Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone should know this

If Knicks had destroyed Miami on Wednesday night, I'd be more impressed. I doubt Woodson is the right man for the job. PJax or JVG gets my vote.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I agree and I know that it was the right decision, but it's just stupid, childish and daft to gibe him now that he's gone.

I actually appreciate the fact that it was D'Antoni who initiated his exit by talking to Grunwald. Shows that the guy is a class act, unfortunately a lot of Knicks fans ain't which annoys me at times.

It's not only the coach, but also booing teenagers on draft night like Gallo, Balkman, I think even Shump was booed by our own? Ridiculous and and embarrassing.
    also the woody played early defensive pressure on second unit to set a tone.

same D tone he set on today's game.

huge difference.

Our two "superstars" didn't play well tonight and still a blow out. I think the Knicks are playing Linsanity ball for the last 2 games. Everyone is playing with energy and hustle. I hope this can keep up. Melo and Stat wont win any games. It's hard work and team work that will.

Veteran

I mean...our superstars barely played.

Defense set the tone tonight.

Bout ****ing time it did.

Originally Posted by Den318
    Our two "superstars" didn't play well tonight and still a blow out. I think the Knicks are playing Linsanity ball for the last 2 games. Everyone is playing with energy and hustle. I hope this can keep up. Melo and Stat wont win any games. It's hard work and team work that will.
    I'm sure Melo and STAT will win us a few games when we need them to, but most of our games should be like this. It's awesome to watch.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I'm sure Melo and STAT will win us a few games when we need them to, but most of our games should be like this. It's awesome to watch.

Agreed.. even thou our 2 superstar didn't have a good night shooting, they are playing with a lot more energy. That's what everyone was asking for before. You don't have to shoot 50%, but you do have to give it your 100% every time you are on the court.

Its clear Melo is giving a way better effort without the coach there. 22 minutes, 7 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals! In a full game, he is looking at a triple double. Is this the new melo?

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    If Knicks had destroyed Miami on Wednesday night, I'd be more impressed. I doubt Woodson is the right man for the job. PJax or JVG gets my vote.
    I think woodson is a nice fit. He is clearly a defensive coordinator which is exactly what this team needs. With the amount of scoring on the roster we just need a guy like woodson to light a fire under Melo and Amare's ass. Lets see how it plays out, but I think this guy deserves a fair shot at a full season if the knicks finish strong this year..

Originally Posted by FireCoachD
    Its clear Melo is giving a way better effort without the coach there. 22 minutes, 7 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals! In a full game, he is looking at a triple double. Is this the new melo?

hope so. he he looked great

Originally Posted by FireCoachD
    I think woodson is a nice fit. He is clearly a defensive coordinator which is exactly what this team needs. With the amount of scoring on the roster we just need a guy like woodson to light a fire under Melo and Amare's ass. Lets see how it plays out, but I think this guy deserves a fair shot at a full season if the knicks finish strong this year..
    Where has this team been all season? Are we seeing the real Knicks out there tonight? This is insane. Just a few days ago, this team could not beat my church league scrubs and now it is dismantling one of the better teams without breaking a sweat.

I am pleasantly surprised and puzzled at the same time. How could MDA's system have such an impact on the players? We'll see in a few more games if this is not just a mirage.

Great win tonight.

Funny how this damn awful team people are talking about Portland came out and beat Chicago in Chicago today ?

interesting

Originally Posted by wian
    Funny how this damn awful team people are talking about Portland came out and beat Chicago in Chicago today ?

interesting
    They fired their coach, made a bunch of trades and D Rose was injured.

Originally Posted by smokes
    They fired their coach, made a bunch of trades and D Rose was injured.

thsts good news then - if we can contain Rose, we will thump the Bulls too

Originally Posted by wian
    thsts good news then - if we can contain Rose, we will thump the Bulls too
    If anyone can, Shumpert/Tyson can!

Veteran

Originally Posted by ScottishKnick
    hope so. he he looked great
    I would not say he looked great he shot 4 for 12......thats 33%...
    Yes he hustled and rebounded......but his shooting still sucks....
    Once he finds his stroke which I hope is soon it will be like Novak JR