Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

Veteran

To worry about Lin is to admit you don't trust his game. He'll be fine and he doesn't need a fake coach to boost his stats to guarantee that. He is a pg, a pg is suppose to protect and distribute the rock, right?

Wanting more from him is admitting you don't understand the basics of the game. We were never going to win anything playing the way D'ant wanted us to play. D'ant would have never blew out the Blazers and he probably knew if he lost to them it wasn't going to be nice in the Garden. He had no confidence and booked. The smartest thing he did here was to resign.

Originally Posted by NYallDay
    WTF are you smoking man? Hes not a great player, hes a good player. If Lin is great then what is Kobe or Lebron or Durant? Great times 2? And hes easily the best defensive guard to play for dantoni huh, not Shumpert, not Raja Bell, not even Douglas, but Jlin whom Parker, Jennings, Deron, Rose , all lit up? U dont know squat about ball.

He's going to be a great player and has the potential - work ethic, innate unteachables, and motivation due to racism and hate - the natural biases built-into american society by all other races against Asian-Americans is strong.

Rose went 12/29 do you need further examples including video to demonstrate that your term "lit up" doesn't hod water.

Give credit where credits due and be objective.

Kobe is going to the hall of fame and will be considered the greatest of this GENERATION - with NO RIVAL. Unmatched.
    * Lin dropped almost 40 points on Kobe's Lakers. He single-handedly almost WILLED his team to beat the Lakers.

Lebron will go as the most GIFTED of this generation.

Kevin Durant its too early to start giving him historical - tags but he is a very prolific scorer, dominant player for his team and in the NBA. Hands down top 10 - CURRENT. Relevant to NOW and future.

Stopping here since I have to study for my Strategic Management course.

F the Knicks, F its fans. F Carmelo for killing linsanity. I probably said this somewhere but I'll say it again. I haven't watched basketball since MJ era. Now the Knicks have Jeremy Lin, you basically have a diamond in the rough. Blah blah, Jeremy has captured my interest in basketball again. In Feb, I bought NBA league pass just like a fool knowing that Carmelo will ruin it for Lin. If your owner knows that Jeremy can bring in millions and millions of dollars for your team..YOU should build your team around him. Obviously Jeremy is more than capable to shine when given the opportunity. Now your dumb coach will make Carmelo and Amare their focal point. You want to know what I got to say about that?? F both of them. TRADE Jeremy to a subpar .500 team and make him a focal point w Chandler and I guarantee they will have a winning team. Not only they will have a winning season because Jeremy is a WINNER, but that team/owner will be rich b$tch. This is a fact. New York, you don't deserve that!All you deserve is your Melo/Amare drama. Oh wait, I can wait a couple more years. He won't stay with the Knicks because there are other team that will pay more for his service. Because he is a cash cow and a WINNER.

Originally Posted by linstantwinner
    F the Knicks, F its fans. F Carmelo for killing linsanity. I probably said this somewhere but I'll say it again. I haven't watched basketball since MJ era. Now the Knicks have Jeremy Lin, you basically have a diamond in the rough. Blah blah, Jeremy has captured my interest in basketball again. In Feb, I bought NBA league pass just like a fool knowing that Carmelo will ruin it for Lin. If your owner knows that Jeremy can bring in millions and millions of dollars for your team..YOU should build your team around him. Obviously Jeremy is more than capable to shine when given the opportunity. Now your dumb coach will make Carmelo and Amare their focal point. You want to know what I got to say about that?? F both of them. TRADE Jeremy to a subpar .500 team and make him a focal point w Chandler and I guarantee they will have a winning team. Not only they will have a winning season because Jeremy is a WINNER, but that team/owner will be rich b$tch. This is a fact. New York, you don't deserve that!All you deserve is your Melo/Amare drama. Oh wait, I can wait a couple more years. He won't stay with the Knicks because there are other team that will pay more for his service. Because he is a cash cow and a WINNER.
    Hahaha... Relax dude.

Lin is a good player no doubt but he's not going to carry a team long term at this stage in his career. He needs time to develop and grow and he has a great opportunity to do that here under the tutelage of Baron Davis. Lin has plenty of years left to win in NY.

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Hahaha... Relax dude.

