Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McMillan fired. GET HIM!

Default McMillan fired. GET HIM!

ASAP. This is our guy imho. The guy did wonders in Portland (until this last slide) in spite of loosing 2 future superstars. Injuries plagued the team and he had them playing well and winning. Advancing in the playoffs was just impossible for such a depleted roster.

Anyways. Do you guys like him?

If things don't work out with Woodson we can go for Phil Jackson in a few months. I don't see the point unless we get him as an assistant.

No! He cant handle the personalities on the blazers now, how would he handle melo, amare? Hes just like Dantoni, passive and not stern. Plus hes got no hardware to command respect.

Originally Posted by Seba
    ASAP. This is our guy imho. The guy did wonders in Portland (until this last slide) in spite of loosing 2 future superstars. Injuries plagued the team and he had them playing well and winning. Advancing in the playoffs was just impossible for such a depleted roster.

Anyways. Do you guys like him?

Originally Posted by NYallDay
    No! He cant handle the personalities on the blazers now, how would he handle melo, amare? Hes just like Dantoni, passive and not stern. Plus hes got no hardware to command respect.
    Well, the only coach available with the hardware to command respect is Phil Jackson (discounting Larry Brown for obvious reasons), who obviously anyone would take for any amount of money any day of the week. This is all supposing he's not interested (sadly, the most likely scenario).

I'm hoping Woodson can suceed because I'm tired of the team making moves each season. If he doesn't do well then my choices are Jax or JVG.

We need to give Woodson a chance.

If we bring ANYONE new, Dolan might as well go all out and bring Phil.

Screw McMillan did you not see what that Blazer team is like? They have plenty of talent themselves.

I think give Woodson a chance and see how he does before ditching him after 1 game

Superstar

He is just a different version of D'Antoni. Has some good qualities, but his negatives outway his positives. Forget him. Keep Woodson, and then try to go after Phil Jackson. If Jackson says no and Woodson does well the rest of the year than resign him.

Superstar

McMillan did an excellent job the past few years. Blazers were always really underrated due to no star players. Remember... Dallas said the Blazers were the hardest team they faced in the entire championship run last year. They really hustled.

He is known for holding players accountable and working his ass off. His peers all give a lot of respect to him as well. I'm not sure how our spoiled players would react to some toughness though...

By all means he is definitely known in coaching circles to be a step above Woodson.

He's just an unlucky guy. Plain and simple.

Under him, Portland was supposed to be one of the top teams in the NBA with Greg Oden and Brandon Roy as their franchise players...

Imagine those two playing together and with the rest of their roster, they have LaMarcus Aldridge and had G Wallace... they would've definitely been a contending team and a bitch to beat...
    The Portland situation is just sad and unlucky.

Wow. These forums man...

Nate McMillian blew his achilles out a few seasons ago, while filling at practice, because the team had so many injuries, they were struggling to field full 5 on 5 scrimmages. And he still coached, because he said if the players can play thru injuries, then he can sit on the sidelines and coach with one.

Another version of D'Antoni? What the **** are you guys talking about?

He holds players to the same standard he holds himself. His team just stopped playing for him...it happens. The Lakers didn't play for Phil in the last two games of the semi's last year...does that mean Phil isn't worth it either?

Nate overachieved big time, in the loaded Western Conference long enough for us to know what he brings to the table.

All of that being said, I do agree that we should let Woodson finish out this season and then see what happens from there. Phil is option #1, McMillan is option #2, Brian Shaw/Ron Adams/Mike Budenholzer should be 3rd options.

I would put Sloan on that list, but I believe Phil would be more ready to come to NY and coach should the right circumstances present themselves. He has ties here that Sloan doesn't.

Veteran

That's what happens when you get beat by 42 by a team with a 6 game losing streak, the coach gets fired. Blazers cleaned house firing Nate, trading Camby and Wallace.

right now the knicks need assistants so who knows I could see them going after him.

KnicksonLIN.com

Mike Woodson deserves a chance. He helped the Hawks advance to the semi-finals twice, so maybe he can do that with the Knicks next year.