23 games Remain (Miss playoffs, 6-8th seed?): My guess 35-31 record

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
It's all about confidence, comfort, and flow.

It might not be a bad thing to remain at the 8th place till play off. That way, we would have the best mentality to fight Chicago Bulls. (Like there's nothing to lose if we lose.) Once we beat the Bulls, our confidence level will reach the highest and we'll get the championship right this year!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just had another look at the schedule and realized that we aren't traveling to the WC for the remainder of the season.

We really should aim for 6th seed, and analyze Orlando's game for a first round match-up starting in Florida.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;220908 said:
Just had another look at the schedule and realized that we aren't traveling to the WC for the remainder of the season.

We really should aim for 6th seed, and analyze Orlando's game for a first round match-up starting in Florida.

In this case, why not 5th?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
We need to concentrate on getting back to 500 at least before we start these high expectations. If Philly goes on a slump and we are able to extend the Win streak to 6 and put us back at 500 i think we can take over the division if not.... i think we will finish the 7th seed. Philly schedule is not the tough they handled business early in the season which we failed to do so anything can happen it'll be interesting to see how it all finishes out

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
76ers lost their last three and have been 5-11 since February 15, let's hope they keep sliding. Our record in the same period of time is 7-9 (including L6 streak).
:gony:

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I really think that the most important thing is to continue to improve as a team playing with great defensive intensity for long stretches especially from the get go. Hopefully Baron stays healthy(i am conserned about it), and we should improve the chemistry before the playoffs.
If this team plays together, like we saw in last 3 games, we can beat anyone. I repeate, any team. Getting the 5th sead should make things easyer though, as i think miami and orlando are not a good match up for us.

Kiyaman

Legend
Welcome to KO

Hi guys. I am a long time Knick fan and this is my FIRST post.
I think now, that we got rid of the worst coach in the entire NBA, the whole attitude has changed. And i mean teams, fans and even medias.
It was a no brainer to make that change, and i wish it was done sooner.
Here is what i think about our chances.
I think we are going to make playoffs for sure. Ideally , 5th spot would be great, to avoid teams like Miami, Chicago and Orlando, but honestly, if we continue to play with defensive intensity like knicks demonstrated in last 3 games, we can beat everyone in the east but Heat.
This team is deepest in the league, great frontcourt, decent backcourt, great bench, with a lethal shooter in Novak.
We might even beat Miami, because our frontcourt is a lot better, our bench is longer and a much better. We will see, but i am very optimistic right now.

Welcome welcome, your input is on the money :agreed: although, the 5th seed
may take a little more chemistry & gellin than what we have right now, but
the 6th seed is callin the Knicks name....
I'm going to stick with "Crazy" on the 6th seed....to see a postseason matchup
of Tyson Chandler vs Dwight Howard....the Knicks in 6

Kiyaman

Legend
It's all about confidence, comfort, and flow.

It might not be a bad thing to remain at the 8th place till play off. That way, we would have the best mentality to fight Chicago Bulls. (Like there's nothing to lose if we lose.) Once we beat the Bulls, our confidence level will reach the highest and we'll get the championship right this year!

Headcoach Thibs Bulls are not to be messed with in the first round....
especially with a frontcourt of Noah, Azi, Boozer, Gibs, and a strong
offense/defense Deng.

Woodson with Tyson Chandler wont have any problems getting a quick 4 wins vs
SVG & Howard in the firstround.

nyk_nyk

All Star
We need to be concerned with just winning our games. There is no telling how the teams above us will perform going forward but if we stay focused and plan for each opponent and keep winning, it will work itself out.

We can get to the 6th seed but 7-8 is more likely. That recent 6 game slide was a killer!

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Headcoach Thibs Bulls are not to be messed with in the first round....
especially with a frontcourt of Noah, Azi, Boozer, Gibs, and a strong
offense/defense Deng.

Woodson with Tyson Chandler wont have any problems getting a quick 4 wins vs
SVG & Howard in the firstround.

Yes, thanks, that would be the normal reasoning and I totally agreed with that.

I'm just saying there is a part of me who so want the championship this year that we should take on the toughest challenge in the first round. :)

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
We need to concentrate on getting back to 500 at least before we start these high expectations. If Philly goes on a slump and we are able to extend the Win streak to 6 and put us back at 500 i think we can take over the division if not.... i think we will finish the 7th seed. Philly schedule is not the tough they handled business early in the season which we failed to do so anything can happen it'll be interesting to see how it all finishes out

At this point the playoffs aren't a lock but I agree we can catch Philly. They're only 4.5 ahead of us (they will beat the Bobcats tonight). We get the 4th seed since the division leaders must be in the top four spots and it will get us home court in the first round against the Pacers or Hawks.

Wednesday's game against Philly is huge if we wanna catch them instead of the having the 7th or 8th seed.

petescud

Starter
well if knick history follows suit, we will go approx 16-8 the rest of the way. We play more quality teams then sub .500 teams, and the Knicks play those teams better for some reason. Seems its been that way since i was a Knick fan. lol

KingCharles34

All Star
^ I hope your right Petescud

In my opinion the Knicks are just about as unpredictable as they come. So far we look great under Woodson, but 3 games is a small sample size. Anywhere from 4th to 9th sounds about right to me, if the Knicks do what they're capable of i think we can catch Philly and win the Atlantic. Its just a matter of continuing to do what they did against the Pacers and Blazers. We're loaded from the starters to the bench, but all that talent means nothing if we dont make the playoffs or if we get swept in the 1st round

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Philly were never gonna lose tonight.

Boston did what we're learning to become dependent on, and won the game by stopping Atlanta's offensive game plan. That will happen less against the Knicks (having our offense figured out) now that D'Antoni's gone, along with his predictability and unchanging method. Doc Rivers got it easy against Mike.

They won't be able to do that to us if we continue to utilize the post and, especially, Melo on the block. We need him to get back to dominating SFs so badly. I'm looking forward to seeing what Woodson has designed from the inside - out during this 3 day break.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.

Winning the division?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....:boohoo:

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Winning the division?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....:boohoo:

It's very likely, bro! The ball is round. :)

If we don't even think about a division title, how are we gonna think about a championship?

My theory to support this?

1. Superstars don't necessarily mean championship ==> What happened last year after LeBron James joined Miami? Mavs won the title.

2. What happened Feb 19? ==> Knicks won over the Mavs.

So it's just possible! :)

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
It's very likely, bro! The ball is round. :)

If we don't even think about a division title, how are we gonna think about a championship?

My theory to support this?

1. Superstars don't necessarily mean championship ==> What happened last year after LeBron James joined Miami? Mavs won the title.

2. What happened Feb 19? ==> Knicks won over the Mavs.

So it's just possible! :)

Although I agree with your arguments, your conclusion has nothing to do with them.

1. We are the team with the superstarts remember, Philly isn't. They just play good team Bball.
2. In a long (and even a short one like this) NBA season, any given game can go either way, but winning consistently demands BOTH good players (call them stars or just reliable players) AND good coaching and teamplay.

From what we saw under woodson there's definitely reasons to be optimistic, but it's, as stated, a very small sample size. If we beat Philly, then we can start thinking about div title. Now it's just a little premature. Baby steps...

And yes, the ball is indeed round.