Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McMillan fired. GET HIM!

Whoever they get will need these qualites:

- Be able to handle the diva attitudes that the media has made of Melo/Amare/JR

- Can hold players accountable no matter what thier star status may be

- Coach defense

- Run set plays out of timeouts, final shot possessions and low shot clock situations

- Be able to handle the exuctives (james Dolan) and the mess of the front office

Originally Posted by Seba
    ASAP. This is our guy imho. The guy did wonders in Portland (until this last slide) in spite of loosing 2 future superstars. Injuries plagued the team and he had them playing well and winning. Advancing in the playoffs was just impossible for such a depleted roster.

Anyways. Do you guys like him?
    Any coach that lets a stacked roster like Portland with Felton, Batum, Camby, Aldridge, Wallace, Wesley Matthews all not on the same page reminds me too much on Mike Dantoni

Forget it.

Mike Woodson for now and if not Woodson then Phil Jackson.

Superstar

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Wow. These forums man...

Nate McMillian blew his achilles out a few seasons ago, while filling at practice, because the team had so many injuries, they were struggling to field full 5 on 5 scrimmages. And he still coached, because he said if the players can play thru injuries, then he can sit on the sidelines and coach with one.

Another version of D'Antoni? What the **** are you guys talking about?

He holds players to the same standard he holds himself. His team just stopped playing for him...it happens. The Lakers didn't play for Phil in the last two games of the semi's last year...does that mean Phil isn't worth it either?

Nate overachieved big time, in the loaded Western Conference long enough for us to know what he brings to the table.

All of that being said, I do agree that we should let Woodson finish out this season and then see what happens from there. Phil is option #1, McMillan is option #2, Brian Shaw/Ron Adams/Mike Budenholzer should be 3rd options.

I would put Sloan on that list, but I believe Phil would be more ready to come to NY and coach should the right circumstances present themselves. He has ties here that Sloan doesn't.
    I though he was a good coach also, to say he's just another C'ANToni is hitting below the belt.

Plain and simple no. We need a coach that's proven and that has coached stars. So he would be able to deal with all that comes with the territory. Honestly ride it out with Woodson and look real hard in the off season.

Why woould anyone hire a coach that just GOT FIRED?!?!?!

Do you think anyone is chasing after D'antoni?!?!?!?

Seriously.

Knicks fans are absolutly retar..............

you finish my thought.

I think Woodson should finish this season as a Knick coach. Lets see how this team performes in the playoffs. Based on the results in the post season, we should talk about his future. He knows it, players know it, everybody knows it, even Dolan knows it(not sure about this one).
    So far this team responded in a big way, especially on the defensive end which is huge for a championship contender and as we all know offence is not a problem with a deep and talanted team like this.
    Having said that, if Phil Jackson was available right now, i would take him right now with no hesitation.

Lurker

lets lure phil to NY..as he says "NY is special"

Originally Posted by madsqgardensnyk
    Why woould anyone hire a coach that just GOT FIRED?!?!?!

Do you think anyone is chasing after D'antoni?!?!?!?

Seriously.

Knicks fans are absolutly retar..............

you finish my thought.
    If coach Thibodeau gets fired somewhere down the line D'antoni will replace him. A lot of people forget that D'antoni was Chicago's number 1 choice a few years ago.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    If coach Thibodeau gets fired somewhere down the line D'antoni will replace him. A lot of people forget that D'antoni was Chicago's number 1 choice a few years ago.
    Bulls have been 1st place for 2 years because of Tibs' defensive mind he brings to the team. He is a great coach, why the hell would they let him go and sign Danphony?

Come on people, be real.

Tibs will get resigned and Mike D will be signed with the Raptors since they had interest in him when he was on the hot seat a while ago.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Mike D will be signed with the Raptors since they had interest in him when he was on the hot seat a while ago.
    That's my bet too. Colangelo is there and he's missing his phoenix days. Only it's not gonna happen. I predict epic fail for DAntoni in TOR.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I wonder if the thread starter knows anything about McMillan's coaching style.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Do you really think that Chicago will still be interested in him after he demonstrated his inability to teach any kind of D, communicate with his players, especially with superstars, make in game adjustments, and so many other mistakes he has made in 4 years that i dont even care to talk about now?
    I wish him well, but honestly, i think that his career as an NBA coach is over. Forget Bulls, no nba team would hire him as a head coach, maybe as an offensive coordinater, but i doubt it.

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Do you really think that Chicago will still be interested in him after he demonstrated his inability to teach any kind of D, communicate with his players, especially with superstars, make in game adjustments, and so many other mistakes he has made in 4 years that i dont even care to talk about now?
    I wish him well, but honestly, i think that his career as an NBA coach is over. Forget Bulls, no nba team would hire him as a head coach, maybe as an offensive coordinater, but i doubt it.
    I'm sure MDA will get another head coaching job in the NBA if he wants one.

At the very least, a team like Cleveland, NJ, NOH etc these rebuilding teams with talent could use him to boost players value. His coaching style does lend itself well to rebuilding teams.

As for Nate McMillan I can't imagine why we would want him seriously, after the situation we've just seen in NY it just makes no sense.