vsToronto ....W
    @Philadelphia ....OT win
    @Toronto ....W
    vsDetroit ....W
    vsMilwaukee ....W
    vsOrlando ....W
    @Atlanta ....W
    vsCleveland ....W

If we lose two of the above games our record stands at (27-26) with 13 games
    remaining to fight for the 5th or 6th seed.

Hi guys. I am a long time Knick fan and this is my FIRST post.
    I think now, that we got rid of the worst coach in the entire NBA, the whole attitude has changed. And i mean teams, fans and even medias.
    It was a no brainer to make that change, and i wish it was done sooner.
    Here is what i think about our chances.
    I think we are going to make playoffs for sure. Ideally , 5th spot would be great, to avoid teams like Miami, Chicago and Orlando, but honestly, if we continue to play with defensive intensity like knicks demonstrated in last 3 games, we can beat everyone in the east but Heat.
    This team is deepest in the league, great frontcourt, decent backcourt, great bench, with a lethal shooter in Novak.
    We might even beat Miami, because our frontcourt is a lot better, our bench is longer and a much better. We will see, but i am very optimistic right now.

Veteran

Knicks have a lot of winnable games coming up. The Knicks blew out both games of a home-and-home series against the 4th best team in the EC (they're only behind the 76ers for divisional reasons, they have a better record). They're playing a lot of **** teams coming up and they need to get their act together and win those games. Especially considering the Celtics have a couple tough games coming up - we might be able to overtake them.

Veteran

Keep up this defensive intensity and we can do what the Giants did. The Knicks are deep...scoring isn't a prob. Once we're in a series we have the edge....if we stay playing the same way. Any team can lose to us...Portland beat Chicago after we clobbered them. Chicago didn't have Rose but they beat a hot Miami heat team without Rose too...while we almost beat them when he was playing. I like our chances going forward...

Brilliant thread, mafra!

Nicely put together.

We most certainly need that tie breaker with the Bucks, and the more emphatic the victories, the better. The Bucks have a far easier schedule than us as the season closes, but they also just added Monta Ellis. If they click early, that's a back-court that can burn any other out of sheer speed.

Seeing what we're capable of since D'Antoni's departure, excluding the Blazers game, I can't help but wonder how we got to this stage; fighting for 8th.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Mike Woodson First....3-0 Defense is going on a WIN streak

vsToronto ....W
    @Philadelphia ....OT win
    @Toronto ....W
    vsDetroit ....W
    vsMilwaukee ....W
    vsOrlando ....W
    @Atlanta ....W
    vsCleveland ....W

If we lose two of the above games our record stands at (27-26) with 13 games
    remaining to fight for the 5th or 6th seed.
    I agree, Kiyaman.

I think we can come away with, at the very least, an 8-2 over our next 10, and potentially supplant those faggot Celtics for 7th. If it ends up as Milwaukee VS Boston for 8th and Boston loses, that'll be my supplementary win once the playoffs are over for the Knicks.

So, I think Boston has to be added to the conversation, as we're only 2.5 games back on them. Their remaining schedule is comparatively about as challenging as NY's.

Monday, March 19 @ Atlanta Hawks 7:30 p.m. -
    46 Thursday, March 22 @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:00 p.m.
    -
    47 Friday, March 23 @ Philadelphia 76ers 8:00 p.m.
    -
    48 Sunday, March 25 Washington Wizards 6:00 p.m. -

49 Monday, March 26 @ Charlotte Bobcats 7:00 p.m. -

50 Wednesday, March 28 Utah Jazz 7:30 p.m. -

51 Friday, March 30 @ Minnesota Timberwolves 8:00 p.m.
    -

# Date Opponent Time Result Broadcast Giveaways/Promotions
    52 Sunday, April 1 Miami Heat 3:30 p.m.
    -
    53 Wednesday, April 4 San Antonio Spurs 7:30 p.m. -

54 Thursday, April 5 @ Chicago Bulls 9:30 p.m.
    -
    55 Saturday, April 7 @ Indiana Pacers 7:30 p.m. -

56 Sunday, April 8 Philadelphia 76ers 6:00 p.m.
    -
    57 Tuesday, April 10 @ Miami Heat 7:00 p.m.
    -
    58 Wednesday, April 11 Atlanta Hawks 8:00 p.m.
    -
    59 Friday, April 13 @ Toronto Raptors 7:00 p.m. -

60 Saturday, April 14 @ New Jersey Nets 7:30 p.m. -

61 Sunday, April 15 @ Charlotte Bobcats 6:00 p.m. -

62 Tuesday, April 17 @ New York Knicks 8:00 p.m.
    -
    63 Wednesday, April 18 Orlando Magic 8:00 p.m.
    -
    64 Friday, April 20 @ Atlanta Hawks 7:00 p.m.
    -
    65 Tuesday, April 24 Miami Heat 8:00 p.m.
    -
    66 Thursday, April 26 Milwaukee Bucks

We can take these decrepit old knob suckers, but whether or not Miami end up first or second seed remains to be seen. Much prefer to play the Bulls in the opener.

