Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL Unlucky Brooklyn Nets

Default LOL Unlucky Brooklyn Nets

Deron Williams has confirmed that he will not opt-in as Dwight Howard did with the Magic on Thursday.

"I will not op-in," said Williams. "It's not monkey see, monkey do."

Williams also said that he wants to retire with whichever team he commits to in free agency.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Pretty much, unless D12 tells Deron he's gonna sign there in 2013, the Nets are done. Sorry fellas!

Nets gon' be nets.

Veteran

Now that they have Gerald Wallace...can they convince Deron to stay?

Lol, doubt it.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Now that they have Gerald Wallace...can they convince Deron to stay?

Lol, doubt it.
    LOLLL

As funny as this sounds, getting Gerald Wallace might make the Nets have one of the scariest frontcourts in the NBA. Wallace is joining a frontcourt that already has two borderline all-stars in Kris Kardashian and B.Lopez. Put those three talents together and they might equal one Dwight Howard.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Pretty much, unless D12 tells Deron he's gonna sign there in 2013, the Nets are done. Sorry fellas!
    they will have cap space and New York City to offer but it doesnt look like D Will or any other star will go there anytime soon...

Embarrassing for Prokorov

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    As funny as this sounds, getting Gerald Wallace might make the Nets have one of the scariest frontcourts in the NBA. Wallace is joining a frontcourt that already has two borderline all-stars in Kris Kardashian and B.Lopez. Put those three talents together and they might equal one Dwight Howard.
    Wallace will definitely make the Nets a better team, they do have a nice frontline but I still dont think they're a playoff team even if they started the season like this. And Wallace has already slowed down a little, DWill will be going to the Mavs. Prokherov hopefully will off his on switch

Doesn't matter how much you hate the Kardashian guy he averages a double-double. Wallace is solid and Lopez can be way above average if healthy. Give them a normal offseason and they can become one the toughest frontcourts in the East.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Doesn't matter how much you hate the Kardashian guy he averages a double-double. Wallace is solid and Lopez can be way above average if healthy. Give them a normal offseason and they can become one the toughest frontcourts in the East.
    Humpries isn't a great player his numbers are definitely inflated. He's good for sure but his stats outweigh his quality. I see his numbers dipping with Wallace in town.

Veteran

Kris Humphries is a statpadder - he's been known for it for years. He did it at Minnesota where he grabbed tons of rebounds and yet was criticized for not really doing anything to help the team win, and my hunch is that he's doing it in NJ too, can't really verify that without watching the games though.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Kris Humphries is a statpadder - he's been known for it for years. He did it at Minnesota where he grabbed tons of rebounds and yet was criticized for not really doing anything to help the team win, and my hunch is that he's doing it in NJ too, can't really verify that without watching the games though.
    I watch and he's been big in a lot of games. He's got a solid mid-range shot too.

Brooklyn or not, Nets will forever be the other New York team. No superstar will want to land there.

What other teams have the cap space to land Deron? I have a funny feeling he'll be back in a nets uni next year. I think he'll back into a deal, but if I'm correct there aren't any teams with cap space for a max contract that would be much better options for him. If the nets can sign and trade him into draft pick or players i think they are ok going forward. I don't get the humphries hate on this thread, hes been outstanding all year. Stat padding... maybe... but he is no joke. If lopez is ever healthy, he and kris are perfect complements.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Danilo
    What other teams have the cap space to land Deron? I have a funny feeling he'll be back in a nets uni next year. I think he'll back into a deal, but if I'm correct there aren't any teams with cap space for a max contract that would be much better options for him. If the nets can sign and trade him into draft pick or players i think they are ok going forward. I don't get the humphries hate on this thread, hes been outstanding all year. Stat padding... maybe... but he is no joke. If lopez is ever healthy, he and kris are perfect complements.
    I was thinking the same thing, the guy plays his *ss off, a double double, is a double double.I'm one of the biggest Knick fans you'll meet, but when the Nets get here, i'll be rooting for them also, hell, i live only 5 minutes from Atlantic and flatbush AVE.

Veteran

Brooklyn is the wrong place for a losing team to go. If they are winning...they'll have their share of supporters because Brooklyn has been wanting a sports franchise to root for since the Dodgers left. If they suck... best believe they will be laughed out of town.

I don't know about the future of the team as far as DWill and Howard goes... but, I do know the Nets have deep pockets and a town that will put pressure on them from day 1.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Their arrival to the city will also inspire the Knicks to play better... like they are #1 bball team in the city.