How long until we see a different Knicks?

smokes

Huge Member
How long do you guys think until we see the Knicks playing a different game?

Do you think the Knicks will immediately become a more defensive team?

Will Mike Woodson bench STAT/Melo if they suck as hard as they have done recently?

I'm really excited to see how the Knicks will play following the coaching change I guess we won't see a huge difference in todays game but I wonder how long it will take to come about.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Some players just have a hard time playing defense & it has nothing to do with the coach, there just not good defenders period.

Woodson if he is going to be our headcoach, it will be interesting well probably see a more defensive scheme, hell maybe we'll see some zone defense, maybe less switching etc cant wait for this game tonight

I think we will see more running the ball through AMARE&MELO & maybe new rotations on the floor

Thank you based god Dantoni is gone :raise:

iSaYughh

Starter
Since Woodson is an inferior coach to D'antoni, and since the majority of Knick players' supported MDA (and played very well under him), I suspect us to be worse, pretty much across the board.

A best case scenario: Melo plays as well as he ever has. The rest of the team stagnates, but doesn't get too much worse. We never pose much of a threat to any of the true juggernauts in the league (with MDA we would have had a punchers' chance, even with inferior talent, as has been proved both this season and last, pre-Melo), and pretty soon we will deal with the albatross contracts of Amare and his aging knees, and Melo playing our franchise like he played DEN during a looming contract year.

We will not be winning a championship anytime soon.

And unlike pre-Melo, when we weren't that great (mainly bc we just lacked obvious shit), we were fun, on the rise, had an identity, and had a true plan.

We are in close to the worst situation possible. We won't be moving on up, and we won't be tearing down to have a chance at building up for years.

Isiah 2.0: The Redux.

The coup de gras being D'antoni's exit, tethered to Dolan and his organizational paw pints, sequentially following the likewise resignation of Walsh for precisely the same shit.

The next round of excuses will be something like: "D'antoni messed up these players' so bad they still can't win a chip".

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Since Woodson is an inferior coach to D'antoni, and since the majority of Knick players' supported MDA (and played very well under him), I suspect us to be worse, pretty much across the board.

A best case scenario: Melo plays as well as he ever has. The rest of the team stagnates, but doesn't get too much worse. We never pose much of a threat to any of the true juggernauts in the league (with MDA we would have had a punchers' chance, even with inferior talent, as has been proved both this season and last, pre-Melo), and pretty soon we will deal with the albatross contracts of Amare and his aging knees, and Melo playing our franchise like he played DEN during a looming contract year.

And unlike pre-Melo, when we weren't that great (mainly bc we just lacked obvious shit), we were fun, on the rise, had an identity, and had a true plan.

We are in close to the worst situation possible. We won't be moving on up, and we won't be tearing down to have a chance at building up for years.

The coup de gras being D'antoni's exit, tethered to Dolan and his organizational paw pints, sequentially following the likewise resignation of Walsh for precisely the same shit.

The next round of excuses will be something like: "D'antoni messed up these players' so bad they still can't win a chip".

You Trolling right?

How long do you guys think until we see the Knicks playing a different game?

Do you think the Knicks will immediately become a more defensive team?

Will Mike Woodson bench STAT/Melo if they suck as hard as they have done recently?

I'm really excited to see how the Knicks will play following the coaching change I guess we won't see a huge difference in todays game but I wonder how long it will take to come about.

I saw STAT post up and Chandler post up in this game. Both went for baskets. More of this and I'm fine...

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Depends how motivated Stat and melo are playing defence every night.

If they play like they do against blazers then we will be very good.

If they go back to their old habits it won't matter what coach we have.

Woodson has his plate full motivating these guys.

You sure you want to go here?

MDA had more talent in Phoenix than Woody had in ATL and did bupkis.

MDA groomed a young STAT on offense only. A kid right out of HS.

MDA had the best PG on the planet and WON NOTHING.

MDA ahhh **** it. If you need more Holla...

smokes

Huge Member
I understand people like iSayUghhh, rono, KBlack, jpz etc might be upset we parted ways with MDA. However Woodson did a great job tonight so you guys should support him!

I think everyone knew that MDA would be gone at some point within the next 6 months, personally I'm glad it happened sooner rather than later purely so we can see where we go from here now instead of in the summer.

I understand people like iSayUghhh, rono, KBlack, jpz etc might be upset we parted ways with MDA. However Woodson did a great job tonight so you guys should support him!

I think everyone knew that MDA would be gone at some point within the next 6 months, personally I'm glad it happened sooner rather than later purely so we can see where we go from here now instead of in the summer.

I dont understand the unwavering support of such a flawed head coach. You gou Isayahh who criticizes STAT, yet wont face the fact that MDA was the one who groomed him RIGHT OUT OF HS. If MDA was on his job STAT would be a beast in all facets of the game. This is just one instance where these guys arent looking at the whole picture...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

We certainly won't be winning a chip, my friend. That much was decided the day Dolan destroyed that identity and plan.

You're spot on there. Though the season's not over yet, and we have a lot of talent on this roster.

Whatever happens from here on out, rests on the effort, mentality, preparation, desire and execution of STAT and Melo.

Very interesting times ahead for this team.

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;219536 said:
We certainly won't be winning a chip, my friend. That much was decided the day Dolan destroyed that identity and plan.

You're spot on there. Though the season's not over yet, and we have a lot of talent on this roster.

Whatever happens from here on out, rests on the effort, mentality, preparation, desire and execution of STAT and Melo.

Very interesting times ahead for this team.

Sorry but I can't comprehend the negativity, today of all days.

All along our roster has been Championship calibre. When Melo plays D and commits and when STAT attempts to play D and doesn't foul out this team is just crazy.

There's no reason we can't win it all (I'm not saying this year). Already we saw the balance this team needs. Melo and STAT played very little and they got plenty of touches, mostly within the flow of the offense but a few ISO's to appease their needs. Lin had less touches but was still very effective.

Wargames

Starter
I know that the NBA Cares but I doubt the other 29 teams in the league are feeling that charitable.

:teeth: but really though I think they will try to use douglas and/ walker as pieces to roundout somebody else's trade. the payment for making the money match.... a early second rounder.