Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

iSaYughh

Starter
Yup.

I pointed this out in the MDA thread, too.

We as fans should be even more afraid, however, of the longterm outlook of the team.

People are blowing this out of proportion. Actually, the whole concept of a "system" is being blown out of proportion. There's still a game of basketball being played out there. There's a flow that happens, there's loose balls, steals, transition layups and 3's, pick and rolls- Lin can make a lot of plays simply by being out on the court. Woodson has seen how talented he is & how the fans love him. Lin, still being a PG w/ Woodson as coach will still handle the ball a lot so I would not worry about this too much.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
if Lin is this so called -ALLSTAR SPECTACULAR PG- everyone hypes him up to be why should Lin be worried or anybody else be worried. Me personally i think Lin will adjust just fine he's a smart kid

udgnim

Rookie
no, he got his chance to shine and show what he is capable of and he's going to get millions of dollars because of it

chupchup

Rookie
Definitely he has to worry a little but the writer doesn't know nba basketball.

Here's a excerpt

"In a more conventional offense, the point guard is called upon to beat his man off the dribble in a one-on-one (or isolation) situation and penetrate to the basket for a pass or a shot. This requires foot speed and leaping ability, as well as mercurial ball handling. Nash was lacking in those departments, and Lin may be even more limited in those areas Lin may be a quick study, but you simply can?t teach the foot speed of a Chris Paul or the rock-solid handle of a Deron Williams."

Are you kidding me? NBA points go iso 1:1 all the time to start the offense? Every team does pick and roll. We got killed by Parker and Rose when they went pick and roll.

Also I don't even think we were running 100% of Dantoni's PHX system. I remember the PHX teams use to jack up tons of 3rd pointers. TONS. Yes they did use to shoot 6 seconds in to the clock and had the pedal to the metal all the time. These Knicks have none of that. They didn't have the personnel to run like that. It's more of a half court team

smokes

Huge Member
Lin has nothing to worry about. He's a good PG, he will get minutes. He may not be the starter or 35 mpg guy anymore but that's not the end of the world.

Sorry to say but Lin never was an All Star. Not yet anyway. I said it during the Linsanity and people were all over my dick for saying he wouldn't play like an all-star all season. Lin still has years to grow and develop into a great NBA PG and I'd rather he did it under a coach who wasn't famed for inflating his PG's.

Lin can be given credit on his own merit now.

MetalDemon

Benchwarmer
Lin has nothing to worry about. He's a good PG, he will get minutes. He may not be the starter or 35 mpg guy anymore but that's not the end of the world.

Sorry to say but Lin never was an All Star. Not yet anyway. I said it during the Linsanity and people were all over my dick for saying he wouldn't play like an all-star all season. Lin still has years to grow and develop into a great NBA PG and I'd rather he did it under a coach who wasn't famed for inflating his PG's.

Lin can be given credit on his own merit now.

My thoughts exactly.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Good player do well in any system. Pos garbage player( Carmelo ) does well ONLY in a system that fits his lazy ass. Lin have nothing to worry about. Melo should be very worry. Knicks will continue to lose game and his sorry ass is the next to go.

Whosaidthat

Benchwarmer
I think it matters not. He's proven his worth, he's not a superstar but definitely decent enough to play. I can't wait to see how this kid develops!

tiger0330

Legend
D'Antoni's system had nothing to do with Linsanity. He had a good run because no one knew his game and he was on a hot streak. Happens in baseball especially with pitchers when they look unhittable the first time you face them and you figure them out as the season progresses.

Now they have a book on Lin and guys have seen him on tape and how he's used in the Knicks system, he was bound to come back to earth when the defenses caught up. I agree with the writer about Lin's speed and athleticism compared to guys like Rose and Wall and he is going to have to compensate for that by becoming a Nash like shooter and FT shooter but he's young enough to improve his shooting. I had my doubts about him, but I think he can have a long career in the NBA but maybe not as a star.

LeFlume

All Star
I don't believe the hype. Lin is a below average PG, at best. I wan't more than that. I know you bandwagon fans don't see beyond Linsanity. Basketball people do. Yes he should be worried. Teams cut him for a reason.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Lin is afraid?

IM AFRAID. THE KNICKS SHOULD BE AFRAID.

