Mike Woodson Head Coach thread

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
How do you guys see Woodson running this team? Will he play a strict half court type of offense? Will our defense improve under his leadership? Will we see an ISO-Joe redux with ISO-Melo? Will he shave his goddamn beard?

This thread is all about our new interim head coach Mike Woodson. Welcome to the New York Knickerbockers and Congratulations on your recent promotion. Goodluck Woody, you're gonna need it :beer:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
4541020519_692a5f165f_o.jpg

I welcome mr potato head with open arms

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
So far 24 minutes into the Woodson era he has us playing defence and team basketball.

Melo passing the ball well and Lin getting steals and setting people up for easy fast break points

elcol

Rotation player
offense seems pretty simple, i don't know if theirs a technical name for it or anything, moving it around till we get an open shot and if we cant get the open man melo/baron are definitely not bad options during very low shot clock situations.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Honestly Woodson didn't do anything different.

It was the same offense EXCEPT the players were alot more motivated and made the extra pass and played unselfish.

They also decided to play defence tonight.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Honestly Woodson didn't do anything different.

It was the same offense EXCEPT the players were alot more motivated and made the extra pass and played unselfish.

They also decided to play defence tonight.

This, slight tweaks but still same core and plays from before, there practicing tommorow so there will be slight changes, they played great ass defense they got to play defense like that every game

munco

Benchwarmer
This, slight tweaks but still same core and plays from before, there practicing tommorow so there will be slight changes, they played great ass defense they got to play defense like that every game

agreed. don't think we've really seen anything different in terms of plays yet. he definitely changed up the rotation early although we also were blowing them out early

Kiyaman

Legend
After lastseason sweep in the first round, the hiring of Mike Woodson in August....
I thought we wouldve had Mike Woodson as headcoach by January.
:2cents:
Its a DAMN shame we waited so long 18-24.....the damn NBA analyst/commentators/writers
forever justifying for Dantoni for 4 seasons are the ones who kept Dantoni's Knicks job,
because Dantoni coaching didnt.......
:smokin:
Tanking two seasons, then in Dantoni's 3rd season he ran Stat knees for 38+ minutes
in every game the first half of season....the 2nd half of the season Stat became
aghausted/fatique/and tired after playing 25 minutes in a game.

When u do the math....it was Dantoni coaching that force Dolan to pull the Melo trade....
Mozgov & AR being DNP untill February, Turiaf being injury prone, and both Gallo & W.Chandler
were out for two weeks with injury at seperate times.

Wargames

Starter
After lastseason sweep in the first round, the hiring of Mike Woodson in August....
I thought we wouldve had Mike Woodson as headcoach by January.
:2cents:
Its a DAMN shame we waited so long 18-24.....the damn NBA analyst/commentators/writers
forever justifying for Dantoni for 4 seasons are the ones who kept Dantoni's Knicks job,
because Dantoni coaching didnt.......
:smokin:
Tanking two seasons, then in Dantoni's 3rd season he ran Stat knees for 38+ minutes
in every game the first half of season....the 2nd half of the season Stat became
aghausted/fatique/and tired after playing 25 minutes in a game.

When u do the math....it was Dantoni coaching that force Dolan to pull the Melo trade....
Mozgov & AR being DNP untill February, Turiaf being injury prone, and both Gallo & W.Chandler
were out for two weeks with injury at seperate times.

They won't want to hear the truth but yeah this is the truth. Also as a side effect will teams take the knicks more serious? I've always felt that other coaches didn't take D'antoni serious and that trickled down to the players who use to come in here and score career high numbers.

smokes

Huge Member
They won't want to hear the truth but yeah this is the truth. Also as a side effect will teams take the knicks more serious? I've always felt that other coaches didn't take D'antoni serious and that trickled down to the players who use to come in here and score career high numbers.

Career highs in MSG have been going down long before MDA.