So, at this point of the season...

FameMos

Benchwarmer
With a new coach, new playcalling, and fresh start, what do you think our rotation should be? Mine...

Starters
Davis
Smith
Melo
STAT
Chandler

Bench
Lin
Shump
Fields
Novak
Jefferies

With Melo seeing a lot more iso's, this would be the ideal starting 5. #1 Davis is the best option at PG with Melo & STAT on the floor together. #2 I think this Starting 5 and Bench will show a lot of comradery out on the court together. and #3 Melo would have guys on the court who the D would be less likely to sag off of to help out on Melo, thus allowing him to dominate like he's capable of.

With Lin coming off the bench, it will allow him to be 'Linsanity', and he will be able to do what he was able to do when Melo & STAT were absent from the team. With Novak feasting from beyond the arc, and Shumpert, Fields, and Jefferies providing hustle, defense and energy...this would make us a SERIOUS Playoff Contender :smokin:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
With a new coach, new playcalling, and fresh start, what do you think our rotation should be? Mine...

Starters
Davis
Smith
Melo
STAT
Chandler

Bench
Lin
Shump
Fields
Novak
Jefferies

With Melo seeing a lot more iso's, this would be the ideal starting 5. #1 Davis is the best option at PG with Melo & STAT on the floor together. #2 I think this Starting 5 and Bench will show a lot of comradery out on the court together. and #3 Melo would have guys on the court who the D would be less likely to sag off of to help out on Melo, thus allowing him to dominate like he's capable of.

With Lin coming off the bench, it will allow him to be 'Linsanity', and he will be able to do what he was able to do when Melo & STAT were absent from the team. With Novak feasting from beyond the arc, and Shumpert, Fields, and Jefferies providing hustle, defense and energy...this would make us a SERIOUS Playoff Contender :smokin:

I agree except I'd start Shumpert for his D and JR off the bench as instant offense.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Woodson favors iso ball so i think it would be best to start Baron/shump with the starting unit. Baron at the point to start the game equals less turn overs and he gets the ball in the hands of the stars. I would also like to see him work the P&R with stat, it looks like Diddy is getting his legs back you see more and more every game from him

Lin/Fields can come off the bench and play more team ball i think Lin is very comfortable playing with Novak etc than he is with melo/stat, but i have no doubt the chemistry will grow eventually.

In reality i highly doubt Lin is getting benched so baron can start. Fields(im not a fan of fields his game is very limited but i do like his rebounding effort defensive efforts) but i doubt he gets benched either but who knows woodson is very defense minded so there may be a adjustment and Shump might start.

The team has practice tomorrow, i want to see what kind of plays woodson can set up with this starting unit before adjustments are made.

FameMos

Benchwarmer
Smith shoulden't be on the floor with other scorers. We need him off the bench when 'Melo is resting.

i understand all that, but i would still like to see what that rotation would look like out on the court together. i think our bench would still be able to do good things for us without a 'true scorer'. i think the 2nd unit would get us points and keep us in the game with good teamwork and hustle.

munco

Benchwarmer
Not sure about starting Davis since he's been shooting so badly this year. I think I'd still start Lin although he does seem more effective with the second team.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Davis
Shump
Melo
Stat
Tyson

Lin
Smith
Fields
Novak
Jeffries/Jorts

Davis seems to play better with Stat and Melo than Lin does and putting Shump on the best perimeter player to start the game will help to make sure they don't get off to a hot start. Lin clearly plays better with the second unit and won't have to worry about appeasing Melo and Amare.