?

Which is what was happening. Which is why NYK players have repeatedly said the team will look like shit (vs how it did during our win streak) when there isn't a team commitment.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Stop being so dense. You are looking in vintage form right now, back when Metro or abcd would skewer you...like a mongoose to snake?

You said you knew we played nobodies. You were wrong. Extremely wrong.

We beat more nobodies than sombodies you dig??? Never was dense, never will be