Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Woodson Head Coach thread

Veteran

People keep bringing up that Lin stretch as if he sweapt thru the playoffs. No one knew anything about Lin, not even the clueless coach.... but that is hardy mentioned and I wonder why.

Anyway, I'm here to send congrat's to Woodson on a well coach game. And I appreciate him bringing defense to this team. I was never worried about the scoring coming from the Knicks, we have that locked down. If Woodson can maintain this defensive presence we will be a force to wreckon with.

D wins games and this is one of the main reasons D'Ant left...plus not being able to use a player that so many coaches in the league would be happy to have on their roster.

I'm comfortable with what I'm seeing right now. The players look happy too. lol

If Melo doesn't get back to 05-08 Melo with Woodson's Isolation system, than i dont know if there is anymore anybody can do with this guy.

Veteran

gotta love the optimism around here...lol

Veteran

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I'm wondering how long it will be before the iso-melo coaching system of woodson gets ripped up by the posters here. Will the anti-dant crowd resurface with new seething hatred for woodson? or will it be the dantoni suporters that take up the torch and bash woodson and call for chants of his head at games?

Woodson having a real 3-point shooting SF in Kovak who is always moving without
    the ball, plus Kovak have a great peremeter-defensive game, Woodson have no problem taking
    Melo & Stat out the game when one of them take their time on defense to replace
    them with "Novak & Jefferies" the two fowards should become a tandem to give
    Melo & Stat bench time (together) to figure out what they have to do to win.
    Last night win over Portland, Stat & Melo figured staying on the bench the final
    16 minutes would lead to a Knicks win.

I dont see anyone bashing Woodson after he take this Knicks loaded roster of talent
    on several winning-streaks in the remaining 23 games. The Knicks will win consistently
    by having several different high scorers each game....
    Last night win was Novak/Smith night.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    People keep bringing up that Lin stretch as if he sweapt thru the playoffs. No one knew anything about Lin, not even the clueless coach.... but that is hardy mentioned and I wonder why.

Anyway, I'm here to send congrat's to Woodson on a well coach game. And I appreciate him bringing defense to this team. I was never worried about the scoring coming from the Knicks, we have that locked down. If Woodson can maintain this defensive presence we will be a force to wreckon with.

D wins games and this is one of the main reasons D'Ant left...plus not being able to use a player that so many coaches in the league would be happy to have on their roster.

Lin-Sanity 7 game win streak was from players putting twice as much energy on the defensive-end then they did on the offensive-end....when peeps dont bring that as the number-one reason for the Lin-Sanity wins....their topic is a waste of energy to read....Lin/Jefferies/Tyson

KnicksonLIN.com

Mike Woodson's better than Mike Antoni.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

Completely agree. +1 on the D comments. Our offense will come. One thing i did not see last night -- any ridiculous switching. It happened only when they got caught on a screen and correctly read that they needed to switch to avoid an open lane.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    How do you guys see Woodson running this team? Will he play a strict half court type of offense? Will our defense improve under his leadership? Will we see an ISO-Joe redux with ISO-Melo? Will he shave his goddamn beard?

This thread is all about our new interim head coach Mike Woodson. Welcome to the New York Knickerbockers and Congratulations on your recent promotion. Goodluck Woody, you're gonna need it
    Look below.

Knicks learning new star-focused offense under Woodson

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Speedball officially died in Westchester on Thursday.
    Interim Knicks coach Mike Woodson staged his first practice Thursday and reporters got to see implementation of a host of structured, deliberate set plays that was absent in the read-and-ract Mike D’Antoni speedball offense. D’Antoni resigned Wednesday, feeling he didn’t have enough guys buying into the share-the-ball system, specifically Carmelo Anthony.

Amar'e Stoudemire admitted the offensive system is changing dramatically under Woodson in blending more toward the superstars, less toward Linsanity. Woodson admitted afterward point guard Jeremy Lin still is in a “learning stage.’’

"He's going to utilize his leading scorers, myself and Carmelo (Anthony), make sure he takes advantage of every opportunity on the court,'' Stoudemire said after practice. "We've been profound scorers all our careers. He wants to make sure we take advantage of that."

“It’s going to be different for us,’’ Stoudemire added. “Coach Woodson has his offense and offensive schemes. We have to readjust to that. We are all receiving it well. We’re excited about it. We can’t wait to play in the new offense.‘’
    sounds like NBA coaching 101 to me. Nice!

Very encouraging to hear about the direction we are headed with how todays practice went.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Knicks learning new star-focused offense under Woodson

sounds like NBA coaching 101 to me. Nice!
    Word run the offense through your best scorers first is always a good idea I mean every single other team does it. MDA was really clueless having Melo and Amare be basically role players.

Superstar

I really really hated the way the Hawks played under Woodson......

I pray that it was because he was limited by his personnel and not because he's a crappy offensive mind.

Originally Posted by iJoe
    I really really hated the way the Hawks played under Woodson......

I pray that it was because he was limited by his personnel and not because he's a crappy offensive mind.
    I think it was more so their personnel Joe Johnson is way overrated and they play just as stupid without him.

But I still don't think Woodson is a great offensive coach but he's a more competent one that MDA.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    But I still don't think Woodson is a great offensive coach but he's a more competent one that MDA.
    OK, so Woody's offensive strategy is "just ISO," and since he's done such a good job as the DEFENSIVE coach, yep, sure, we're going to be fine.

he's going to make everyone accountable especially on D.