23 games Remain (Miss playoffs, 6-8th seed?): My guess 35-31 record

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I agree, Philly is playing great team bball without superstars.
Knicks are playing great team bball right now. I was very surprised how easily we beat Indiana especially in the garden.
Are we going to continue playing like this or even improve? I sure hope so.
I would take a team that plays team bball with superstars vs team playing great team bball without superstars any time.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

As of today, Hollinger of ESPN only gives Knicks 59.8% making the playoff, 1.4% making the conference final and 0.7% making the championship.

Winning the Final would have longer odds than the '69 Mets, or as improbably as '69 Jets.

Not a bad idea to place a few bucks on the Knicks now!:peace:

Rookie
For me, knicks have amazing squad. All players very good, just need start play. Melo need start play for team, not for stats because Melo all carrier play
selfish and never win NBA. So, maybe now, its time to start play for team?

A.Stoudemire its bigest problem motivation, because when you lose brother i think you dont care basketball. If someone can inspire him, will be good. Maybe who go in arena, can use poster and write something nice for A.Stoudemire. Because i lost people too, and i understund its change everything.

All others play very good, J.Lin, Tyson and even landry is player who can help us win NBA, and dont metter seed, you are 8 or 1. If you want win NBA, you need beat all.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
The Hooliger Power Rankings are a measure of each teams performance in the season so far.
Somebody, please tell that organization that Dambtony is gone and this is a different team now.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
For me, knicks have amazing squad. All players very good, just need start play. Melo need start play for team, not for stats because Melo all carrier play
selfish and never win NBA. So, maybe now, its time to start play for team?

A.Stoudemire its bigest problem motivation, because when you lose brother i think you dont care basketball. If someone can inspire him, will be good. Maybe who go in arena, can use poster and write something nice for A.Stoudemire. Because i lost people too, and i understund its change everything.

All others play very good, J.Lin, Tyson and even landry is player who can help us win NBA, and dont metter seed, you are 8 or 1. If you want win NBA, you need beat all.

Another epic post. No offense bro, but LOL. Can't help it.

Rookie
And where is LOL? i see this:
Melo selfish
Amare no motivation

change this, and knicks can beat any team. Heat, Orlando, Bulls. I dont care, if you want win NBA, anyway you need beat all best teams, so why not in start? If i good remember Memphis last season have 8 seed and beat 1 seed Spurs?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
And where is LOL? i see this:
Melo selfish
Amare no motivation

change this, and knicks can beat any team. Heat, Orlando, Bulls. I dont care, if you want win NBA, anyway you need beat all best teams, so why not in start? If i good remember Memphis last season have 8 seed and beat 1 seed Spurs?
+1, your English reminds me of Mr. Wu from Deadwood. :teeth:

mafra

Legend
THANKS CRAZY-mon!

WOW! Knicks are on fire. What a game that was last night. Haven't enjoyed a game like that, vs a team like that, in a LONG TIME. Without Amar'e & Lin, who expected that blowout?

When I was looking at the final 23 games, I split the remaining part of the schedule into 3 acts: 7-11-5. The first act was a stretch of 7 "winnable" games, & then that was followed by a tough 11 game gauntlet, before finally concluding with an "easy" 5 game run to end the season. I set par as 5-2, then 6-5, then 4-1. Thought 15-8 was within reason, if I was setting the bar of expectation.

Now, while I felt par would get the Knicks into the playoffs (as long as they beat MIL twice)... I was sure that NY would need to do more if they were going to catch BOS or PHI.

Well, the Knicks went 6-1 in the first act! Not perfect but better than par. They've also started the brutal 11 game stretch w/ an impressive, confidence-building victory last night.

Here's NYK's remaining 15 games:

@ATL, CLE, @INDY, @ORL, CHI, @CHI, @MIL, WAS, MIA, BOS, @NJ, @CLE, @ATL, LAC, @CHA.

Sure, Knicks have CHI (twice), MIA & BOS. At least 3 of those 4 games are home at MSG. Still, 2-2 would be great. 1-3 probably what we shoud expect there though.

Knicks play at ATL (twice), at ORL, at MIL & at INDY. 5 semi-tough games. 3-2 is par, although if we go 1-3 against the best of what's left, we better go 4-1. The 2 CLE games, NJ, WAS, LAC, CHA should be 6 gimme wins. CLE plays us tough though, so I'll set par at 5-1.

9-6 is par. This will ensure we get into the playoffs. But this wont get us the 4-6 seed. I post this: If we breeze through our easy 6 games, go 4-1 in the semi-tough & draw a split in those 4 tough battles... If we manage to finish season on a 12-3 run... WE WILL CATCH BOS & PHI and finish with the 4th seed! Let's do it.

Amar'e out might be a blessing. Woodson has been fantastic. We need Jeffries back soon to fill in for STAT. Get Davis into better game shape as well. Knicks are deep, we can survive. Get healthy is the key though. So make sure Chandler, Melo, Amar'e, Lin, Davis and the rest ae ready to go come May.

mafra

Legend
Well, here we are... 2 games left. We did it! Yippee.

Knicks are 34-30. I predicted 35-31. Pretty dead on. I think we'll win the final 2 games, so I expect us to finish 36-30. Sure, that is slightly better than par (for what I predicted over the final 23 games)... but it still wasn't good enough to escape the 7-8 seed.

I felt that 36-30 to 33-33 was good enough to get us in the playoffs, but not enough to escape the doomed 7-8 seeds.

It sucks, b/c it turns out that 37-29 would be good enough to get us the 6th seed.

JUST ONE MORE WIN during the course of 66 games and the Knicks would be facing off w/ the Pacers in the first round. ONE MORE FREAKING WIN!

Playing MIA in the second round isn't much better than playing them in the first round, in the grand scheme of things... BUT, with all things considered, we could at least feel the season was successful if we won a playoff series & forced a 6-7 game in round 2.

We could look at the Woodson era as a hit in that case.

We definitely held on to Dantoni too long. If we fire him 2 weeks earlier, Knicks are sitting in the 6th spot right now. We win a playoff round (for the first time in over a decade), and we get to square of with the Heat for the right to go to the Eastern Conf. finals.

Sucks.

We were 1 win from that.

Now, we get to see us bow out again in the first round, adn maybe that means we go w/ Phil Jax over Woody. Who knows.

Maybe we luck out. Maybe CHA & MEM beat ORL, and we win out, and we still get the #6th seed.

miked1958

Rotation player
I'd rather face Miami in first round. Pacers we would be expected to beat. That would make the series tougher and put added pressure on us IMO. On the other hand NO ONE would expect us to beat Miami. They are the chosen ones. All the pressure would be on them. They are the ones that said they would win not 5, not 6, not 7 titles. Lol. Riley has a close eye on them and if they fail this time their coach will lose his job and bosh is prob gone as well as othe role players.
I think it's a better matchup then the bulls as well. All they are hearing is weather the Knicks should tank to get them in first round. They would come out trying to destroy us and have a chip on their shoulder with something to prove.

So.. I say we go and put the screws to the Heat.....