View Poll Results: + Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 6.67%

8 26.67%

9 30.00%

11 36.67%
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13233738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Double Header Threader - Knicks V Pacers March 16 @ 7:30 - March 17 @ 7:00

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    You don't sound happy, just saying. Before Linsanity, everything about the Knicks was depressing. This was a team going nowhere fast and with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I enjoyed Linsanity but mostly I enjoyed Lin's youthful exuberance. The 10-day long Linsanity was a bravura performance that I've never experienced as a Knicks fan dating back to Willis Reed days. Just be glad you were there.
    That's because LeFume's probably slightly racist, or he has a secret crush on asian boys...

Originally Posted by KnickKnack
    Overall, I feel we have 3 solid players that can take over in the 4th - stat, melo, and yes - Lin. Lin is a threat now, and his consistency overall is improving.

In order of clutchiness:

Melo - Post up and iso
    Lin - Off the pick and roll
    Stat - Off the pick and roll

We got a lot of choices, i'm just glad we got them.
    I was talking about the last shot but in the 4th quarter of a close game, either Melo or Lin can run the point. Melo is an extremely gifted passer for a big man.

On the last shot, I won't run a Melo iso or Lin PnR. Too predictable and easy to defend. I'd inbound the ball to Tyson and have him hand off to Lin on a curl. Put JR or Novak on the wing. Simple play and low risk of TO.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    I was talking about the last shot but in the 4th quarter of a close game, either Melo or Lin can run the point. Melo is an extremely gifted passer for a big man.

On the last shot, I won't run a Melo iso or Lin PnR. Too predictable and easy to defend. I'd inbound the ball to Tyson and have him hand off to Lin on a curl. Put JR or Novak on the wing. Simple play and low risk of TO.
    That's because LeFume's slightly racist, or he has a secret crush on asian boys...

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    I'm very happy ...I still don't believe the hype tho...but that and hating is not the same thing..I guess when you're on the bandwagon you can't see that. It's the same in Denver with Tebow. His fans don't get it either.
    I'm not trippin lin and am on no bandwagon. I just accept he's good as you got to accept you have some sort of bias against him that you not mentioning.

Veteran

The Lovefest between Melo and Lin is making me smile....

Lin's classic moment of the game.....Him and Granger yapping at each other then on the very next play he boxes granger out and granger is called for the foul.......thats a f;kin top class competitor.........

Veteran

sorry just to add Kudos to Woodson for making Amare play decent Defense and for Melo's hustle and only a few lapses......

Great win.

I am Loving Linsanity !

And it couldn't have happed to a nicer bloke ! he deserves it big time !

Best thing that ever happened to our team !

Let's just hope we can ruffle a few feathers and cause some serious damage in the playoffs !

Ok, ok I admit it.... I cheated on the Chandler block poll lol... It was too tempting to pass up

Another great win tonight, Lin played very well, I loved the team effort on D and all the hustle. One thing that was extremely impressive is that when Indiana cut the lead to 1, and ended the 3rd quarter down by just 3, the Knicks did not cave in. In the past they would have collapsed under that adversity. Not tonight- they battled, didn't give up, and held Indiana to just 14 fourth quarter points. That's coming up big when it matters the most. You have to like what you see right now from the Knicks. Let's get this "winnable" home game coming up against Toronto and keep it going!!

Originally Posted by I Hate Joakim Noah
    Ok, ok I admit it.... I cheated on the Chandler block poll lol... It was too tempting to pass up

Another great win tonight, Lin played very well, I loved the team effort on D and all the hustle. One thing that was extremely impressive is that when Indiana cut the lead to 1, and ended the 3rd quarter down by just 3, the Knicks did not cave in. In the past they would have collapsed under that adversity. Not tonight- they battled, didn't give up, and held Indiana to just 14 fourth quarter points. That's coming up big when it matters the most. You have to like what you see right now from the Knicks. Let's get this "winnable" home game coming up against Toronto and keep it going!!
    Careful there!

Originally Posted by KnickKnack
    Man, I'm noticing a couple of you guys stay hatin...

Hating on melo..If not melo..

Lin. If not Lin...

Stat.

The only thing you guys should care about is the Knicks winning. We've won 3 in a row guys, and we're almost back to .500. Give the guys above a break for a while, they've been playing their hearts out.

I thought this was a forum for Knick lovers and enthusiasts, not haters??

STOP HATIN'

Haha...the haters today sounded just like the pacers fan forum. I checked out their game thread after the game and thought I was still at knicksonline.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How many teams wish they can pick up a Lin-type of player off waiver and pay him less than a mil?
    Just be happy that knicks have such a player in Lin for virtually nothing. Actually make a whole lot of money by selling of Linsanity Tshirts, and not to mention the income from extra televised game all over the world.

If you consider Lin as a rookie, and who, from 2011 draft picks, have better stats than Lin? The answer is no one! I believe only #1 overall draft, Kyle Irving, has the similar stats as him.

Just be happy and stop hating!

LMAO, there is a short article about our last game in de Volkskrant, a Dutch paper that never writes anything about basketball.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    LMAO, there is a short article about our last game in de Volkskrant, a Dutch paper that never writes anything about basketball.

"plotseling vertrokken Mike d'Antoni"

i KNEW he was a plotseling vertrokken!

LOL, that means D'Antoni left unexpectedly. Learn foreign languages with Dz, only $20/lesson! Lesson 1: New York was Dutch!

Lin is an above average player for basically a rookie but do I trust him deep in the playoffs vs Miami and Chicago, not yet he still has to prove himself against teams like that on the road but he has a bright future.

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Lin is an above average player for basically a rookie but do I trust him deep in the playoffs vs Miami and Chicago, not yet he still has to prove himself against teams like that on the road but he has a bright future.
    2 things.

1. he dropped 38 on the Lakers and showed up big against the Mavs, and even though he might not have those types of games due to gameplanning against him, he still showed his high skill level.

2. I feel like he's being more responsible with the ball lately. Could be Woodson, might not but either ways he's not turning the ball over as much as he used to.