Lin is a good player no doubt but he's not going to carry a team long term at this stage in his career. He needs time to develop and grow and he has a great opportunity to do that here under the tutelage of Baron Davis. Lin has plenty of years left to win in NY.

If Lin has to carry the Knicks that we are in serious trouble......
    Lets just hope Melo shines with Woodson's offense,,,,,,,,Lin is smart and will know where to adjust his game,,,,,,,Tomorrow night against a solid Pacer team will be a good test if yesterdays game was a huge fluke

Originally Posted by smokes
    Hahaha... Relax dude.

You don't understand, there are people around the world including myself are willing to PAY to watch him play. He is bigger than Carmelo and the Knicks. I'm sure he has nothing to worry about because other teams i.e Golden State Warriors/Sacramento/New Orleans can use him. ALL he need is someone like Chandler to run the pick and roll all day in your FACE!

You don't understand, there are people around the world including myself are willing to PAY to watch him play. He is bigger than Carmelo and the Knicks. I'm sure he has nothing to worry about because other teams i.e Golden State Warriors/Sacramento/New Orleans can use him. ALL he need is someone like Chandler to run the pick and roll all day in your FACE!
    I'm surprised that you haven't watched basketball for nearly 20 years, because your knowledge of the game seems flawless...

Fear is not as bad of a thing as some people think it is if its used the right way. Gotta turn that fear into motivation, but I dont think Lin's afraid of much. Hes gonna be just fine...i could see him losing his starting job this year, but his future is very bright regardless of what happens during the remainder of this season

@Al_Ianazzone: Lin said he met with Woodson this morning and was told he's the starting point guard and not to worry about anything else.

@Al_Ianazzone: Mike Woodson said Jeremy Lin is the Knicks starting point guard and is a big part of what they do.

If this BD comes back than Lin will be on that bizzench to start games.

Superstar

Wow, i take a day off, and gotta come back to this,SMGDH.What's this guy

Veteran

I've seen/met/ and heard way too many fake basketball fans speaking out during this linsanity run. I really like the guy (more so his attitude), but he is not as good as many think/pretend he is.

Now these fans want to get mad and blame Melo because Lin's game was exposed (it was just a matter of time). Is it Melo's fault that Lin is turnover prone? He has plenty things to work on if he ever wants to compete long term as a PG in this league. People should be happy he's still in the rotation and wasn't buried on the bench, or cut like the other teams did. His game needs improving and this just can't be disputed. As the song goes....."Don't worry be happy"

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I've seen/met/ and heard way too many fake basketball fans speaking out during this linsanity run. I really like the guy (more so his attitude), but he is not as good as many think/pretend he is.

Now these fans want to get mad and blame Melo because Lin's game was exposed (it was just a matter of time). Is it Melo's fault that Lin is turnover prone? He has plenty things to work on if he ever wants to compete long term as a PG in this league. People should be happy he's still in the rotation and wasn't buried on the bench, or cut like the other teams did. His game needs improving and this just can't be disputed. As the song goes....."Don't worry be happy"
    Lin has talent and the right attitude, but he is a work in progress. I think if used wisely he can adjust and work out his weak points.

But, to his credit he has shown a winner type mentality. Clyde said on the air just before Linsanity hit it's peak; "He has to work on going left, learn to hold his dribble, otherwise the league will adjust and go after him". I think that was about the quote.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CLYDE
    Lin has talent and the right attitude, but he is a work in progress. I think if used wisely he can adjust and work out his weak points.

But, to his credit he has shown a winner type mentality. Clyde said on the air just before Linsanity hit it's peak; "He has to work on going left, learn to hold his dribble, otherwise the league will adjust and go after him". I think that was about the quote.
    exactly, give the guy some time. I'm sure he wouldn't mind it either if so much pressure wasn't put on him, atm...

You guys really think Lin can bring this team far in the playoffs? Hell no not this year and maybe not for another year or two but Lin has so much potential to be a top 5-10 PG in 2 years, his work ethic, honesty and humbleness is what will get him there.

We would probally have a better record then we have now if Melo didnt come back but we wouldnt get past the 1st round... Its D antonis system and his thick headedness that didnt make adjustments for Melo to fit in the system is why we were losing