Double Header Threader - Knicks V Pacers March 16 @ 7:30 - March 17 @ 7:00

+ Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

• Total voters

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes I agree Fields' shots, both his free throw shots and his jump shots, are flat as all hell. I dunno what happened, he was a solid 3-point shooter last year.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Excellent Post

excellent game thread Loco Ochos! had to watch game on VCR tonite, always fun to watch sans commercials, then read the thread. you know it's a blowout when KO posters start posting boob shots, talking about college ball and other NBA games going on.

getting back to the game, the feeling of Linsanity is back, but this time it's the whole team, as others have pointed out, with an emphasis on defense.

great observation, and seemingly a Wood Son modus operandi, to substitute early, instead of waiting for a guy to have 2 fouls ala the mustache who won't be named. I'M LOVING THE SUBSTITUTIONS, something I never said the past 3 1/2 years. I enjoy watching the coach's pre- and post-game interviews, he's all about team and treating all player's the same, and knowing how important the bench is.

A shame about Baron pulling the string, hopefully he'll heal fast.

Enjoyed seeing Bush Harrellson getting minutes, he looked good on O and D.

Shumpert def getting Sprewell comparisons on D, be amazing if his O comes anywhere near Latrell's impassioned play.

STAT playing quite well on D and O, his head is def into the game more, and it shows.

MELO is happy and it shows, the last couple games have been a complete turnaround.

Decent game for Mr. Lin, 15-5-5, decent numbers for a PG.

Steve Novak = 6th man of the year, discount DC!

Chandler is the most important player on this team, the true center we've been looking for since Ewing. his defense sets the tone, he is consistently amazing and i love him (no homo).

Girafferies, I owe an apology to. his game has improved tremendously, he's no longer bobbling the ball on O and looking lost, he's found his defensive niche and looks better with the ball. he could very well be the missing piece to this team becoming a defense first winning squadron.

LOVING THE NEW KNICKS! Mike Woodson, as everyone should know, was a Knick and played under the best Knicks coach ever, Red Holtzman, who won the Knicks only 2 championships. he brings a defensive mentality to the team, a player first mentality that was lacking in our previous coaching staff. He took Atlanta from a sh*t team and improved them year after year. Now he's got a team of very good players that he has to mold and shape to play their best, and I think he's got the humble brain to do it.

Tomorrow's going to be a major test, at Indiana. they're gonna be pissed and pumped to beat the Knicks after tonights shellacking. can't wait.
:gony:

Perfect anaysis of tonight's game

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Tomorrow's going to be a major test, at Indiana. they're gonna be pissed and pumped to beat the Knicks after tonights shellacking. can't wait.
:gony:
Great post CC. Again, I kept your quote short for the less fortunate(bandwidth.)

-Yup, hopefully a mild version strain for BDidds.

-SUB patterns were better. I think he pulled the trigger on 'mobb deep' too soon at first...but WAY better than what we've seen. Good shit.

-Shump is a defensive MANIMAL, I love watching him!

-STAT gave us effort tonight, didn't finish well at the rim...but still. BETTER.

-Melo will carry us, I have no doubt. As long as he buys in and is "happy" things look good. He is a force in the league...recognize.

-Lin, did what he did. Not Linsanity, but effective with his minutes. I'm loving the 1-2 punch of him and BDiddy. Bodes well as we move on.

-Novak is unconscious. Damn that boy can snoot! DDC FTW!!!

-Chandler, Knicks MVP in my mind without question. Anchors the D, a true leader, vocal. Dumping Chauncey was WELL worth that move.

-Jeffries...shit, what can we say. He's rewarding us fans by playing up to that first contract we gave him. Good for him, I hope it lasts. I'm on board.

-M. Woody, like you said...he's back where he started. He knows as well as anybody what this team means to 'The City,' and it's fans. I got warm fuzzy feelings about it all, but we know how shit goes. Fingers crossed though.

-Let's not forget JR. He can shoot the lights out and it looks like he's finding the range...LOOK OUT!

-Finally, I will lose any and all respect for the pacers if they DON'T bring maximum effort tomorrow...that will be the REAL test my friends.

It's been a great night, we're all full of great hope and energy, let's keep the positive vibes going my people. See you guys tomorrow night! I'm out the door to get some. :fellatio:

PS: I'll rep you later CC, I've been a bit liberal with that shit tonight.

