Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87

Thread: Does Jeremy Lin have a reason to be afraid?

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    A lot of closet haters on this board. People who still think Lin can't ball OR is an average/below average PG, are idiots. Seriously. They're like the people who still believe Obama wasn't born in the US and is Muslim.

    Anyways...


    Below was a follow-up article from the same author:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Moved to:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    .
    Last edited by onex0is0; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:12.

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by onex0is0
    If you were the Knicks GM, what would teams have to give you to get Lin? Share your trade scenarios below.

    END.

    I would want to build a team around Lin to get me my championship.
    I would not trade Lin at all.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Dude LIN is not a superstar, stop it.Lin will not lead use to a title, unless he stops turning the ball over 7+ times a game.Watch the game and not just LIN, man, C'mon.

    Lin is no where near being a superstar. Stats and Melo is playing no where near one as well. At this point in time, i believe Lin will take the Knicks to a championship in the future than either Stats or Melo. Stats and Melo is on the decline while Lin can only get better. Think about that.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    clearly some here are not really thinking at all...blinded and still feeling the after affects of linsanity. crazy times produce crazy minds. LOL

    We are winning and with our stars, Lin is enjoying playing his part and some still can't see this...smh.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    how the hell am I a hater if I think Lin is an average PG? I'm a big Lin fan and hope he becomes a superstar because he works hard and has a lot of heart.

    Are you telling me his game is complete? I'm glad Lin, himself, doesn't think like that because then he'll never improve.

    If anyone thinks that at this point in time, Lin is more than an average PG, you need to STFU because you don't know **** about bball.

    You, Sir, are an idiot.

  6. #66
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I love LIN and think for a 23 year old PG he's fantastic. He can only get better. What we trade him and then in 2 years hate ourselves cause he figured everything out and is a top 5 PG (remember in 2 years Kidd and Nash will be either gone or going out)

  7. #67
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    how the hell am I a hater if I think Lin is an average PG? I'm a big Lin fan and hope he becomes a superstar because he works hard and has a lot of heart.

    Are you telling me his game is complete? I'm glad Lin, himself, doesn't think like that because then he'll never improve.

    If anyone thinks that at this point in time, Lin is more than an average PG, you need to STFU because you don't know **** about bball.

    You, Sir, are an idiot.
    Define average?

    Here's his numbers since starting.

    19.5 points
    8.14 Assists
    2.19 Steals
    3.89 rebounds
    4.857 Turnovers

    The problem today with sports is, folks get so caught up with physical attributes and abilities that they forget the KEY measures which is the numbers you put up on the field/court.

    JUST LOOK AT THOSE EFFING NUMBERS.
    AVERAGE MY A$$.

    Find me another point guard with those numbers? Then tell me ARE those point guards average???

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    CP3, Derrick Rose,Westbrook,Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Jason Kidd, Kylrie Irving

    That's a little less than 1/2 the NBA so yeah. average.

    Raymond Felton last year

    17 pts 9 assist 1.8 steals 3.6 reb 3.3 TO.

    Lin is an average PG right now who has good upside. That's it. It will depend on how he rounds out his game. He could be a triple dub threat in a year or two. He's a smart guy with lots of intangibles.

    NOT A TOP PG AT THE MOMENT. regardless of what you say. Don't overhype.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    CP3, Derrick Rose,Westbrook,Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Jason Kidd, Kylrie Irving

    That's a little less than 1/2 the NBA so yeah. average.

    Raymond Felton last year

    17 pts 9 assist 1.8 steals 3.6 reb 3.3 TO.

    Lin is an average PG right now who has good upside. That's it. It will depend on how he rounds out his game. He could be a triple dub threat in a year or two. He's a smart guy with lots of intangibles.

    NOT A TOP PG AT THE MOMENT. regardless of what you say. Don't overhype.
    Many people don't understand how hard it already is to be called "average" in NBA. I like Lin like crazy, but I'm satisfied with his "average" performance so far.

    However, I kind of think the strong will, the atmosphere that Lin brought to the Knicks was incredible. And would make a difference. If there were a ranking of this sort, Lin is definitely above average.

  10. #70
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    CP3, Derrick Rose,Westbrook,Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, John Wall, Ty Lawson, Jason Kidd, Kylrie Irving

    That's a little less than 1/2 the NBA so yeah. average.

    Raymond Felton last year

    17 pts 9 assist 1.8 steals 3.6 reb 3.3 TO.

    Lin is an average PG right now who has good upside. That's it. It will depend on how he rounds out his game. He could be a triple dub threat in a year or two. He's a smart guy with lots of intangibles.

    NOT A TOP PG AT THE MOMENT. regardless of what you say. Don't overhype.
    You picked 13 players out of the remaining 29 starting point guards. J. Kidd is 1 season removed from basketball and Steve Nash is on the downhill of his career. Looks to me Lin is above the 'average'. He is a "GOOD" player with potential of becoming a star.

    During this span, Lin's scoring, assists, rebound and steals are ALL within top 5 among point guards. The ONLY other PG among top 5 for all 4 categories is CP3.

    Marginal my a$$.

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Oh forgot Billups and Ricky rubio. Nash is on the downhill and yet he's probably still #1 as a pure PG.

    LOL. Dude. I'm sorry that you are so sensitive about wording. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. If you want to break it down like that.

    Elite PG
    Good PG
    Average PG
    Below Average PG
    Bad PG

    ok you win. he's not average. he's a good pg. ROFL

  12. #72
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    Oh forgot Billups and Ricky rubio. Nash is on the downhill and yet he's probably still #1 as a pure PG.

    LOL. Dude. I'm sorry that you are so sensitive about wording. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. If you want to break it down like that.

    Elite PG
    Good PG
    Average PG
    Below Average PG
    Bad PG

    ok you win. he's not average. he's a good pg. ROFL
    Thank You.
    Was that so hard?

  13. #73
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Lin is a B- type of player. I would have traded him to get rid of Amare because PG's don't win chips in the NBA (Last time a #1 PG dominant team won was Isiah) and Amare somehow became trash in one year.

    Lin + Amare for Gasol. You would get a player who relies on Skill not athleticism for a player who once had athleticism but for some reason can't use it any more and an up and coming top 10 PG. Baron could keep the seat warm putting up similar production to Lin while we searched for another League Average Point Guard.

  14. #74
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Too late...i still like Lin. I think with him as a 3rd Option, it's not bad, cuz he won't demand crazy money and you can spend in other areas which are more important to winning basketball games (Front Court)

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    Too late...i still like Lin. I think with him as a 3rd Option, it's not bad, cuz he won't demand crazy money and you can spend in other areas which are more important to winning basketball games (Front Court)
    Now that Linsanity is over,,,,,,,,,,,In reality the guy is getting better each game.......every PG has bad games Lin is allowed the same....the guy learns from his mistakes and will only get better......The beauty of LIN.......
    Once we sign him we have 4 starters for the next 3 years,,,,,No lock in the SG

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks claim Jeremy Lin
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Mar 23, 2012, 11:50
  2. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 02:07
  3. Warriors Waive Jeremy Lin
    By TheChosen1 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2012, 13:43
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 17:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 12:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •