View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 6.67%

8 26.67%

9 30.00%

11 36.67%
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 418192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Header Threader - Knicks V Pacers March 16 @ 7:30 - March 17 @ 7:00

Suns win!

Doesn't look good for the Warriors...down twenty with 4:23 to go.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Mar 16, 2012 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Suns win!

Doesn't look good for the Warriors...down twenty with 2:23 to go.
    L. Mbah a Moute comes in with Ilyasova hurt and puts up 22/17 Lol. The way the bucks are playing right now, with the addition of Monta for inactives, I wouldn't be surprised if Boston misses the playoffs.

Amazing win for the Knicks!

Effort, hustle, defense, ball movement and such a spread out effort with multiple contributors. Excluding that amazing run during Linsanity, that is one of my favorite wins of the season.

8th seed makes 6th seed look completely discombobulated.

Tyson Chandler, MVP.

Fields' omnipresence.

Jefferies amazing block.

Melo's clever runouts.

STAT's post moves - my favorite.

And then as Davis injures himself, Smith does an excellent job running the 1 for the 2nd unit.

Brilliant.

**** you, Granny Danger. Now we're coming to your house to **** right on the floor.

Veteran

The more I realize it, the gap between us and 3-6 seeds is not that much. The way the Hawks and the Celtics have been playing (Celtics got blown out by the Kings tonight lol), 6th seed might be possible.

I've said it before. The sky is the limit for this Knicks team. There is an incredible amount of talent on this team.

BTW, Lin's numbers haven't been outstanding these past two games, but keep in mind I think he played 20-something minutes in each one. Also if you go back & watch the games, he's had a bunch of assists robbed by some missed open jumpers and easy looks at the rim. Especially the Portland game. Lin is going to be a stud. The physical tools are all there.

Hope they go out tomorrow night and beat Indiana back to back. Would be great if they could get a little winning streak going here. Would also be nice if Milwaukee stopped playing over their heads. Let's go Knicks!!

What I also liked about this team is the communication between team and coach. For instance when Novak came in, the next play is a double screen to a pass from lin to Novak for an open 3, which started an amazing streak of 3 pointers.

This is great, it shows the coach is trying to get his players into rhythm and that the players are executing the coach's plan to the max. It's a great symbiosis. Hope this goes on, and there's even room to improve, so we can really go the distance this season.

So how many of you ****ers put down Chandler for 4 blocks after the game, you rep sluts!

Have to put an expiration on those things.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    So how many of you ****ers put down Chandler for 4 blocks after the game, you rep sluts!

Have to put an expiration on those things.
    Having said that, I'll add a subsequent + rep multiple choice prognosis question here.

Quote this post when replying to the following:

How many steals will the starting back court of Lin and Fields combine for tonight?

How it happened:
    From the opening tip, the Knicks attacked the Pacers all over the court, the same type of approach seen in Wednesday's blowout win over the Blazers. Indiana only managed six points in the first 10 minutes while Baron Davis drilled a bucket to conclude an impressive first quarter. New York secured a 24-14 lead in the first period and never looked back in the 115-100 victory on Friday night at Madison Square Garden.

Prior to the contest, Danny Granger was quoted as saying the Pacers had two "winnable" games on the schedule. This of course was in reference to the rare back-to-back matchup against the Knicks and obviously the comment did not sit well with the home team.

The Knicks' suffocating defense was a pleasure to watch as they held Granger scoreless until the 2:57 mark of the second quarter. The Pacers top scorer only registered nine points in the defeat. Indiana only managed to shoot 22.7 percent from the floor in the first quarter and finished 40 percent for the game.

New York's offense was equally as impressive by only committing 12 turnovers and dishing out 22 assists. The bench exploded for the second straight game in the second half scoring a combined 59 points.

The overall dominating performance was highlighted by the Knicks 52-34 advantage in the paint and 23-11 fastbreak disparity. New York also connected on 11-for-25 attempts from the 3-point arc, spearheaded by the deep range shooting of J.R. Smith (16 points) and Steve Novak (12 points).