This guy is a free agent at the end of the year and we could lose him if we don't run the plays he deserves.

The entire team is upset at losing D'Antoni and his style of play. It was winning basketball up until the return of melo. Melo then proceeded to act like a primadonna demanding the ball and shooting bad shots and playing no defence.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Lin is afraid?

IM AFRAID. THE KNICKS SHOULD BE AFRAID.

This guy is a free agent at the end of the year and we could lose him if we don't run the plays he deserves.

The entire team is upset at losing D'Antoni and his style of play. It was winning basketball up until the return of melo. Melo then proceeded to act like a primadonna demanding the ball and shooting bad shots and playing no defence.
of course there upset everyone had the green light to shoot the ball.. exactly how far will that type of offense take you, there is no reason shumpert should be coming up the court taking wild shots, there is no reason Lin should be taking more shots than our stars & there no reason why we should be on a 6 game losing streak

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lest We Forget That Prior to D'Antoni, Jeremy Lin..........

........had a triple-double in the only D-League game he played this season..........

I think Lin will demonstrate it was NOT the offensive system that launched him into stardom. He was and is a great player in which stereotype and associated underestimation held him back.

Heck, he has already become one of the best DEFENSIVE players in the league, playing in a "system" that was likely broken for such play. He is EASILY the best defensive guard ever to play for D'Antoni. (If Steve Nash played half the defense Lin has demonstrated, both he and D'Antoni would have acquired championship hardware in Phoenix.)

http://brokejumper.com/minor-league...ple-double-in-1st-game-for-the-erie-bayhawks/

kinein

Benchwarmer
........had a triple-double in the only D-League game he played this season..........

I think Lin will demonstrate it was NOT the offensive system that launched him into stardom. He was and is a great player in which stereotype and associated underestimation held him back.

Heck, he has already become one of the best DEFENSIVE players in the league, playing in a "system" that was likely broken for such play. He is EASILY the best defensive guard ever to play for D'Antoni. (If Steve Nash played half the defense Lin has demonstrated, both he and D'Antoni would have acquired championship hardware in Phoenix.)

http://brokejumper.com/minor-league...ple-double-in-1st-game-for-the-erie-bayhawks/

Nice points, agree. D'antoni hate influenced opinions on Lin.

They refuse to accept that he did have some monster games in college as well and monster shots.

smokes

Huge Member
Nice points, agree. D'antoni hate influenced opinions on Lin.

They refuse to accept that he did have some monster games in college as well and monster shots.

MDA and Lin are two totally seperate entities.

Funny how "Team Melo" doesn't even seem to know that it was MELO who suggested to MDA in the first place to play Lin (confirmed by Lin).

Don't judge Lin in regards to MDA. Judge Lin by his performances. So far it's been up and down. Overall he's been a better PG than anyone we've had on the roster for the past 4 seasons so we should be pleased :gony:

kinein

Benchwarmer
MDA and Lin are two totally seperate entities.

Funny how "Team Melo" doesn't even seem to know that it was MELO who suggested to MDA in the first place to play Lin (confirmed by Lin).

Don't judge Lin in regards to MDA. Judge Lin by his performances. So far it's been up and down. Overall he's been a better PG than anyone we've had on the roster for the past 4 seasons so we should be pleased :gony:

I think Team Melos that Bash Lin - also missed the part where Melo stated he saw him and Lin as being a Durant Westbrook pair.

The guy that Melo gets along with the MOST is Lin.

He is most comfortable with him and its obvious when you see them communicate. Lin also has enormous respect for Melo and appreciates what Melo brings to the table. The future looks great for the Knicks - I talked about how they finally got over the hump against Chicago - and tonights win validated what I've been talking about.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The article is extremely unfair...hasn't Lin shown himself capable of getting into the lane already this year?

This guy is confusing D'Antoni's Phoenix/Nash years with what Lin was doing in NY.

Lin isn't a good player because he can see the floor and make amazing passes. He can do some of those things, but the reason he's good is because he...oh wait, GOT INTO THE LANE AND BITCHED ON KOBE

Lin's skillset isn't Nash's. Lin isn't a pure shooter like Nash is. Lin isn't some incredible floor general like Nash is. But what he CAN do, is create for his teammates by driving to the basket and seeing the open man. And that's a skillset that fits EVERY system out there.