View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 6.67%

8 26.67%

9 30.00%

11 36.67%
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1222363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Double Header Threader - Knicks V Pacers March 16 @ 7:30 - March 17 @ 7:00

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    I understand the fact that you have to ride the hot hand but MJ would never let anyone take the game winner unless he has no other choice and they have a better shot ala Steve Kerr. Lin could drive to the basket late in the 4th Qtr of a playoff game and get stripped or commit a costly turnover because we wanted to ride the hot hand rather than ride a top 3 clutch performer. Glad for the win no doubt but i hope we go to our stars late in games.
    Do we have a top 3 clutch performer on our club? Not this season, we don't.

Having said that, I like how late in the fourth quarter, Woody had Melo running the point. I don't necessarily want Melo to take the last shot tonight. He is having his worst shooting season, a good 5 points below his average.

If today's game came down to the last shot, the ball should be in Lin's hand and station Novak or JR on the wing for the open 3.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnickKnack
    Man, I'm noticing a couple of you guys stay hatin...

Hating on melo..If not melo..

Lin. If not Lin...

Stat.

The only thing you guys should care about is the Knicks winning. We've won 3 in a row guys, and we're almost back to .500. Give the guys above a break for a while, they've been playing their hearts out.

I thought this was a forum for Knick lovers and enthusiasts, not haters??

STOP HATIN'

Man....later for those guys....Melo, Lin, Woodson, and the rest of the team are
    WINNING!!!

If it comes down to the last shot I hope we get the ball to Chandler. After all he has the highest shooting% in history going on this season.

Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryGundy

Having said that, I like how late in the fourth quarter, Woody had Melo running the point. I don't necessarily want Melo to take the last shot tonight. He is having his worst shooting season, a good 5 points below his average.

If today's game came down to the last shot, the ball should be in Lin's hand and station Novak or JR on the wing for the open 3.

Its nice to have so many options

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    I don't hate Lin. I just don't believe the hype. I see him as average at best while You and the rest of Skip Bayliss crew of bandwagoners see him as M.J..
    Nobody treated Lin like M.J. but at the same time nobody treated Lin like crap as if he didn't belong. You and Mayweather should get together. Or are you Mayweather in disguise....

Just curious, why can't you be happy when Knicks finally had a ray of hope even if it is overhyped?

If it comes down to the last shot I hope we get the ball to Chandler. After all he has the highest shooting% in history going on this season.
    Highest dunk%*

If we get Chandler open underneath sure but the reason Chandler is shooting like 70% for the season is because about 69% of his shots are open dunks

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Its nice to have so many options
    It's nice to be on a winning streak again.

This is a team loaded with talent. With proper coaching, I don't see why Knicks can't be in the Eastern Conference Final. We do need to move up to 6th seed to get past the first round though.

Happy St Paddy's Day. Let the drinking begin.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Highest dunk%*

If we get Chandler open underneath sure but the reason Chandler is shooting like 70% for the season is because about 69% of his shots are open dunks
    Chandler should be buying his PGs dinner every night.

I don't hate Lin. I just don't believe the hype. I see him as average at best while You and the rest of Skip Bayliss crew of bandwagoners see him as M.J..

i do see ur point in that he`s not as great as the media make him out to be .....BUT average at best???? for essentially a rookie?? does he need to improve??? no doubt !!! but for what we all have witness ??? average??? enjoy him while we can .....for we may never see a story like this again

Just curious, why can't you be happy when Knicks finally had a ray of hope even if it is overhyped?
    I'm very happy ...I still don't believe the hype tho...but that and hating is not the same thing..I guess when you're on the bandwagon you can't see that. It's the same in Denver with Tebow. His fans don't get it either.

Agree and disagree. Lin has shown signs of clutch, and it doesn't just come down to one shot usually, but the entire 4th quarter (even though he's hit some big shots this year).

I didn't mind Melo running the point today, but I don't necessarily like it if the game was tied, or we was down by 2. Melo is solid in the post, so having him bring the ball up just wastes time off the shot clock, and doesn't allow him to quickly get in position, or look for a mis match.

Overall, I feel we have 3 solid players that can take over in the 4th - stat, melo, and yes - Lin. Lin is a threat now, and his consistency overall is improving.

In order of clutchiness:

Melo - Post up and iso
    Lin - Off the pick and roll
    Stat - Off the pick and roll

We got a lot of choices, i'm just glad we got them.

I'm very happy ...I still don't believe the hype tho...but that and hating is not the same thing..I guess when you're on the bandwagon you can't see that. It's the same in Denver with Tebow. His fans don't get it either.
    The hype is extreme, painting him as an all star, he ain't there yet and won't be for at least another year or two.

To say he's just an average PG is not really accurate either, he's above average, especially for essentially a rook.

If we didn't have Lin we would be screwed right now. That's not hype that's fact.

next season lin will be on his first allstar game.

he going to topple yao ming's votes.

the differents .... we all hear of tebow heisman trophy winner ....I never hear of Lin

You don't sound happy, just saying. Before Linsanity, everything about the Knicks was depressing. This was a team going nowhere fast and with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I enjoyed Linsanity but mostly I enjoyed Lin's youthful exuberance. The 10-day long Linsanity was a bravura performance that I've never experienced as a Knicks fan dating back to Willis Reed days. Just be glad you were there.