Last edited:

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Yes I agree Fields' shots, both his free throw shots and his jump shots, are flat as all hell. I dunno what happened, he was a solid 3-point shooter last year.

More disturbing is Fields free throw shooting. His ball flies off to the left and right sides of the rim, and hes down over 20% from last year. He put on too much bulk I think. But his basketball instincts are so good, if he can ever get his shot back, he could be an allstar type player one day. Lets not give up on the kid, hes such a likeable guy.

smokes

Huge Member
More disturbing is Fields free throw shooting. His ball flies off to the left and right sides of the rim, and hes down over 20% from last year. He put on too much bulk I think. But his basketball instincts are so good, if he can ever get his shot back, he could be an allstar type player one day. Lets not give up on the kid, hes such a likeable guy.

I doubt Fields is ever gonna play to the kind of level which would make anyone offer him a large contract, so he should be easy to keep here.

FireCoachD

Benchwarmer
Suns win!

Doesn't look good for the Warriors...down twenty with 2:23 to go.

L. Mbah a Moute comes in with Ilyasova hurt and puts up 22/17 Lol. The way the bucks are playing right now, with the addition of Monta for inactives, I wouldn't be surprised if Boston misses the playoffs.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Amazing win for the Knicks!

Effort, hustle, defense, ball movement and such a spread out effort with multiple contributors. Excluding that amazing run during Linsanity, that is one of my favorite wins of the season.

8th seed makes 6th seed look completely discombobulated.

Tyson Chandler, MVP.

Fields' omnipresence.

Jefferies amazing block.

Melo's clever runouts.

STAT's post moves - my favorite.

And then as Davis injures himself, Smith does an excellent job running the 1 for the 2nd unit.

Brilliant.

**** you, Granny Danger. Now we're coming to your house to shit right on the floor.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The more I realize it, the gap between us and 3-6 seeds is not that much. The way the Hawks and the Celtics have been playing (Celtics got blown out by the Kings tonight lol), 6th seed might be possible.

I've said it before. The sky is the limit for this Knicks team. There is an incredible amount of talent on this team.

BTW, Lin's numbers haven't been outstanding these past two games, but keep in mind I think he played 20-something minutes in each one. Also if you go back & watch the games, he's had a bunch of assists robbed by some missed open jumpers and easy looks at the rim. Especially the Portland game. Lin is going to be a stud. The physical tools are all there.

Hope they go out tomorrow night and beat Indiana back to back. Would be great if they could get a little winning streak going here. Would also be nice if Milwaukee stopped playing over their heads. Let's go Knicks!!

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
What I also liked about this team is the communication between team and coach. For instance when Novak came in, the next play is a double screen to a pass from lin to Novak for an open 3, which started an amazing streak of 3 pointers.

This is great, it shows the coach is trying to get his players into rhythm and that the players are executing the coach's plan to the max. It's a great symbiosis. Hope this goes on, and there's even room to improve, so we can really go the distance this season.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So how many of you ****ers put down Chandler for 4 blocks after the game, you rep sluts! :lol:

Have to put an expiration on those things.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy⑧s;220360 said:
So how many of you ****ers put down Chandler for 4 blocks after the game, you rep sluts! :lol:

Have to put an expiration on those things.

Having said that, I'll add a subsequent + rep multiple choice prognosis question here.

Quote this post when replying to the following:

How many steals will the starting back court of Lin and Fields combine for tonight?

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

large_PacersGameday_460_120315.jpg

How it happened:
From the opening tip, the Knicks attacked the Pacers all over the court, the same type of approach seen in Wednesday's blowout win over the Blazers. Indiana only managed six points in the first 10 minutes while Baron Davis drilled a bucket to conclude an impressive first quarter. New York secured a 24-14 lead in the first period and never looked back in the 115-100 victory on Friday night at Madison Square Garden.

large_3.16img2_AlBello.jpg

Prior to the contest, Danny Granger was quoted as saying the Pacers had two "winnable" games on the schedule. This of course was in reference to the rare back-to-back matchup against the Knicks and obviously the comment did not sit well with the home team.

large_3.16img3_AlBello.jpg

The Knicks' suffocating defense was a pleasure to watch as they held Granger scoreless until the 2:57 mark of the second quarter. The Pacers top scorer only registered nine points in the defeat. Indiana only managed to shoot 22.7 percent from the floor in the first quarter and finished 40 percent for the game.

large_3.16img16_Kalinsky.jpg

New York's offense was equally as impressive by only committing 12 turnovers and dishing out 22 assists. The bench exploded for the second straight game in the second half scoring a combined 59 points.