Top Knick:
    Tyson Chandler dominated both sides of the floor on Friday night. The big man patrolled the paint and held All-Star Roy Hibbert to four points on 2-for-10 shooting. In 26 minutes of action, Chandler scored a team-high 16 points, grabbed seven boards, and swatted four shots. His activity on the pick-and-roll and production in the paint helped the Knicks establish a physical presence in their second consecutive victory.

News and Notes:
    Davis left the game with a strained right hamstring in the second quarter and did not return. Before the injury, Davis scored seven points in seven minutes on 3-for-3 shooting from the field.

Statistically Speaking:
    Over the last two games, the Knicks have held their opponents to a combined 26 points in the first quarter. Additionally, New York has outscored Portland and Indiana 105-60 in the first half.

Looking Ahead:
    Both the Pacers and Knicks will travel to Indiana following Friday night's game for a quick turnaround and rematch on Saturday. All the action begins at 7 PM on MSG and on ESPN 1050.

+ rep recipients for Chandler's 4 blocks are:

BananaSauce, BIG APPLE SPORTS, DrB, I Hate Joakim Noah, inthemix, JazRedGT, knicksin60, NicksKnicks, vpell

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    + rep recipients for Chandler's 4 blocks are:

BananaSauce, BIG APPLE SPORTS, DrB, I Hate Joakim Noah, inthemix, JazRedGT, knicksin60, NicksKnicks, vpell
    HAhahahaha... I looked at that when there was like 5 minutes left in the game and only 3 people had voted for 4

I agree with Barkley - with the talent on this squad, if we can only get it together and play like we have tonite and against Portland, we are 3rd best seed. I dont rate Atlanta, Indiana, Philly, and i reckon we will thump Boston if we play our A Game ! I am not sure if we can match it with Miami or Orlando, but i think we can beat the Bulls if we can contain Rose.

Anyway, lets see if we can get on a roll and come home with a Wet Sail for the remainder of the season.

Originally Posted by wian
    I agree with Barkley - with the talent on this squad, if we can only get it together and play like we have tonite and against Portland, we are 3rd best seed. I dont rate Atlanta, Indiana, Philly, and i reckon we will thump Boston if we play our A Game ! I am not sure if we can match it with Miami or Orlando, but i think we can beat the Bulls if we can contain Rose.

Anyway, lets see if we can get on a roll and come home with a Wet Sail for the remainder of the season.
    I think we have a chance against anyone... Looking at it on paper anyway.

The Heat are a great team but they are VERY weak on the inside. With Tyson and a STAT who actually plays D we can shut them down inside. And with those players going offensively we can abuse them. The Heat seem like a great outside shooting team when you look at the %s however... Chalmers, Battier and Miller are really their only guys who shoot them. Wade and James have taken like twenty 3-pointers all season. Theoretically we own Miami from inside out... They are probably better defensively but we definitely match up with them.

Orlando as we know is basically Dwight Howard and a bunch of 3 point shooters who can all pass the ball. If Tyson can keep Dwight in check and Woodson can do the thing MDA never did and set a zone D to kill their 3pt threat we would be in good shape.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I love Knicks Friday Night! I love RR and Knicks City Dancers! I love to watch my Knicks demolishing a bunch of scrubs that think they can make a playoff run!
    Ekhm... BANG!

I want to win by 30 tonight.

If there can be a new poll it should be "How man 3's will Novak and JR combine for?"

... I'll say 8.

Looking at your sig... I'm asking myself where are all those cool Knicks commercials? Last season it was "you, us, we, now" and "then and now", a couple of seasons ago it was "you in"... and this season there is nothing! Even our pregame promos are way below those from last season (except "Big 3" and "Cindarella Man").

Last edited by Lercher; Mar 17, 2012 at 08:00.