Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 23 games Remain (Miss playoffs, 6-8th seed?): My guess 35-31 record

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    We need to concentrate on getting back to 500 at least before we start these high expectations. If Philly goes on a slump and we are able to extend the Win streak to 6 and put us back at 500 i think we can take over the division if not.... i think we will finish the 7th seed. Philly schedule is not the tough they handled business early in the season which we failed to do so anything can happen it'll be interesting to see how it all finishes out
    At this point the playoffs aren't a lock but I agree we can catch Philly. They're only 4.5 ahead of us (they will beat the Bobcats tonight). We get the 4th seed since the division leaders must be in the top four spots and it will get us home court in the first round against the Pacers or Hawks.

Wednesday's game against Philly is huge if we wanna catch them instead of the having the 7th or 8th seed.

well if knick history follows suit, we will go approx 16-8 the rest of the way. We play more quality teams then sub .500 teams, and the Knicks play those teams better for some reason. Seems its been that way since i was a Knick fan. lol

^ I hope your right Petescud

In my opinion the Knicks are just about as unpredictable as they come. So far we look great under Woodson, but 3 games is a small sample size. Anywhere from 4th to 9th sounds about right to me, if the Knicks do what they're capable of i think we can catch Philly and win the Atlantic. Its just a matter of continuing to do what they did against the Pacers and Blazers. We're loaded from the starters to the bench, but all that talent means nothing if we dont make the playoffs or if we get swept in the 1st round

Boston and Philadelphia both won tonight...

^

Philly were never gonna lose tonight.

Boston did what we're learning to become dependent on, and won the game by stopping Atlanta's offensive game plan. That will happen less against the Knicks (having our offense figured out) now that D'Antoni's gone, along with his predictability and unchanging method. Doc Rivers got it easy against Mike.

They won't be able to do that to us if we continue to utilize the post and, especially, Melo on the block. We need him to get back to dominating SFs so badly. I'm looking forward to seeing what Woodson has designed from the inside - out during this 3 day break.

It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    It's hard not to look ahead to Wednesday night's game against the Sixers. It's almost a must-win game if Knicks plan on winning the division. Melo and Stat need to show up and step up.
    We will win.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Winning the division?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Winning the division?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....
    It's very likely, bro! The ball is round.

If we don't even think about a division title, how are we gonna think about a championship?

My theory to support this?

1. Superstars don't necessarily mean championship ==> What happened last year after LeBron James joined Miami? Mavs won the title.

2. What happened Feb 19? ==> Knicks won over the Mavs.

So it's just possible!

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    It's very likely, bro! The ball is round.

If we don't even think about a division title, how are we gonna think about a championship?

My theory to support this?

1. Superstars don't necessarily mean championship ==> What happened last year after LeBron James joined Miami? Mavs won the title.

2. What happened Feb 19? ==> Knicks won over the Mavs.

So it's just possible!
    Although I agree with your arguments, your conclusion has nothing to do with them.

1. We are the team with the superstarts remember, Philly isn't. They just play good team Bball.
    2. In a long (and even a short one like this) NBA season, any given game can go either way, but winning consistently demands BOTH good players (call them stars or just reliable players) AND good coaching and teamplay.

From what we saw under woodson there's definitely reasons to be optimistic, but it's, as stated, a very small sample size. If we beat Philly, then we can start thinking about div title. Now it's just a little premature. Baby steps...

And yes, the ball is indeed round.

I agree, Philly is playing great team bball without superstars.
    Knicks are playing great team bball right now. I was very surprised how easily we beat Indiana especially in the garden.
    Are we going to continue playing like this or even improve? I sure hope so.
    I would take a team that plays team bball with superstars vs team playing great team bball without superstars any time.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As of today, Hollinger of ESPN only gives Knicks 59.8% making the playoff, 1.4% making the conference final and 0.7% making the championship.

Winning the Final would have longer odds than the '69 Mets, or as improbably as '69 Jets.

Not a bad idea to place a few bucks on the Knicks now!

For me, knicks have amazing squad. All players very good, just need start play. Melo need start play for team, not for stats because Melo all carrier play
    selfish and never win NBA. So, maybe now, its time to start play for team?

A.Stoudemire its bigest problem motivation, because when you lose brother i think you dont care basketball. If someone can inspire him, will be good. Maybe who go in arena, can use poster and write something nice for A.Stoudemire. Because i lost people too, and i understund its change everything.

All others play very good, J.Lin, Tyson and even landry is player who can help us win NBA, and dont metter seed, you are 8 or 1. If you want win NBA, you need beat all.

The Hooliger Power Rankings are a measure of each teams performance in the season so far.
    Somebody, please tell that organization that Dambtony is gone and this is a different team now.

Originally Posted by 2012
    For me, knicks have amazing squad. All players very good, just need start play. Melo need start play for team, not for stats because Melo all carrier play
    selfish and never win NBA. So, maybe now, its time to start play for team?

A.Stoudemire its bigest problem motivation, because when you lose brother i think you dont care basketball. If someone can inspire him, will be good. Maybe who go in arena, can use poster and write something nice for A.Stoudemire. Because i lost people too, and i understund its change everything.

All others play very good, J.Lin, Tyson and even landry is player who can help us win NBA, and dont metter seed, you are 8 or 1. If you want win NBA, you need beat all.
    Another epic post. No offense bro, but LOL. Can't help it.