View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 6.67%

8 26.67%

9 30.00%

11 36.67%
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31718192021222324252627282943 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Header Threader - Knicks V Pacers March 16 @ 7:30 - March 17 @ 7:00

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Hey guys just a reminder, there are kids watching these threads, nudity is inappropriate for a public game thread. Make a separate thread for those things, maybe even a sticky.
    Dude, have you not noticed that nearly every game thread is punctuated with photo's of half-naked ladies?

These forums are very much PG13! I'd agree if there was vaginas everywhere but yeah, boobs are awesome.... boobs...

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Hey guys just a reminder, there are kids watching these threads, nudity is inappropriate for a public game thread. Make a separate thread for those things, maybe even a sticky.
    There's nothing TOO graphic(I think) but I'll watch my language from now on...no disrespect intended.

But for the kids...
    M. Woodson, "To all my little Knickamaniacs, say your prayers, take your vitamins, be true to yourself and you will never go wrong. One."

Originally Posted by smokes
    Dude, have you not noticed that nearly every game thread is punctuated with photo's of half-naked ladies?

These forums are very much PG13! I'd agree if there was vaginas everywhere but yeah, boobs are awesome.... boobs...
    VAGINAS!!!!

Come on Klay!!! Missing layups like Jeffries... SMH

Default 2-0

excellent game thread Loco Ochos! had to watch game on VCR tonite, always fun to watch sans commercials, then read the thread. you know it's a blowout when KO posters start posting boob shots, talking about college ball and other NBA games going on.

getting back to the game, the feeling of Linsanity is back, but this time it's the whole team, as others have pointed out, with an emphasis on defense.

Woodson took Tyson out early to get STAT going a bit at C. Good move. Obviously Chandler will still get his minutes but when STAT is playing D playing him at C is great for his offense.
    great observation, and seemingly a Wood Son modus operandi, to substitute early, instead of waiting for a guy to have 2 fouls ala the mustache who won't be named. I'M LOVING THE SUBSTITUTIONS, something I never said the past 3 1/2 years. I enjoy watching the coach's pre- and post-game interviews, he's all about team and treating all player's the same, and knowing how important the bench is.

A shame about Baron pulling the string, hopefully he'll heal fast.

Enjoyed seeing Bush Harrellson getting minutes, he looked good on O and D.

Shumpert def getting Sprewell comparisons on D, be amazing if his O comes anywhere near Latrell's impassioned play.

STAT playing quite well on D and O, his head is def into the game more, and it shows.

MELO is happy and it shows, the last couple games have been a complete turnaround.

Decent game for Mr. Lin, 15-5-5, decent numbers for a PG.

Steve Novak = 6th man of the year, discount DC!

Chandler is the most important player on this team, the true center we've been looking for since Ewing. his defense sets the tone, he is consistently amazing and i love him (no homo).

Girafferies, I owe an apology to. his game has improved tremendously, he's no longer bobbling the ball on O and looking lost, he's found his defensive niche and looks better with the ball. he could very well be the missing piece to this team becoming a defense first winning squadron.

LOVING THE NEW KNICKS! Mike Woodson, as everyone should know, was a Knick and played under the best Knicks coach ever, Red Holtzman, who won the Knicks only 2 championships. he brings a defensive mentality to the team, a player first mentality that was lacking in our previous coaching staff. He took Atlanta from a sh*t team and improved them year after year. Now he's got a team of very good players that he has to mold and shape to play their best, and I think he's got the humble brain to do it.

Tomorrow's going to be a major test, at Indiana. they're gonna be pissed and pumped to beat the Knicks after tonights shellacking. can't wait.

Good analysis Clyde.

Re Jeffries, I was actually thinking earlier, he might be the only player in the NBA who could win you a game without ever touching the basketball

Good analysis Clyde.

Re Jeffries, I was actually thinking earlier, he might be the only player in the NBA who could win you a game without ever touching the basketball

good thread, hard to understand in parts for me, good read all the same.

good wins for the knicks past 2 games, just shows the coach had to go. bring on the play offs

Default No Trajectory

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Fields need to put a higher arc on the ball when he shoot from three..
    Fields has NO TRAJECTORY on his shot...he defends well...rebounds well and should leave the 3's to JR and Novacaine....

Veteran

Amazing summary by Clyde.

I can't help but wonder if Woodson holds the stars accountable to a far greater degree than D'Antoni did. Let's not lie, it's tough to coach guys with egos like this - D'Antoni just lucked out in Phoenix because Nash is a rather coachable player.

Default Lin will be EXCELLANT

Originally Posted by Newbie
    How's Lin doing?
    He making Carmelo look great....making TC look great.....cutting down on turnovers but made two very bad one...HITS HIS FOUL SHOTS...yipeeee

Veteran

Yes I agree Fields' shots, both his free throw shots and his jump shots, are flat as all hell. I dunno what happened, he was a solid 3-point shooter last year.

