Everyone should know this

Paul1355

All Star
To prove even more that Mike D is an epic fail of a coach, check out these stats:

In his first game as a Knick coach, Mike Woodson's Knicks beat Portland by 42 points, which was the highest point differential by any coach in his first game...in NBA HISTORY.

And the person in 2nd place behind Woodson was Alvin Gentry who took over for Mike D for the Phoenix Suns.

Coincidence that the two coaches to take over for Mike D have the best point differential in NBA History in the their first games as coaches???

Seems like players really wake up and play better once they realize Mike D is gone!:beer:

To prove even more that Mike D is an epic fail of a coach, check out these stats:

In his first game as a Knick coach, Mike Woodson's Knicks beat Portland by 42 points, which was the highest point differential by any coach in his first game...in NBA HISTORY.

And the person in 2nd place behind Woodson was Alvin Gentry who took over for Mike D for the Phoenix Suns.

Coincidence that the two coaches to take over for Mike D have the best point differential in NBA History in the their first games as coaches???

Seems like players really wake up and play better once they realize Mike D is gone!:beer:

Stop talking trash, he's gone man your wish came true.

No need kick people while they're down plus ONE ****ing game doesn't mean shit.

TakMan

Rotation player
Stop talking trash, he's gone man your wish came true.

No need kick people while they're down plus ONE ****ing game doesn't mean shit.

Hardly an analysis worth taking seriously. The Knicks offence displayed against Portland was essentially D'Antoni's system with effort. I don't know why the players demonstrated the effort after he'd gone, but it's fairly obvious that there were dressing room issues that D'Antoni just could not resolve and in the end, the right decision was made. But yes the Portland game means nothing really.

Hardly an analysis worth taking seriously. The Knicks offence displayed against Portland was essentially D'Antoni's system with effort. I don't know why the players demonstrated the effort after he'd gone, but it's fairly obvious that there were dressing room issues that D'Antoni just could not resolve and in the end, the right decision was made. But yes the Portland game means nothing really.

I agree and I know that it was the right decision, but it's just stupid, childish and daft to gibe him now that he's gone.

I actually appreciate the fact that it was D'Antoni who initiated his exit by talking to Grunwald. Shows that the guy is a class act, unfortunately a lot of Knicks fans ain't which annoys me at times.

It's not only the coach, but also booing teenagers on draft night like Gallo, Balkman, I think even Shump was booed by our own? Ridiculous and and embarrassing.

smokes

Huge Member

It wasn't D'Antoni system really. They played similar sets but, more emphasis was on Melo/STAT when they were in the game, more ISO's were called for them, we substituted properly, we ran some different plays out of bounds... Yeah it was kinda a half and half game but Woodson def had his stamp on that game.

Actually it is meaningful, you can't ignore 42 points. I'd say the same if we won by 10 or 20 but 42? That breeds confidence, trust and chemistry in the team and those are 3 very important things going forward.

kinein

Benchwarmer

... and the fact that D'antoni was at the shoot-around/final practice before the news conference & game ... translates into him having no responsibility for the team that smashed the trailblazers? Hmmm.

You really should just make a "hate someone that no longer is part of the organization thread".

TakMan

Rotation player
It wasn't D'Antoni system really. They played similar sets but, more emphasis was on Melo/STAT when they were in the game, more ISO's were called for them, we substituted properly, we ran some different plays out of bounds... Yeah it was kinda a half and half game but Woodson def had his stamp on that game.

Actually it is meaningful, you can't ignore 42 points. I'd say the same if we won by 10 or 20 but 42? That breeds confidence, trust and chemistry in the team and those are 3 very important things going forward.

Bah. It was a very psyched display against a failing Blazers team. Shots were also falling which helped. Smith was 7-14 and Novak 6-10 from three. It's not uncommon for a team to give it their all following the dismissal of their coach. The real challenge now will be to keep the passion and tenacity alive as it seems some of our players like to throw their toys out of the pram. If Woodson is a no-nonsense coach then he should do well as we have a roster that can thrive. They just need to be kept in check, something that D'Antoni was unfortunately unable to do.

skisloper

Starter
They blew them out under Dantonio's offsense,,,,,,,,,,YES GLAD HE IS GONE...

But now get ready to watch an offensive scheme thats like watching paint dry...

Joe Carmelo Johnson Anthony

but as long as we play D and everyone hustles I will always take a win

zshopa

Benchwarmer
seriously? hes gone and its still bash MDA?

dude Portland is utter Garbage!!!

that's y they just dismantled their roster and fired their coach. I've been watching basketball for many years and i have never seen a team that looked good at the start of the season just fall apart.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
... and the fact that D'antoni was at the shoot-around/final practice before the news conference & game ... translates into him having no responsibility for the team that smashed the trailblazers? Hmmm.

You really should just make a "hate someone that no longer is part of the organization thread".

Yes Mr. Isaiah Thomas! and his bendover buddy Mr. dolan

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Very LINteresting. Let's see if Mike Woodson can get Atari Whackmire and Car-JELLO CANThony to play well. I think he can, given that he helped Joe Johnson play to his strengths with the Hawks.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
If Knicks had destroyed Miami on Wednesday night, I'd be more impressed. I doubt Woodson is the right man for the job. PJax or JVG gets my vote.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
I agree and I know that it was the right decision, but it's just stupid, childish and daft to gibe him now that he's gone.

I actually appreciate the fact that it was D'Antoni who initiated his exit by talking to Grunwald. Shows that the guy is a class act, unfortunately a lot of Knicks fans ain't which annoys me at times.

It's not only the coach, but also booing teenagers on draft night like Gallo, Balkman, I think even Shump was booed by our own? Ridiculous and and embarrassing.

also the woody played early defensive pressure on second unit to set a tone.

same D tone he set on today's game.

huge difference.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Our two "superstars" didn't play well tonight and still a blow out. I think the Knicks are playing Linsanity ball for the last 2 games. Everyone is playing with energy and hustle. I hope this can keep up. Melo and Stat wont win any games. It's hard work and team work that will.

smokes

Huge Member
Our two "superstars" didn't play well tonight and still a blow out. I think the Knicks are playing Linsanity ball for the last 2 games. Everyone is playing with energy and hustle. I hope this can keep up. Melo and Stat wont win any games. It's hard work and team work that will.

I'm sure Melo and STAT will win us a few games when we need them to, but most of our games should be like this. It's awesome to watch.