We're 5 games back on 6th seed Atlanta, and I'm not sure of that's within our reach or not. We could definitely take Orlando.

★ Wicked threadage, mafra. OPs and thoroughness like this are the reasons why I come to this site.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Mar 18, 2012 at 22:40.

It's all about confidence, comfort, and flow.

It might not be a bad thing to remain at the 8th place till play off. That way, we would have the best mentality to fight Chicago Bulls. (Like there's nothing to lose if we lose.) Once we beat the Bulls, our confidence level will reach the highest and we'll get the championship right this year!

Just had another look at the schedule and realized that we aren't traveling to the WC for the remainder of the season.

We really should aim for 6th seed, and analyze Orlando's game for a first round match-up starting in Florida.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Just had another look at the schedule and realized that we aren't traveling to the WC for the remainder of the season.

We really should aim for 6th seed, and analyze Orlando's game for a first round match-up starting in Florida.
    In this case, why not 5th?

We need to concentrate on getting back to 500 at least before we start these high expectations. If Philly goes on a slump and we are able to extend the Win streak to 6 and put us back at 500 i think we can take over the division if not.... i think we will finish the 7th seed. Philly schedule is not the tough they handled business early in the season which we failed to do so anything can happen it'll be interesting to see how it all finishes out

76ers lost their last three and have been 5-11 since February 15, let's hope they keep sliding. Our record in the same period of time is 7-9 (including L6 streak).

I really think that the most important thing is to continue to improve as a team playing with great defensive intensity for long stretches especially from the get go. Hopefully Baron stays healthy(i am conserned about it), and we should improve the chemistry before the playoffs.
    If this team plays together, like we saw in last 3 games, we can beat anyone. I repeate, any team. Getting the 5th sead should make things easyer though, as i think miami and orlando are not a good match up for us.

Veteran

Thumbs up Welcome to KO

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Hi guys. I am a long time Knick fan and this is my FIRST post.
    I think now, that we got rid of the worst coach in the entire NBA, the whole attitude has changed. And i mean teams, fans and even medias.
    It was a no brainer to make that change, and i wish it was done sooner.
    Here is what i think about our chances.
    I think we are going to make playoffs for sure. Ideally , 5th spot would be great, to avoid teams like Miami, Chicago and Orlando, but honestly, if we continue to play with defensive intensity like knicks demonstrated in last 3 games, we can beat everyone in the east but Heat.
    This team is deepest in the league, great frontcourt, decent backcourt, great bench, with a lethal shooter in Novak.
    We might even beat Miami, because our frontcourt is a lot better, our bench is longer and a much better. We will see, but i am very optimistic right now.

Welcome welcome, your input is on the money although, the 5th seed
    may take a little more chemistry & gellin than what we have right now, but
    the 6th seed is callin the Knicks name....
    I'm going to stick with "Crazy" on the 6th seed....to see a postseason matchup
    of Tyson Chandler vs Dwight Howard....the Knicks in 6

Veteran

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    It's all about confidence, comfort, and flow.

It might not be a bad thing to remain at the 8th place till play off. That way, we would have the best mentality to fight Chicago Bulls. (Like there's nothing to lose if we lose.) Once we beat the Bulls, our confidence level will reach the highest and we'll get the championship right this year!

Headcoach Thibs Bulls are not to be messed with in the first round....
    especially with a frontcourt of Noah, Azi, Boozer, Gibs, and a strong
    offense/defense Deng.

Woodson with Tyson Chandler wont have any problems getting a quick 4 wins vs
    SVG & Howard in the firstround.

We need to be concerned with just winning our games. There is no telling how the teams above us will perform going forward but if we stay focused and plan for each opponent and keep winning, it will work itself out.

We can get to the 6th seed but 7-8 is more likely. That recent 6 game slide was a killer!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Headcoach Thibs Bulls are not to be messed with in the first round....
    especially with a frontcourt of Noah, Azi, Boozer, Gibs, and a strong
    offense/defense Deng.

Woodson with Tyson Chandler wont have any problems getting a quick 4 wins vs
    SVG & Howard in the firstround.
    Yes, thanks, that would be the normal reasoning and I totally agreed with that.

I'm just saying there is a part of me who so want the championship this year that we should take on the toughest challenge in the first round.