Default Excellent Post

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    excellent game thread Loco Ochos! had to watch game on VCR tonite, always fun to watch sans commercials, then read the thread. you know it's a blowout when KO posters start posting boob shots, talking about college ball and other NBA games going on.

getting back to the game, the feeling of Linsanity is back, but this time it's the whole team, as others have pointed out, with an emphasis on defense.

great observation, and seemingly a Wood Son modus operandi, to substitute early, instead of waiting for a guy to have 2 fouls ala the mustache who won't be named. I'M LOVING THE SUBSTITUTIONS, something I never said the past 3 1/2 years. I enjoy watching the coach's pre- and post-game interviews, he's all about team and treating all player's the same, and knowing how important the bench is.

A shame about Baron pulling the string, hopefully he'll heal fast.

Enjoyed seeing Bush Harrellson getting minutes, he looked good on O and D.

Shumpert def getting Sprewell comparisons on D, be amazing if his O comes anywhere near Latrell's impassioned play.

STAT playing quite well on D and O, his head is def into the game more, and it shows.

MELO is happy and it shows, the last couple games have been a complete turnaround.

Decent game for Mr. Lin, 15-5-5, decent numbers for a PG.

Steve Novak = 6th man of the year, discount DC!

Chandler is the most important player on this team, the true center we've been looking for since Ewing. his defense sets the tone, he is consistently amazing and i love him (no homo).

Girafferies, I owe an apology to. his game has improved tremendously, he's no longer bobbling the ball on O and looking lost, he's found his defensive niche and looks better with the ball. he could very well be the missing piece to this team becoming a defense first winning squadron.

LOVING THE NEW KNICKS! Mike Woodson, as everyone should know, was a Knick and played under the best Knicks coach ever, Red Holtzman, who won the Knicks only 2 championships. he brings a defensive mentality to the team, a player first mentality that was lacking in our previous coaching staff. He took Atlanta from a sh*t team and improved them year after year. Now he's got a team of very good players that he has to mold and shape to play their best, and I think he's got the humble brain to do it.

Tomorrow's going to be a major test, at Indiana. they're gonna be pissed and pumped to beat the Knicks after tonights shellacking. can't wait.
    Perfect anaysis of tonight's game

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Great post CC. Again, I kept your quote short for the less fortunate(bandwidth.)

-Yup, hopefully a mild version strain for BDidds.

-SUB patterns were better. I think he pulled the trigger on 'mobb deep' too soon at first...but WAY better than what we've seen. Good ****.

-Shump is a defensive MANIMAL, I love watching him!

-STAT gave us effort tonight, didn't finish well at the rim...but still. BETTER.

-Melo will carry us, I have no doubt. As long as he buys in and is "happy" things look good. He is a force in the league...recognize.

-Lin, did what he did. Not Linsanity, but effective with his minutes. I'm loving the 1-2 punch of him and BDiddy. Bodes well as we move on.

-Novak is unconscious. Damn that boy can snoot! DDC FTW!!!

-Chandler, Knicks MVP in my mind without question. Anchors the D, a true leader, vocal. Dumping Chauncey was WELL worth that move.

-Jeffries...****, what can we say. He's rewarding us fans by playing up to that first contract we gave him. Good for him, I hope it lasts. I'm on board.

-M. Woody, like you said...he's back where he started. He knows as well as anybody what this team means to 'The City,' and it's fans. I got warm fuzzy feelings about it all, but we know how **** goes. Fingers crossed though.

-Let's not forget JR. He can shoot the lights out and it looks like he's finding the range...LOOK OUT!

-Finally, I will lose any and all respect for the pacers if they DON'T bring maximum effort tomorrow...that will be the REAL test my friends.

It's been a great night, we're all full of great hope and energy, let's keep the positive vibes going my people. See you guys tomorrow night! I'm out the door to get some.

PS: I'll rep you later CC, I've been a bit liberal with that **** tonight.
    Last edited by unloopme; Mar 17, 2012 at 00:07.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Yes I agree Fields' shots, both his free throw shots and his jump shots, are flat as all hell. I dunno what happened, he was a solid 3-point shooter last year.
    More disturbing is Fields free throw shooting. His ball flies off to the left and right sides of the rim, and hes down over 20% from last year. He put on too much bulk I think. But his basketball instincts are so good, if he can ever get his shot back, he could be an allstar type player one day. Lets not give up on the kid, hes such a likeable guy.

Originally Posted by FireCoachD
    More disturbing is Fields free throw shooting. His ball flies off to the left and right sides of the rim, and hes down over 20% from last year. He put on too much bulk I think. But his basketball instincts are so good, if he can ever get his shot back, he could be an allstar type player one day. Lets not give up on the kid, hes such a likeable guy.
    I doubt Fields is ever gonna play to the kind of level which would make anyone offer him a large contract, so he should be easy to keep here.