Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

Hybrid View

Default Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

Just read this article and wanted your input:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Yup.

I pointed this out in the MDA thread, too.

We as fans should be even more afraid, however, of the longterm outlook of the team.

People are blowing this out of proportion. Actually, the whole concept of a "system" is being blown out of proportion. There's still a game of basketball being played out there. There's a flow that happens, there's loose balls, steals, transition layups and 3's, pick and rolls- Lin can make a lot of plays simply by being out on the court. Woodson has seen how talented he is & how the fans love him. Lin, still being a PG w/ Woodson as coach will still handle the ball a lot so I would not worry about this too much.

if Lin is this so called -ALLSTAR SPECTACULAR PG- everyone hypes him up to be why should Lin be worried or anybody else be worried. Me personally i think Lin will adjust just fine he's a smart kid

Definitely he has to worry a little but the writer doesn't know nba basketball.

Here's a excerpt

"In a more conventional offense, the point guard is called upon to beat his man off the dribble in a one-on-one (or isolation) situation and penetrate to the basket for a pass or a shot. This requires foot speed and leaping ability, as well as mercurial ball handling. Nash was lacking in those departments, and Lin may be even more limited in those areas Lin may be a quick study, but you simply canít teach the foot speed of a Chris Paul or the rock-solid handle of a Deron Williams."

Are you kidding me? NBA points go iso 1:1 all the time to start the offense? Every team does pick and roll. We got killed by Parker and Rose when they went pick and roll.

Also I don't even think we were running 100% of Dantoni's PHX system. I remember the PHX teams use to jack up tons of 3rd pointers. TONS. Yes they did use to shoot 6 seconds in to the clock and had the pedal to the metal all the time. These Knicks have none of that. They didn't have the personnel to run like that. It's more of a half court team

Lin has nothing to worry about. He's a good PG, he will get minutes. He may not be the starter or 35 mpg guy anymore but that's not the end of the world.

Sorry to say but Lin never was an All Star. Not yet anyway. I said it during the Linsanity and people were all over my dick for saying he wouldn't play like an all-star all season. Lin still has years to grow and develop into a great NBA PG and I'd rather he did it under a coach who wasn't famed for inflating his PG's.

Lin can be given credit on his own merit now.

no, he got his chance to shine and show what he is capable of and he's going to get millions of dollars because of it

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Yup.

I pointed this out in the MDA thread, too.

We as fans should be even more afraid, however, of the longterm outlook of the team.
    LOL @ people worried that Lin will only be a star instead of a superstar. Last I checked it only matters if we win. We weren't winning under Dumbtoni and we would NEVER win under him. Thank god he's gone and that we now have a coach that will hold our team/coaches accountable.

F the Knicks, F its fans. F Carmelo for killing linsanity. I probably said this somewhere but I'll say it again. I haven't watched basketball since MJ era. Now the Knicks have Jeremy Lin, you basically have a diamond in the rough. Blah blah, Jeremy has captured my interest in basketball again. In Feb, I bought NBA league pass just like a fool knowing that Carmelo will ruin it for Lin. If your owner knows that Jeremy can bring in millions and millions of dollars for your team..YOU should build your team around him. Obviously Jeremy is more than capable to shine when given the opportunity. Now your dumb coach will make Carmelo and Amare their focal point. You want to know what I got to say about that?? F both of them. TRADE Jeremy to a subpar .500 team and make him a focal point w Chandler and I guarantee they will have a winning team. Not only they will have a winning season because Jeremy is a WINNER, but that team/owner will be rich b$tch. This is a fact. New York, you don't deserve that!All you deserve is your Melo/Amare drama. Oh wait, I can wait a couple more years. He won't stay with the Knicks because there are other team that will pay more for his service. Because he is a cash cow and a WINNER.

Originally Posted by linstantwinner
    F the Knicks, F its fans. F Carmelo for killing linsanity. I probably said this somewhere but I'll say it again. I haven't watched basketball since MJ era. Now the Knicks have Jeremy Lin, you basically have a diamond in the rough. Blah blah, Jeremy has captured my interest in basketball again. In Feb, I bought NBA league pass just like a fool knowing that Carmelo will ruin it for Lin. If your owner knows that Jeremy can bring in millions and millions of dollars for your team..YOU should build your team around him. Obviously Jeremy is more than capable to shine when given the opportunity. Now your dumb coach will make Carmelo and Amare their focal point. You want to know what I got to say about that?? F both of them. TRADE Jeremy to a subpar .500 team and make him a focal point w Chandler and I guarantee they will have a winning team. Not only they will have a winning season because Jeremy is a WINNER, but that team/owner will be rich b$tch. This is a fact. New York, you don't deserve that!All you deserve is your Melo/Amare drama. Oh wait, I can wait a couple more years. He won't stay with the Knicks because there are other team that will pay more for his service. Because he is a cash cow and a WINNER.
    Hahaha... Relax dude.

Lin is a good player no doubt but he's not going to carry a team long term at this stage in his career. He needs time to develop and grow and he has a great opportunity to do that here under the tutelage of Baron Davis. Lin has plenty of years left to win in NY.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Hahaha... Relax dude.

Lin is a good player no doubt but he's not going to carry a team long term at this stage in his career. He needs time to develop and grow and he has a great opportunity to do that here under the tutelage of Baron Davis. Lin has plenty of years left to win in NY.

If Lin has to carry the Knicks that we are in serious trouble......
    Lets just hope Melo shines with Woodson's offense,,,,,,,,Lin is smart and will know where to adjust his game,,,,,,,Tomorrow night against a solid Pacer team will be a good test if yesterdays game was a huge fluke

Originally Posted by smokes
    Hahaha... Relax dude.

You don't understand, there are people around the world including myself are willing to PAY to watch him play. He is bigger than Carmelo and the Knicks. I'm sure he has nothing to worry about because other teams i.e Golden State Warriors/Sacramento/New Orleans can use him. ALL he need is someone like Chandler to run the pick and roll all day in your FACE!

You don't understand, there are people around the world including myself are willing to PAY to watch him play. He is bigger than Carmelo and the Knicks. I'm sure he has nothing to worry about because other teams i.e Golden State Warriors/Sacramento/New Orleans can use him. ALL he need is someone like Chandler to run the pick and roll all day in your FACE!
    I'm surprised that you haven't watched basketball for nearly 20 years, because your knowledge of the game seems flawless...

Superstar

Wow, i take a day off, and gotta come back to this,SMGDH.What's this guy

Agree 110%.
    I stopped watching the knicks after Ewing left.

If Lin is gone, i would stop watching Knicks basketball and i'm sure many here would feel the same.

WHY DO THE KNICKS ALWAYS FOCK UP A GOOD THING?

We baby 2 so call fake stars that can't play defense or finish in the paint.