Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: 23 games Remain (Miss playoffs, 6-8th seed?): My guess 35-31 record

  1. #31
    Member NY_Swagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    We need to concentrate on getting back to 500 at least before we start these high expectations. If Philly goes on a slump and we are able to extend the Win streak to 6 and put us back at 500 i think we can take over the division if not.... i think we will finish the 7th seed. Philly schedule is not the tough they handled business early in the season which we failed to do so anything can happen it'll be interesting to see how it all finishes out
    At this point the playoffs aren't a lock but I agree we can catch Philly. They're only 4.5 ahead of us (they will beat the Bobcats tonight). We get the 4th seed since the division leaders must be in the top four spots and it will get us home court in the first round against the Pacers or Hawks.

    Wednesday's game against Philly is huge if we wanna catch them instead of the having the 7th or 8th seed.

  2. #32
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,825
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    well if knick history follows suit, we will go approx 16-8 the rest of the way. We play more quality teams then sub .500 teams, and the Knicks play those teams better for some reason. Seems its been that way since i was a Knick fan. lol

  3. #33
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ^ I hope your right Petescud

    In my opinion the Knicks are just about as unpredictable as they come. So far we look great under Woodson, but 3 games is a small sample size. Anywhere from 4th to 9th sounds about right to me, if the Knicks do what they're capable of i think we can catch Philly and win the Atlantic. Its just a matter of continuing to do what they did against the Pacers and Blazers. We're loaded from the starters to the bench, but all that talent means nothing if we dont make the playoffs or if we get swept in the 1st round

  4. #34
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Boston and Philadelphia both won tonight...

  5. #35
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    ^

    Philly were never gonna lose tonight.

    Boston did what we're learning to become dependent on, and won the game by stopping Atlanta's offensive game plan. That will happen less against the Knicks (having our offense figured out) now that D'Antoni's gone, along with his predictability and unchanging method. Doc Rivers got it easy against Mike.

    They won't be able to do that to us if we continue to utilize the post and, especially, Melo on the block. We need him to get back to dominating SFs so badly. I'm looking forward to seeing what Woodson has designed from the inside - out during this 3 day break.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.
    We will win.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.
    Winning the division?

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves....

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Winning the division?

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves....
    It's very likely, bro! The ball is round.

    If we don't even think about a division title, how are we gonna think about a championship?

    My theory to support this?

    1. Superstars don't necessarily mean championship ==> What happened last year after LeBron James joined Miami? Mavs won the title.

    2. What happened Feb 19? ==> Knicks won over the Mavs.

    So it's just possible!

  10. #40
    Member lookgrabpull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by rogeryy
    It's very likely, bro! The ball is round.

    If we don't even think about a division title, how are we gonna think about a championship?

    My theory to support this?

    1. Superstars don't necessarily mean championship ==> What happened last year after LeBron James joined Miami? Mavs won the title.

    2. What happened Feb 19? ==> Knicks won over the Mavs.

    So it's just possible!
    Although I agree with your arguments, your conclusion has nothing to do with them.

    1. We are the team with the superstarts remember, Philly isn't. They just play good team Bball.
    2. In a long (and even a short one like this) NBA season, any given game can go either way, but winning consistently demands BOTH good players (call them stars or just reliable players) AND good coaching and teamplay.

    From what we saw under woodson there's definitely reasons to be optimistic, but it's, as stated, a very small sample size. If we beat Philly, then we can start thinking about div title. Now it's just a little premature. Baby steps...

    And yes, the ball is indeed round.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I agree, Philly is playing great team bball without superstars.
    Knicks are playing great team bball right now. I was very surprised how easily we beat Indiana especially in the garden.
    Are we going to continue playing like this or even improve? I sure hope so.
    I would take a team that plays team bball with superstars vs team playing great team bball without superstars any time.

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    As of today, Hollinger of ESPN only gives Knicks 59.8% making the playoff, 1.4% making the conference final and 0.7% making the championship.

    Winning the Final would have longer odds than the '69 Mets, or as improbably as '69 Jets.

    Not a bad idea to place a few bucks on the Knicks now!

  13. #43
    Newbie 2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    For me, knicks have amazing squad. All players very good, just need start play. Melo need start play for team, not for stats because Melo all carrier play
    selfish and never win NBA. So, maybe now, its time to start play for team?

    A.Stoudemire its bigest problem motivation, because when you lose brother i think you dont care basketball. If someone can inspire him, will be good. Maybe who go in arena, can use poster and write something nice for A.Stoudemire. Because i lost people too, and i understund its change everything.

    All others play very good, J.Lin, Tyson and even landry is player who can help us win NBA, and dont metter seed, you are 8 or 1. If you want win NBA, you need beat all.

  14. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    The Hooliger Power Rankings are a measure of each teams performance in the season so far.
    Somebody, please tell that organization that Dambtony is gone and this is a different team now.

  15. #45
    Member lookgrabpull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by 2012
    For me, knicks have amazing squad. All players very good, just need start play. Melo need start play for team, not for stats because Melo all carrier play
    selfish and never win NBA. So, maybe now, its time to start play for team?

    A.Stoudemire its bigest problem motivation, because when you lose brother i think you dont care basketball. If someone can inspire him, will be good. Maybe who go in arena, can use poster and write something nice for A.Stoudemire. Because i lost people too, and i understund its change everything.

    All others play very good, J.Lin, Tyson and even landry is player who can help us win NBA, and dont metter seed, you are 8 or 1. If you want win NBA, you need beat all.
    Another epic post. No offense bro, but LOL. Can't help it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 119
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2011, 21:34
  2. The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2008, 19:38
  3. Looking back on the 2003-04 Knicks season
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 22:10
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. Random NBA facts you didn't know
    By metrocard in forum NBA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2007, 16:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •