Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Woodson Head Coach thread

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    This, slight tweaks but still same core and plays from before, there practicing tommorow so there will be slight changes, they played great ass defense they got to play defense like that every game
    agreed. don't think we've really seen anything different in terms of plays yet. he definitely changed up the rotation early although we also were blowing them out early

Veteran

After lastseason sweep in the first round, the hiring of Mike Woodson in August....
    I thought we wouldve had Mike Woodson as headcoach by January.

Its a DAMN shame we waited so long 18-24.....the damn NBA analyst/commentators/writers
    forever justifying for Dantoni for 4 seasons are the ones who kept Dantoni's Knicks job,
    because Dantoni coaching didnt.......

Tanking two seasons, then in Dantoni's 3rd season he ran Stat knees for 38+ minutes
    in every game the first half of season....the 2nd half of the season Stat became
    aghausted/fatique/and tired after playing 25 minutes in a game.

When u do the math....it was Dantoni coaching that force Dolan to pull the Melo trade....
    Mozgov & AR being DNP untill February, Turiaf being injury prone, and both Gallo & W.Chandler
    were out for two weeks with injury at seperate times.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    After lastseason sweep in the first round, the hiring of Mike Woodson in August....
    I thought we wouldve had Mike Woodson as headcoach by January.

Its a DAMN shame we waited so long 18-24.....the damn NBA analyst/commentators/writers
    forever justifying for Dantoni for 4 seasons are the ones who kept Dantoni's Knicks job,
    because Dantoni coaching didnt.......

Tanking two seasons, then in Dantoni's 3rd season he ran Stat knees for 38+ minutes
    in every game the first half of season....the 2nd half of the season Stat became
    aghausted/fatique/and tired after playing 25 minutes in a game.

When u do the math....it was Dantoni coaching that force Dolan to pull the Melo trade....
    Mozgov & AR being DNP untill February, Turiaf being injury prone, and both Gallo & W.Chandler
    were out for two weeks with injury at seperate times.
    They won't want to hear the truth but yeah this is the truth. Also as a side effect will teams take the knicks more serious? I've always felt that other coaches didn't take D'antoni serious and that trickled down to the players who use to come in here and score career high numbers.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    They won't want to hear the truth but yeah this is the truth. Also as a side effect will teams take the knicks more serious? I've always felt that other coaches didn't take D'antoni serious and that trickled down to the players who use to come in here and score career high numbers.
    Career highs in MSG have been going down long before MDA.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Music to my ears @ 1:30 in Woodson's post game.

I loved his substitutions. I never liked Baron coming in the second quarter/that late in the first.

Here's to hoping you do a great job and become our head coach for the long haul, Woodson!

Veteran

Woodson seems to have some sort of swag to him.

I don't know what exactly went on in the Knicks' locker room, but I get the feeling that Mike D'Antoni could not control his players.

But Woodson seems like someone YOU JUST SHOULD NOT MESS WITH.

He said that he would make DAMN sure that they were held accountable. I hope he means it.

Woodson seems like the right man for the job.

I remember a lot of interviews where players credited him over the last 6 months. I specifically remember Lin mentioning him a few times as helping out his game.

I think players disliked MAD considering the crap he said about players in post game interviews.

I think the players will work well with and respect Woodson.

So quick to anoint Woodson but I remember the Knicks looking pretty damn good during the "Linsanity" stretch when Melo sat out the entire stretch and Stat for the most part. Before you hoist Woodson up and crown him the savior, let's see if this play can be sustained for the rest of the season. We blew out a crappy Portland team (by the way, as we should) but we still are looking at Indiana twice this month as well as Philly, Atlanta, Orlando and Milwaukee (Who owns us) then we get into April and the schedule gets a little tougher!
    I hope Woodson turns it around but I have a sneaky suspicion that we will be revisiting the "Trade Carmelo" theme at the end of this season.....

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I loved his substitutions. I never liked Baron coming in the second quarter/that late in the first.

Here's to hoping you do a great job and become our head coach for the long haul, Woodson!
    Agreed. he is a better clock manager as well. I would have rather had woodson as HC and dan't as the assistant. I hope that this play we saw last night keeps up and we are a consistent team from here on out.

Veteran

I'll let you know my opinion about Woody the first game we are up by 3 in the final minute and have a foul to give.

The return of Mike Bibby! Granted we were up by a lot, but would D'Antoni have gone that deep in the bench?

Veteran

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    So quick to anoint Woodson but I remember the Knicks looking pretty damn good during the "Linsanity" stretch when Melo sat out the entire stretch and Stat for the most part. Before you hoist Woodson up and crown him the savior, let's see if this play can be sustained for the rest of the season. We blew out a crappy Portland team (by the way, as we should) but we still are looking at Indiana twice this month as well as Philly, Atlanta, Orlando and Milwaukee (Who owns us) then we get into April and the schedule gets a little tougher!
    I hope Woodson turns it around but I have a sneaky suspicion that we will be revisiting the "Trade Carmelo" theme at the end of this season.....

Somebody get this guy a tissue

I'm wondering how long it will be before the iso-melo coaching system of woodson gets ripped up by the posters here. Will the anti-dant crowd resurface with new seething hatred for woodson? or will it be the dantoni suporters that take up the torch and bash woodson and call for chants of his head at games?

Veteran

Originally Posted by smokes
    Career highs in MSG have been going down long before MDA.

This is why Dantoni = Isiah

Ewing & Oak didnt allow career highs, Camby, Kurt, and Spree didnt either....
    And Isiah gettiing rid of Mutombo, Doleac, Kurt, and Mcdyess within his 12 months
    on the job was the invitation to get career or season highs in MSG.