Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Mike D'Antoni appreciation thread

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Stabury's winning in China, and laughing at Antoni!
    Wow .420 how symbolic lol

Originally Posted by Wargames
    same question right back at you. Are you an executive who works closely with Dolan and knows what he does? Because your conspiracy theories would have a lot more weight to them if you were. If anything you could argue this was all to give Mike Woodson a chance to win as the Knicks coach but lets be honest here. This team is all sorts of dysfunctional so I'm not sure we even make the playoffs right now.
    well you tell me what coach resigns 20 game left in the season and team is fighting for playoff spot? what coach would jump ship, no Dantoni was fired and was told to say he resigned like Lenny Wilkens did. Don Chaney ask him also.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    well you tell me what coach resigns 20 game left in the season and team is fighting for playoff spot? what coach would jump ship, no Dantoni was fired and was told to say he resigned like Lenny Wilkens did. Don Chaney ask him also.
    I am not talking about that man, I am talking about you saying Isiah gave the command to fire him. The knicks have played some really bad basketball lately and have seem rudderless. The rotation has been erratic and there were no signs of improvement. So why must Isiah be a shadow puppeteer when it comes to D'antoni being fired. All the signs point to either the FO being fed up and/or Melo just saying "enough is enough, D'antoni sucks" being the catalyst for D'antoni being fired. This same situation happened in Sacramento earlier this year and no one thought it was a conspiracy.

not a fan of mr.pringles neither i believe that his system can win a championship although he did deserve to be in the finals with the suns once....good luck to him....

now lets see what someone else can do with our lazy superstars...

If D'Antoni ends up with the Clippers next year...look out. He'll probably end up with Portland which is a team that could flourish with D'Antoni.

I had problems with some of his approach, but D'Antoni certainly was a good soldier.

For a couple of years, he coached a team of misfits. As soon as he experienced a small degree of success last year, the team was dismantled. He never complained in public. And this year he's again had an impossible task, expected to create a team with a constant-changing roster (including some with selfish reps). Meanwhile, the players knew he was just a lame-deck.

I feel sorry for him, but I probably shouldn't. He had a very-high paying job and will probably land another one eventually.

All in all, he's pretty classy.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    I'm all in with this post. + rep brother

There is 20 games left, playoffs in reach.. He was fired. He didn't just 'resign'.

Originally Posted by wynton
    I had problems with some of his approach, but D'Antoni certainly was a good soldier.

For a couple of years, he coached a team of misfits. As soon as he experienced a small degree of success last year, the team was dismantled. He never complained in public. And this year he's again had an impossible task, expected to create a team with a constant-changing roster (including some with selfish reps). Meanwhile, the players knew he was just a lame-deck.

I feel sorry for him, but I probably shouldn't. He had a very-high paying job and will probably land another one eventually.

All in all, he's pretty classy.
    I do appreciate MDA regardless of this threads intended sarcasm!

He gave it a go, it didn't work out, glad to see he left now instead of clinging on until the bitter end.

I've said all along I like MDA as a coach just not for the Knicks.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    If D'Antoni ends up with the Clippers next year...look out. He'll probably end up with Portland which is a team that could flourish with D'Antoni.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Marc Jackson is **** canned either in the somewhat near futur.

Veteran

Thanks for coaching us through some tough times, Coach D'Antoni. In the long run, things didn't work out cause it just wasn't be, but we had some fun along the way. Hope you land on your feet.

whoever appreciated Dantoni is a damn fool.

that is all

Originally Posted by blahwoop
    GG D'antoni. If the Knicks still suck after he is fired, it is going to be all on Melo because he basically got D'antoni fired.

Not a fan of D'antoni or Melo, just a fan of the Knicks.
    Exactly and wonder how many more coachs will melo get fired?

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    whoever appreciated Dantoni has a fair and reasonable outlook on life.
    that is all
    Very true.

that is all
    I appreciate that he decided to coach the Knicks through tough times, especially after being named COY. I understand he left Phoenix for more $$$, but props for coming here and staying multiple years while we were getting rid of all the mess Isiah left... I'm happy he left but respect for dealining with Dolan for more than three years, any other succesful coach (because MDA was succesful before he came here) would pack his bags right after Dolan jumped in and made the call to land Carmelo.

Superstar

that is all