Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mike Woodson to lean on stars

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    Good point! I had that wonder too.
    I'd say MDA did the right thing to stick with the "working system". The problem was, he didn't have the power to change Melo's mind. And that should be done. So it was bound to happen (MDA's leaving).

I can only say, his sacrifice is worth it. And meant to be. Whatever it takes to bring the players together. Whatever it takes to give Melo time, space, and excuse to adjust to the fact that there's a rising star in the Knicks.

Melo is shooting .400 for the season. If he shoots less than 50% tonight (which he will certainly do), he will be under 40% for the year. He still took the most shots on the team (5-15 last night). To his credit, he is finally playing D and hustle at the other end of the court. The last 4 games are all blow outs. He can miss as much shot as he want and wouldn't affect the game. If the last 4 games are very close game, his poor shooting will hurt the team and he will hear it from the fans again.
    I hope Melo knows this is not his year and stop forcing up shots or trying to be the man. This is not his team.

Veteran

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    What "unheard of languages"?
    The alien dialect that was popping up around here. I think we're safe now since Woodson took over... it seems the invasion was successfully adverted and the D'Ant supporters were beamed up and returned to their home world...they are no where to be found. Our species shall now live on in peace.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    The alien dialect that was popping up around here. I think we're safe now since Woodson took over... it seems the invasion was successfully adverted and the D'Ant supporters were beamed up and returned to their home world...they are no where to be found. Our species shall now live on in peace.
    Thanks.
    You put it like a novel.

Originally Posted by Den318
    Melo is shooting .400 for the season. If he shoots less than 50% tonight (which he will certainly do), he will be under 40% for the year. He still took the most shots on the team (5-15 last night). To his credit, he is finally playing D and hustle at the other end of the court. The last 4 games are all blow outs. He can miss as much shot as he want and wouldn't affect the game. If the last 4 games are very close game, his poor shooting will hurt the team and he will hear it from the fans again.
    I hope Melo knows this is not his year and stop forcing up shots or trying to be the man. This is not his team.

weren't some of that numbers were offensive rebound put back which led to ft.
    aslong, he gets to the line and makes the ft. i'm fine.

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    weren't some of that numbers were offensive rebound put back which led to ft.
    aslong, he gets to the line and makes the ft. i'm fine.

He did a lot of good things the last 4 games when his shots are not falling. I just hope Woodson doesn't automatically call his number when the game is on the line in the 4th QT. His shots are not falling the WHOLE YEAR. If we are behind with 5 secs to go, i rather Amare, Lin, JR, Novak take the last shot before Melo unless he is HOT that night.