The overall dominating performance was highlighted by the Knicks 52-34 advantage in the paint and 23-11 fastbreak disparity. New York also connected on 11-for-25 attempts from the 3-point arc, spearheaded by the deep range shooting of J.R. Smith (16 points) and Steve Novak (12 points).

large_3.16img12_Kalinsky.jpg

Top Knick:
Tyson Chandler dominated both sides of the floor on Friday night. The big man patrolled the paint and held All-Star Roy Hibbert to four points on 2-for-10 shooting. In 26 minutes of action, Chandler scored a team-high 16 points, grabbed seven boards, and swatted four shots. His activity on the pick-and-roll and production in the paint helped the Knicks establish a physical presence in their second consecutive victory.

large_3.16img20_Saffran.jpg

News and Notes:
Davis left the game with a strained right hamstring in the second quarter and did not return. Before the injury, Davis scored seven points in seven minutes on 3-for-3 shooting from the field.

large_3.16img21_Saffran.jpg

Statistically Speaking:
Over the last two games, the Knicks have held their opponents to a combined 26 points in the first quarter. Additionally, New York has outscored Portland and Indiana 105-60 in the first half.

Looking Ahead:
Both the Pacers and Knicks will travel to Indiana following Friday night's game for a quick turnaround and rematch on Saturday. All the action begins at 7 PM on MSG and on ESPN 1050.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
+ rep recipients for Chandler's 4 blocks are:

BananaSauce, BIG APPLE SPORTS, DrB, I Hate Joakim Noah, inthemix, JazRedGT, knicksin60, NicksKnicks, vpell

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;220362 said:
+ rep recipients for Chandler's 4 blocks are:

BananaSauce, BIG APPLE SPORTS, DrB, I Hate Joakim Noah, inthemix, JazRedGT, knicksin60, NicksKnicks, vpell

HAhahahaha... I looked at that when there was like 5 minutes left in the game and only 3 people had voted for 4 :lol:

wian

Benchwarmer
I agree with Barkley - with the talent on this squad, if we can only get it together and play like we have tonite and against Portland, we are 3rd best seed. I dont rate Atlanta, Indiana, Philly, and i reckon we will thump Boston if we play our A Game ! I am not sure if we can match it with Miami or Orlando, but i think we can beat the Bulls if we can contain Rose.

Anyway, lets see if we can get on a roll and come home with a Wet Sail for the remainder of the season. :gony: :smokin: :peace:

smokes

Huge Member
I agree with Barkley - with the talent on this squad, if we can only get it together and play like we have tonite and against Portland, we are 3rd best seed. I dont rate Atlanta, Indiana, Philly, and i reckon we will thump Boston if we play our A Game ! I am not sure if we can match it with Miami or Orlando, but i think we can beat the Bulls if we can contain Rose.

Anyway, lets see if we can get on a roll and come home with a Wet Sail for the remainder of the season. :gony: :smokin: :peace:

I think we have a chance against anyone... Looking at it on paper anyway.

The Heat are a great team but they are VERY weak on the inside. With Tyson and a STAT who actually plays D we can shut them down inside. And with those players going offensively we can abuse them. The Heat seem like a great outside shooting team when you look at the %s however... Chalmers, Battier and Miller are really their only guys who shoot them. Wade and James have taken like twenty 3-pointers all season. Theoretically we own Miami from inside out... They are probably better defensively but we definitely match up with them.

Orlando as we know is basically Dwight Howard and a bunch of 3 point shooters who can all pass the ball. If Tyson can keep Dwight in check and Woodson can do the thing MDA never did and set a zone D to kill their 3pt threat we would be in good shape.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I want to win by 30 tonight.

If there can be a new poll it should be "How man 3's will Novak and JR combine for?"

... I'll say 8.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Looking at your sig... I'm asking myself where are all those cool Knicks commercials? Last season it was "you, us, we, now" and "then and now", a couple of seasons ago it was "you in"... and this season there is nothing! Even our pregame promos are way below those from last season (except "Big 3" and "Cindarella Man").

Last edited: